TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 7

Five Fucking Questions

1. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses trading for Roy Williams?

1a. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses for signing Pac Man Jones?

1b. Are the Cowboys completely fucked, with Romo out for a month, and a possibly rough stretch on their schedule?

2. Which team(s) will Detroit beat this year?

3. Will the 49ers finish above .500 this season?

4. Who is more disappointing: Ryan Grant or Joseph Addai? Will either man step up big this week, head to head?

5. This week, will we see the Browns that got thumped by Dallas, or the Browns that whipped the Giants?

1. I think so. I mean, the picks will ideally be playoff team picks so they aren't great, but still, I don't think they've got a weakness at WR that needed 3 draft picks to fill.

1a. I don't think so. As it stands it's 'just' a four-game suspension, and he played decently through the first six games. If he's done for the year then it looks dumber, but as it stands they got at least six games (and a maximum of twelve) this year and who knows how many more through the remainder of his contract/career (assuming no lifetime ban) out of a player at a thin position throughout the league that nobody was sure they'd get one game out of, so I can't say it's a dumbass move.

1b. They aren't totally fucked. The offense isn't going to be terrible under Brad Johnson; he won't win the games Romo won for them but he's not going to lose them games either. Around a .500 split during Romo's recovery time, they'll be fighting for a wild card position unless the NFC East continues its tumble.

2. I think they've got a shot in Houston this week, and hosting Minnesota, but that's it and those are just maybes. Chicago, Jacksonville, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa, Tennessee, Indy, Green Bay...hard to believe this Lions team was unbeaten in the preseason.

3. No way. Giants, Cowboys, Bills, Cards, Jets, Redskins all have legit chances to beat them and they need to win at least two of those to go 8-8.

4. Joseph Addai. Peyton fell off and Addai has shown absolutely no ability to help, pardon the pun, carry the Colts. Same thing with Brian Westbrook, really, he's a good runner and receiver, great overall player but he can't win you the game.

5. Cleveland's making a comeback run here. Whatever was wrong has been righted and they should be ready to roll off some wins. Granted I only see them going 3-3 in their next 6 which puts them at 5-6 and I can't see them taking more than 2 of their last 5 to max out at 7-9, but compared to their 0-3 start after an 0-4 preseason it's a victory for them to get that close to .500.

@Dallas Cowboys St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers @ Buffalo Bills

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals

Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins

San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants

Detroit Lions @ Houston Texans

New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns @ Washington Redskins

Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

AFC:

Jay Cutler

Brett Favre

Big Ben

LDT

Ronnie Brown

Chris Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Reggie Wayne

Andre Johnson

Lav Coles

NFC:

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Kurt Warner

Clinton Portis

Warrick Dunn

Michael Turner

Berrnard Berrian

larry fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

Five Fucking Questions

1b. Are the Cowboys completely fucked, with Romo out for a month, and a possibly rough stretch on their schedule?

4. Who is more disappointing: Ryan Grant or Joseph Addai? Will either man step up big this week, head to head?

5. This week, will we see the Browns that got thumped by Dallas, or the Browns that whipped the Giants?

1. Yeah, they could've had him much cheaper in the off season, and this is going to cause more drama. Roy doesn't want to be a #2...that's why he was bitching in Detroit.

1a. Yup. I mean, it was more a publicity stunt than anything, but he isn't all that great of a CB to be worth this much trouble.

1b. They're not fucked, but along with everything else, it does not help. Dallas has a week defense, and they need a gunslinger to help keep them in the game...Brad Johnson is no gun slinger.

2. Schedule wise, if they're gonna beat a team, it's going to be Huston, Chicago, or Minn. But who knows...the Browns had no shot on monday and look what happened? Believe me, I'd rather be the Lions than the Bengals.

3.No...7-9 at most.

4. Ryan Grant...Addai is having a bad season but atleast he didn't act like a primadonna before the season started, holding ut of training camp and bitching about money...Ryan Grant was one year wonder, and couldn't find the end zone if his life depended on it. Give that ball to Brandon Jackson!

