TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - October 13, 2008

Whoa whoa whoa! What happened? Is this a Smackdown thread? Did hundreds of posts get deleted? Was this a RAW where spoilers were announced before hand? Or has wrestling really bottomed out to the point where the flagship show can't draw a multiple page thread on a WRESTLING FORUM?!

1 page? For RAW~!~!~???

That show sucked.

That's why Brody.

I have to admit I cracked up at Beth's botched slam of Knoxville tonight. I had to rewind the DVR to check it out again. Could have done without Big Dick Johnson however.

Main event was dubious since it put the face of the match (Punk) in a bizarre position of getting biased officiating from a guest ref.

I liked that Johnny Knoxville sold one body slam better than Steve-o sold a beating by Umaga.

Also, for some reason I can't remember I deleted a bunch of posts by accident. This thread was the same size as every week, people loved Raw, WWE makes folks smile, and this show won't draw a disasterous rating against MNF and the NLCS.

My roomates and I BS'd through the whole Batista/Shawn match and I turned on the office before Jericho came out for the main event.

Charlie Haas didn't study nuances of Hogan very well. That was a very subpar tribute/mockery

My roommate loves Haas' gimmick and thinks JTG (or whatever the tall one is) should be a single main eventer.

My other roomate asked me if Austin was a sheriff yet. Then we spent 5 minutes trying to decipher the logo on Henry's back. I joked it appeared to be kidney's and the cock hose.... it actually took us til another segment to determine it was a weightlifter.

The Knoxville segment was a fun mess, and Batista did a hilarious mistimed botch spot with Michaels (it was when Michaels was whipped to the corner and he was running towards him) that had to have most of the lumberjacks grinning at that shit.

Sadly, that were about the only things that I found good with Raw tonight.

I liked it. But I don't count.

I ended up watching most of the show in between flipping to the MNF game during commercials. I really didn't think it was that bad of a show, especially compared to last week's snoozefest.

That entire Jackass segment wasn't just a trainwreck, it was a trainwreck at a terminal with an explosion that killed 50 people. It was horrible and had zero redeeming quality. You had Knoxville giggling like Jimmy Fallon as he was slapped then a beyond horrible bodyslam. For some reason out comes Hornswoggle, a fat stripper guy that hasn't been funny ONCE and then Bogeyman!

The best thing is that each week the "RAW drew the highest ratings" thing gets more and more specific. Next week it'll read "RAW was the highest rated entertainment program not containing individuals under the age of 18 on a non sci-fi channel running from the hours of 9 to 11 pm."

That entire Jackass segment wasn't just a trainwreck, it was a trainwreck at a terminal with an explosion that killed 50 people. It was horrible and had zero redeeming quality. You had Knoxville giggling like Jimmy Fallon as he was slapped then a beyond horrible bodyslam. For some reason out comes Hornswoggle, a fat stripper guy that hasn't been funny ONCE and then Bogeyman!

That whole segment took up too much time. I couldn't wait for it to end.

The best thing is that each week the "RAW drew the highest ratings" thing gets more and more specific. Next week it'll read "RAW was the highest rated entertainment program not containing individuals under the age of 18 on a non sci-fi channel running from the hours of 9 to 11 pm."

I like the "Did You Know?" last night that touted ECW as "Sci-Fi's highest rated program last Tuesday." Boy, they are really scraping the botton of the barrel if they are bragging about that "accomplishment".

I like the "Did You Know?" last night that touted ECW as "Sci-Fi's highest rated program last Tuesday." Boy, they are really scraping the botton of the barrel if they are bragging about that "accomplishment".

WWE should get rid of the "Did You Know?" bullshit. It's been nothing but blowjobs about trivial "facts" since day one.

I'm not sure I understand where the Jackass stuff is headed. Are they going to seriously attempt a PPV match with all of those guys vs. Khali? Or just drop the angle entirely? As far as last night I didn't think it was as horrid as others, but I could do without seeing Big Dick ever again.

Personally I thought the Batista/HBK match was worse than the Jackass segment. I wasn't exactly expecting War and Peace once Knoxville showed up, but you'd think Michaels and Big Dave could have a better match than that. Worst Michaels match in a long time.

Man... Michaels was off last night and you can't expect Batista to carry anyone when their having a bad night.

You know it's a bad segment when you can hear Vince yelling at Cole through the headset to laugh at Big Dick Johnson.

JR doesn't specify what he's talking about here, but the title of his blog entry has "Knoxville" in it and he's not mentioned anywhere else...

Is it just me or is there any thing worse on TV than seeing badly performed comedy on a wrestling show? I personally can deal with bad wrestling matches if the individuals are trying better than watching untrained wrestlers attempt to be comedic performers and fail.

Edit: Eh, his name DOES appear later on.