TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

I'm goign to a TNA house show

My friend Chris and I got tickets today to the first ever TNA show in California. It's in Ontario on Halloween night. We got great seats- floor section 1 (FL1), row 3. Good news for us, but bad news for TNA as the tickets have been on sale for a month and this show is part of a series of events that make up the grand opening of the Citizens Business Bank Arena, a 12,000 seat venue. Being able to get 3rd row seats 17 days before the show does not bode well for the attendance numbers.

24900s.gif

I just looked, TNA is holdin a house show here next Sunday, and I can still get 3 seats, floor section b, row e.

The catch is: There 52 bucks a piece plus all the arena charges and stuff.

No wonder they can't sell nothing, there tickets are to damn expensive for a product that doesn't have a very lot of publicity.

No one has time to read those sidebars. If I read them I would probably be able to keep track of who people are in our once a week handle changing world.

I'll make the appropriate changes to my dossier files.

Also, I was just joking around.

I went to the TNA show in Monroe back in July. It was a lot of fun. The wrestlers worked harder than WWE guys do at house shows, and TNA falls all over themselves trying to please fans.

Going to the one in St. Charles tomorrow night...the last one here was very good. Wish we were getting Angle-Styles like Cape...our main is Angle-Christian(which was the main event we got at the house show earlier this year). Looks like a good card nonetheless...also going to an indy show tonight in O'Fallon, IL so it's a full weekend ahead.

Do the TNA wrestlers actually come out for pictures and autographs after the show, or are the only ones who do guys like Kurt Angle who charge $20 for Polaroids?

I'd enjoy meeting any TNA wrestler, but a picture with Velvet Sky would be my highlight of the night.

I think when I went it was mainly the faces that came out for photos/autographs. And Angle, who wanted $20.

I didn't pay too much attention though, cause I left when that shit was going on.

Well, I'd be disappointed if I didn't get to meet the love of my life, but I'm a mark so it's always cool to meet any wrestlers.

I take it they have no problem with people bringing in a digital camera, correct?

Okay, I was hoping that'd be the case. My camera can record about 35 seconds of video if there are no pictures saved, but that's it. I just want to take some photos during the show and of course afterward if I am fortunate enough to meet any wrestlers.

Okay, I was hoping that'd be the case. My camera can record about 35 seconds of video if there are no pictures saved, but that's it. I just want to take some photos during the show and of course afterward if I am fortunate enough to meet any wrestlers.

You should totally copy my sig, and try to get Velvet Sky to hold an "I'm Matt Youngin It" sign for the camera.

You should totally copy my sig, and try to get Velvet Sky to hold an "I'm Matt Youngin It" sign for the camera.

That's the best idea ever.

Tomster, what were the matches on the card? And more importantly, did any wrestlers come out to greet fans after the show?

EDIT: Never mind on the results. I just found yours on Wrestling News World.

Yes after the show besides the poloaroid with Angle, JB, Shark Boy, Petey Williams, ODB, Roxxi, and my friend said the Beautiful People were out there but I didn't see them, and there may have been some more that I'm forgetting, came out and signed autographs and took pictures with the fans.

T-minus 6 hours and 20 minutes until the TNA house show starts. I'm hoping for a good show, some good pictures, and to meet at least a wrestler or two. Especially Velvet Sky.

I think I'm going to go with fazzle's suggestion and bring piece of paper that says, "I'm Matt Youngin' It" for Velvet or another Knockout to hold up for a picture if I'm fortunate enough to meet any.

Today's Obvserver update says that Tanahashi will be working all 3 shows on this swing.

That's pretty awesome. Even if he's just serving as job guy in a meaningless first half match that doesn't get as much time as you'd hope...

That's still pretty awesome.

I'm just copying the quick write up I did for the Observer and Torch, and then adding my pictures in:

I just got back from the TNA house show in Ontario, California, a while ago. It was held at the new Citizens Business Bank Arena, which holds over 9,000 fans but unfortunately attracted only 1,500 or so tonight.