5. This is an important game for the Browns...if they beat the Redskins, not only is that 3 wins in a row, but thats 2 wins in a row against good teams...if they lose, then Monday night's win will be chalked up as a fluke.

Former Chargers DL Chris Mims found dead in apartment.

LOS ANGELES -- Former San Diego Chargers defensive lineman Chris Mims has been found dead in his downtown apartment.

Police say the 38-year-old Mims was discovered shortly before 9:30 a.m. by officers conducting a welfare check. Police say there does not appear to be any evidence of foul play.

Coroner's officials declined to comment because Mims' relatives had not yet been notified.

Mims played eight seasons in the NFL, seven with the Chargers and one with the Washington Redskins. He retired in 2000.

Guest Smues
Former Chargers DL Chris Mims found dead in apartment.

LOS ANGELES -- Former San Diego Chargers defensive lineman Chris Mims has been found dead in his downtown apartment.

Police say the 38-year-old Mims was discovered shortly before 9:30 a.m. by officers conducting a welfare check. Police say there does not appear to be any evidence of foul play.

Coroner's officials declined to comment because Mims' relatives had not yet been notified.

Mims played eight seasons in the NFL, seven with the Chargers and one with the Washington Redskins. He retired in 2000.

I love how it's ok that the public finds out about someone's death before the family, but they draw the line at cause.

"I know ma'am it's traggic that you saw on CNN that your son is dead, but hey you didn't know on CNN that it was from teh AIDS!"

Maybe I am in the minority, but I wouldn't call Grant a disappointment because I expected him to suck. I'm happy for the guy since he cashed in on a hot streak though.

Guest Vitamin X

I really do think Brandon Jackson has been way underutilized this year, too. DeShawn Wynn is back, and he's being given quality time starting this week, so it's still a big question mark. Grant has been a disappointment, but I think someone (probably Harley, that stats geek) pointed out that last season all or most of Grant's big games came against teams with questionable run defenses. The bigger factor in all of this is the awful play of the Packers' offensive line as well. Scott Wells being out didn't help, and the group hasn't seemed to get on track yet, with all the penalties and giving up sacks. Even Pro Bowl tackles Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher aren't playing very well, either. Going up against Robert Mathis is going to be a long day, but I think Grant is way overdue for a big day. Even if takes 40 carries to do it.

Dallas Cowboys @ St. Louis Rams - My finger's on the panic button if I'm a Cowboys fan, but it's still the Rams. A good win Sunday, but Dallas should scratch this one out.

San Diego Chargers @ Buffalo Bills: Look like they're back. The Bills keep it close, but ultimately San Diego wins by six.

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers:

Both teams are puzzling and both need a win here. When in doubt, go with the home team. Carolina by 3, but the Saints should get payback later in the season.
That, to a tee.

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: Flip a coin. Two more perplexing teams than above.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals: The Steelers have pretty quietly gone 4-1. They'll continue to roll here.

Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs: All Titans.

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins: I like the Dolphins. They're still, at best, a 6-10 or 7-9 team, but I think they'll get the win here.

San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants: It seems to be overlooked that one of San Fran's wins came against a depleted Seattle team, and the other was the Lions. They're still the Niners. New York was closer than the score indicated Monday, and will come out looking for blood Sunday.

New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders - It's been mentioned, but Favre owns my Raiders.

Cleveland Browns @ Washington Redskins: I'll say Washington. It's going to be close, though.

Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers: Statement last week, but no Addai? It's another close one, but Indy gets the win.

Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Dare I say Tampa with Jeff Garcia might be the best team in the NFC?
No, but it's not a stretch. Bucs by a bunch.

1. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses trading for Roy Williams? No. For three picks? Yes.

1a. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses for signing Pac Man Jones? Nah. They had to know what they were getting into.

Maybe, but probably not. They should get the win this week, but even with Tampa and NYG on the horizon, followed by a bye? They're at worst 5-5 when Romo comes back, and that should still mean 10-6.

2. Which team(s) will Detroit beat this year? They've got a rough go, but since I haven't made up my mind on Carolina (Week 11) or Minny (Week 14), one of those two is my answer.

