TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 7

I hope someone tells Mangini that you're still allowed to call a play action pass.

Fuck.

How the hell do you lose to the Raiders?

I don't know when it comes to the Ravens. The Raiders still has a bad O-line and the Ravens were crushing the 0-line of Miami today, so if the Ravens can still do that against the Raiders, the Raiders will probably screwed.

Guest Vitamin X

Jeez, Packers-Bears I this year is going to be amazing. Both teams are currently 4-3 and tied for first in the division, and the PA/PF totals are nearly identical. PF- Chicago 196, Green Bay 194, PA- Chicago 150, Green Bay 159. They even have the exact same divisional (2-0) and conference record (3-3) and have beaten and lost to their common opponents, with losses to Tampa Bay and Atlanta, and wins over Minnesota, Detroit, and Indianapolis. If that holds up until Week 11 when Packers-Bears I kicks off, that'll be a hell of a game.

Hell, you could even say Chicago finally made the right move with starting Orton and staying with him, too. He has twice as many TD's as he does interceptions, and is ranked 8th in the NFL in yards.

Skins avoid the loss, thankfully. At 14-3, after stopping Cleveland at the goaline on 4th down, Portis rips off a run that goes for about 25 yards, but ends in a fumble when the cornerback makes a good swat from behind......

If the Skins continue to play close games like this against "bad" teams, they better start protecting the ball better.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I saw the statline at one point that said that Wayne and Harrison had combined for something like 3 catches for 24 yards. The run defense may be crap, but if Green Bay gets ahead, they can definitely stay there- the pass defense is legitimately good and has tremendous depth.

Today showed that, yes, the Tennessee Titans have two running backs, and they like to run them, thank you. I know it was only against the Chiefs, but no team is supposed to give up 330 yards on the ground no matter how much thou art suck. Pretty weird but cool to see the Titans as the final unbeaten in the league.

EDIT: Oh man I just turn it over to the Bucs game for a brief moment and Ike Hilliard just GETS DESTROYED right in front of me. Good lord.

The memorable 2008 Bengals season continues as starting LB and 2008 1st Round pick Keith Rivers will most likely miss the rest of the season. He broke his jaw in the first quarter, actually Hines Ward broke his jaw.

Guest Vitamin X

First Anquan Boldin, now Ike Hilliard, I can't take this anymore the room is spinning...

The memorable 2008 Bengals season continues as starting LB and 2008 1st Round pick Keith Rivers will most likely miss the rest of the season. He broke his jaw in the first quarter, actually Hines Ward broke his jaw.

So that's what THE LEAGUE meant by Ward playing too tough, huh.

Musings:

* I am personally going to fly to Dallas to bitch-slap Chad Johnson. Only early pick I was wrong on.

* I'm delighted, but not very impressed, with the Raiders win.

More to come later, my head's still kind of spinning with the potential payout that abandoned me in St. Louis (though it was later underlined by the Packers' win).

My seat is in the south end zone, so I really did not get a good look at it, nor have I seen the replay.

The fact that Hines Ward wants to block as a WR is commendable. The problem I have with him is he frequently will level guys who do not have a direct angle on the ball carrier or will go after guys that are on the other side of the field of the ball.

Saw the replay, Rivers was on the ball, so I have no beef with that, however he did dip his helmet a little bit leading into the block. Should be interesting if the NFL will fine more.

Interestingly, Troy Polamalu, who said the NFL was becoming a "pansy game" left the game with 10 minutes left in the game when Cedric Benson ran him over.

Let's check out the predictions:

Dallas Cowboys @ St. Louis Rams: Wow, without Romo this looks iffy especially considering the Rams might have come to life. That said, I think the Cowboys somehow scratch out a win by 4. (I actually went up to STL for this game and it went about as good for the Rams as possible while the Cowboys with Johnson were in total meltdown mode. 0 for 1)

San Diego Chargers @ Buffalo Bills: Chargers look good one week, look like crap the next. This is a week to look like crap, with a trip to the east coast tossed in as well. Buffalo by 7. (Pretty much nailed this one. 1 for 2)

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers: Both teams are puzzling and both need a win here. When in doubt, go with the home team. Carolina by 3, but the Saints should get payback later in the season. (Wow, wasn't anywhere near close actually. 2 for 3)

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: I really don't buy the Vikings after nearly losing to the Lions. Bears are a good 3-3 if that makes any sense. Chicago by 8. (Wild, high scoring game. 3 for 4)

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals: It's the Bengals. No Palmer. Steelers coming off a bye week. Pittsburgh by 10. (Even a bigger beating than I figured. 4 for 5)

Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs: Part of me is thinking upset here since the Chiefs beat the Broncos recently, but I just can't see this somehow. Titans by 6. (Not remotely close at all. 5 for 6)

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins: The Ravens looked like a joke against Indy this past week, while I would think the Dolphins would be pissed over their last game. Miami by 10. (Why do I keep picking the Dolphins? 5 for 7)

San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants: Giants really laid an egg vs. Cleveland, so who knows how they will respond. Still, I can't see the Niners going to the east coast and winning here so I'll say NYG by 12. (Nailed this one exactly. 6 for 8)

4:00 games..

Detroit Lions @ Houston Texans: The Texans are pretty good for a 1 win team, while the Lions have to be deflated after that Minn game. Houston by 7. (Nailed this one exactly as well. 7 for 9)

New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders: Raiders may well be hopeless at this point, while Favre looks to be getting into a groove. Jets by 13. (Okay, this was just....bad. How could the Jets lose to the Raiders? 7 for 10)

Cleveland Browns @ Washington Redskins: This is the toughest game to call of the week. On one hand the Browns look to be shaping up. On the other, the Redskins can't lose 2 in a row at home to STL and Cleveland. I'll take the Redskins by 1. (Ended up being really tough for the Redskins. 8 for 11)

Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers: If Matt Ryan can win at Lambeau, then Manning will win at Lambeau. Colts by 10. (Ouch, Colts looked really bad out there today. 8 for 12)

Sunday Night Football: Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dare I say Tampa with Jeff Garcia might be the best team in the NFC? Bucs by 14. (Nice, sold win for Tampa tonight. 9 for 13)