TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Lance Cade gets future endeavor'd

The following is from WWE.com:

Lance Cade released

Written: October 14, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

Now, why did this happen? I'll tell you. Because they just lost interest in him, and were lazy with him when it came to the HBK/Jericho feud. He felt like a wildcard, randomly doing Jericho's bidding, maybe doing a run in, cutting a generic promo here and there... That wasn't the right role for him, and bad booking pretty much screwed him.

I know its not all his fault he wasn't booked well or given much of a chance to develop his character on screen, but he really did nothing that made him stand out. Anyone could have played his role in the HBK/Jericho feud.

I wonder if his botch up in the DX reunion tag match had anything to do with it?

Once the Jericho/HBK feud quietened down, there was nothing for him to do because he was never given any real role to play other than being a third wheel.

This doesn't surprise me at all. The past few months, I've thought that Lance Cade was a little distracting in the Jericho/Michaels feud, even at times forgeting he was with Jericho. So, the guy is boring, and well, he just didn't have a chance.

I wonder if his botch up in the DX reunion tag match had anything to do with it?

Which botch?

They did the spot, and it's one I really hate, where Shawn superkicks a guy who then staggers into the pedigree. Only Cade bumped for the superkick and then had to be reminded, loudly, by Hunter, to get back up to take the pedigree.

The timeline makes sense. The week after that, you had Shawn Michaels - who is supposed to be selling the effects of a ladder match - take Lance's finisher through a table but still beat the shit out of him with a chair and win the match and then he wasn't even mentioned last night.

Color me disappointed. I've always liked Cade since the feud with the Hardys last year. And apparently I'm in the minority, but I liked his role in the HBK-Jericho feud.

Which botch?

They did the spot, and it's one I really hate, where Shawn superkicks a guy who then staggers into the pedigree. Only Cade bumped for the superkick and then had to be reminded, loudly, by Hunter, to get back up to take the pedigree.

He made HHH mad? Welp, that explains this perfectly then.

It's a really stupid spot and it's another reason I'm tired of these constantly lame DX reunions. Ah well, Lance Cade is history so I guess that's the way it goes.

I bet HHH just saw the replay of him audibly and visually saying 'UP' and wanted to blame someone else.

They should have just let him take the Superkick and HHH could pose above him, rather than get him up and do the same planned spot.

One thing I can't stand is a botched spot that a wrestler will do anyway.

Randy Orton's RKO on Jericho while Jericho had the walls on somebody comes to mind.

This is a little surprising since he's supposed to be Michaels' boy. The problem Cade had is that he's just another boring, bland white dude with a solid physique. His work is just whatever, nothing great, nothing awful. After Shawn destroyed him on Raw last week I kinda knew he was toast on Raw at that point, but I suggested trading him for MVP and getting him away from Jericho and Michaels.

I bet HHH just saw the replay of him audibly and visually saying 'UP' and wanted to blame someone else.

They should have just let him take the Superkick and HHH could pose above him, rather than get him up and do the same planned spot.

One thing I can't stand is a botched spot that a wrestler will do anyway.

Randy Orton's RKO on Jericho while Jericho had the walls on somebody comes to mind.

That someone would be Big Dave.

rkNO.gif

Anyways, I figured Cade would eventually get a run with the IC belt, but probably not reach World Title level. He should be able to easily find work on the indies.

Funny just the other day, I was thinking how Trevor Murdoch must be pissed he got laid off, when his partner somehow ended up in the main event feud.

So much for that thought process.

And Paul London survives another day.

I am amazed that someone who offered as little as Cade did lasted as long as he did. I mean, yeah, Snitsky is a shitty wrestler, but he's at least big and moderately "intriguing" to look at, just because of his teeth and how out of control his bacne is getting. Cade showed nothing but the ability to be serviceable and amazingly generic. That said, a change of scenery would do him some good.

I liked Lance Cade. He's a big guy with some good power moves. I am sure they could have found SOME use for him. Just because this random bodyguard push with Jericho clearly wasn't working doesn't mean they just have to throw him under the bus. Snitzky got random pushes all the time and when those didn't work they just hit the restart button. They surely could have found SOMETHING for Cade to do.

I don't get it. At all.