3. Will the 49ers finish above .500 this season? Nope. They'll surprise at 5-11 or 6-10 (as they don't have a brutal schedule), but 8-8? No. See my SF-NYG pick for more.

4. Who is more disappointing: Ryan Grant or Joseph Addai? Will either man step up big this week, head to head? I'll say Addai, simply because his play is reflective to a degree of the Colts' surprising record.

5. This week, will we see the Browns that got thumped by Dallas, or the Browns that whipped the Giants? Somewhere in between. Washington still is a very good team, and while the Browns will likely be able to turn it around ultimately, Washington's got the edge this week.

Five Fucking Questions

1.) No, the dumbasses are the people bashing this trade with the "they gutted their draft!" stupidity. The Cowboys had two third round picks and two sixth round picks, so essentially they traded their first rounder and two spare picks to get a game-breaking receiver who is 26 and should be entering the prime of his career in the next couple of seasons. This instantly gives them, without question, the most dangerous offense in the NFL. They lose their first rounder, but they still have nine draft picks in the upcoming draft with a second, third, two fourths, two fifths, a sixth and two seventh's. Plenty of picks and plenty of ammo to move back up into the first round if need be.

1a.) No, they got him for next-to-nothing and since the NFL suspended him, they get a fourth-round compensation pick from the Titans this year. EVEN if he does return to play.

1b.) They SHOULD beat St. Louis even without him and if they can take Tampa at home, they should feel lucky to head into the bye week 6-3 after a loss to the Giants. I see Romo coming back early though based off the latest reports.

2.) Honestly, I could see them going 0-16. As I look at their schedule, after Houston this week they really don't have a game left that I'd pick them to win. But to answer the question and going by the assumption that since Miami did last year, that they'll at least win ONE game, I'll say Houston this week.

3.) Nah, 6-10 at best.

4.) Joseph Addai. I had a feeling Ryan Grant would suck once he got his contract since he sucked fat dick in college and I could never figure out how he completely reversed that and looked good in his rookie year.

5.) The Browns that beat the Giants. I think that like last year, they are going to get into their stride as the season goes on.

Apparently Willie Parker might miss this week's game again because he reinjured his knee stepping in a hole during practice. Why is there a hole on the Steelers practice field?

How else are they to practice playing on the mud pit that is Heinz Field?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Smartest office in the NFL.

There's bound to be somebody better out there. If nothing else, they'll pick up somebody in the draft.

While The Colts never spend money on free agents, and they don't take anybody with character issues, Albert Haynesworth is an unrestricted free agent after this season. So is Julius Peppers.

Guest Vitamin X

Green Bay would be insane not to go for a big name defensive lineman after this year's awfully shitty run defense. Signing name free agents hasn't been Teddy Thompson's MO outside of Charles Woodson, but trying to land Peppers or Haynesworth (both of whom we have to face this year) would be big. No way in hell Carolina doesn't re-sign Peppers, though, but if Tennessee could let Jevon Kearse go when he was at that point in his career, I don't see why Haynesworth wouldn't go, either. Except that defensive linemen have very, very limited careers and are more prone to dropping off faster than arguably any other position in football.

Terrell Suggs, Mike Peterson, and Jonathan Vilma are all free agents this year, too. Pretty damn good class coming up.

1. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses trading for Roy Williams? Nah, I don't think so. They gave up draft picks to be sure but until this trade I don't think the Cowboys had the greatest receivers after Owens.

1a. Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses for signing Pac Man Jones? Yes. Pacman just isn't worth the insane headaches over his off the field antics. He might be a solid player but he can't stay on the field due to all of his suspensions.

1b. Are the Cowboys completely fucked, with Romo out for a month, and a possibly rough stretch on their schedule? Not completely fucked, but if Romo is actually out for a month then they might lose 3 of 4 games. They can beat the Rams either way most likely, but I'd say Tampa, NY Giants, and the Redskins can all beat them.

2. Which team(s) will Detroit beat this year? Honestly, having taken a look at the schedule I see maybe 1 win over Minnesota in the rematch. Otherwise it would have to be an upset.

3. Will the 49ers finish above .500 this season? No. 5-11 likely, maybe 6-10 if they pull an upset over someone.

4. Who is more disappointing: Ryan Grant or Joseph Addai? Will either man step up big this week, head to head? Addai. This is a guy who performed well on a Super Bowl team and was solid again last year, while Grant could turn out to be a one year wonder. Favre may have had something to do with Grant's success, and now with Rodgers teams can focus on stopping the run more.

5. This week, will we see the Browns that got thumped by Dallas, or the Browns that whipped the Giants? A mixture of both. As in I would expect a tough game vs. the Redskins win or lose.

Trading for Roy Williams was a good move. Giving up the farm to get him was not.

Not really. There wasn't really a lot of risk on the Cowboys part even if Pacman screwed up.

I actually think it would be a better idea to sit him down. There is enough talent here to be able to win without him right now even with their tough schedule after the Rams this week, but come playoffs they need him 100%.

Looks pretty ugly for them. They have a shot against Houston this week and the two home games against the Vikings & Saints. Other than that, there isn't much. I say they beat the Vikings being a divisional matchup at home against a team not nearly as good as their record.

Nope, although they will still get second in the NFC West.

Addai. He was supposed to be the #2 RB in the AFC and isn't anywhere close to it right now. The expectations for Grant weren't nearly as great as for Addai.

Washington is coming off an embarrassment last week. They would stomp just about anybody they were up against this week and certainly a mediocre team like Cleveland. However, the condition of Portis is a little scary. If he can't go then this is a completely different game than it would be otherwise. Alexander is done.

I love that every story I see anywhere this week is about guys getting fined. The latest is Joey Porter's $20,000 fine. I don't even understand what he said wrong here:

“I’m looking for an apology or something on Tuesday or Wednesday on NFL Network,” Porter said, “but it will be too late by then. The game’s over. That point in time, I know for sure that I had both his arms when the ball came out. I mean, it wasn’t by accident. I don’t really understand why you wouldn’t review that play.””

The play he's talking about is the play at the end of the Dolphins- Texans game where Porter made Schaub fumble, but Hochuli ruled incomplete pass. It would have had to be a booth review and it would have ended up being Hochuli's Chargers-Denver ruling again. I love the NFL's let them keep making mistakes without penalty and don't let anyone ever say anything about it policy.

It started at the end of Tagliabue's reign, but Goodell has just taken things to the next level of ridiculousness with these fines and punishments.

Are the Cowboys a bunch of dumbasses trading for Roy Williams?

1b. Are the Cowboys completely fucked, with Romo out for a month, and a possibly rough stretch on their schedule

1) Not the trade itself, but for what they gave up yes. I think the detail the Cowboys organization doesn't want to let out of the bag is that Owens inability to get off the line against physical corners this early in the season is also part of the reason the trade happened. They think they can groom Roy Williams into the #1 WR and Owens will be cut after next year

1a) Yes. Well sort of. Pac Man was never more then an average CB to begin with. He is a dangerous punt returner but that isn't why the Cowboys signed him. I think it is kind of hilarious that when the the Titans released him, it was hailed as a smart decision, yet as soon as the Star Helmet goes on his head, people start gushing over Pac Man like he was anything more then average anyway.

1b) No, well NOW Romo might not be out at all. Of course he could fuck up his finger even more, doing so against a team that the Cowboys should beat with ME at QB. I understand Romo wanting to play, but if anything take at least ONE WEEK off, against the Rams.

Bertrand Berry (Should be better with a change of scenery from Arizona) is also a name to keep an eye on.

Berry is a good player but totally unreliable ,and he constantly gets a season-ending injury.

Dallas Cowboys @ St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers @ Buffalo Bills

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals

Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins

San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants

New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns @ Washington Redskins

Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

So now the Cowboys are getting fined $200K because of Pacman's suspension. I mean, what the fuck? These are grown men who have lives outside of football; teams shouldn't have to be fucking babysitters for them. If a player fucks up, it's on him, not the organization.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Bears defense is picking up right where they left off last week. Fags.