Those who went trick or treating missed out, however, as the TNA rosetr put on a great show. There were only 6 matches, and guys like Booker T and the Motor City Machine Guns weren't there, but every match was a good one. I had a great view from my 3rd row seats by the wrestlers' entry way.

The show started at 8 with a triple threat between Sonjay Dutt, Consequences Creed, and Hiroshi Tanahashi. It was a 10 minute back and forth affair with Tanahashi pinning Creed, I believe following a frog splash.

The second match was the extremely over LAX vs. Curry Man and Super Eric of the Prince Justice Brotherhood. No Shark Boy, no double DVD, but we didn't need them. LAX won after hitting the Doomsday Device.

In the only women's match of the night, Awesome Kong pinned Roxxi with the implant buster. Kong was gargantuan in person.

In the second best match of the night, California's own Samoa Joe pinned Christian with the muscle buster. Joe kicked out after an Unprettier and Christian escaped a Coquina Clutch before the finish.

*Intermission*

The previously announced Tag Team Title match took place following intermission. After trying to avoid putting up the titles, Team 3D (playing faces) talked them into it. 3D had the crowd eating out of their hands the entire time. One funny spot saw Jackie land face first in Storm's crotch and then Roode got behind her and simulated the act of riding her like a bull. Beer Money retained after Jackie pulled the ref out following a 3D and Storm interfered to give them the win.

The main event was Kurt Angle vs. A.J. Styles and was the match of the night. Both men countered and kicked out of each other's finishers and A.J. pulled out the win with a series of reversals finishing with a Styles Clash. A.J. gave me props after the match for my new "Phenomenous" t-shirt.

After the show, Angle cut a face promo thanking the crowd, saying "TNA might not have the most fans, but it has the best ones." While Angle posed for $20 photos in the ring, several wrestlers walked around ringside signing autographs and posing for pictures. Consequences Creed and both members of LAX were extremely cool. Curry Man was hilarious. My camera wouldn't work when attempting to get a pic with Roxxi, but she was very sweet nonetheless. Sonjay Dutt and Eric Young posed but seemed out of it. Samoa Joe skipped all us guys to only take photos with girls. I know for a fact that he ahd friends there, but he ignored a lot of people which lost him some fans.

All in all, it was a great show- one of the best I've been to. I hope the poor turnout doesn't dissuade TNA from coming out here again in the future.

Most of these picture are unfocused because I had a bunch of people around me shoving their way in to get their own, as I was doing. The one with the wrestlers and myself, I kind of had to lean back so Chris, who was inches away from me, could get us both in the frame. But fuck it... memories!

l_f63c1413de3d46e980feace69a00d3a2.jpg

The ring from up above.

l_3269e17c36d6428cb0d7cd27b3b969b2.jpg

From my seat.

l_5105166c2e43443eb4fd2f2c3617f23f.jpg

Sonjay Dutt

l_bb9ef6eeb1ce4c9a9e1def59a695eda9.jpg

Consequences Creed vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

l_4ee4740aea0141a19d98031a8796a51d.jpg

Curry Man!

l_23a8e5936ec248c188e313463c4c7d01.jpg

Prince Justice Brotherhood (Curry Man and Super Eric) vs. the Latin American Xchange

l_1460949c23dd49bbba124387c4edb253.jpg

Awesome Kong

l_7bc6a0d529704d0cabebc74ce9e1835d.jpg

Samoa Joe

l_bea107d8c73f42bbb2d552ab5b7fe845.jpg

"The Instant Classic" Christian Cage

l_ecfffbf1b9b44563a658a20ab021c084.jpg

"Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm

l_dabf4784ca6642b895984925d1ddb600.jpg

Kurt Angle before his main event match with A.J.

l_26e5d29305cc49edbf9b8ab1e46e85ec.jpg

A.J. motherfuckin' Styles!

l_c68f75de213446299674c9fcfb8444bc.jpg

Me with a stoned looking Sonjay Dutt.

l_7e7042627c3641f99a938ef87ec47c7d.jpg

Putting up my dukes with Consequences Creed

l_f84f027f628346e79802f438e465b51c.jpg

My favorite- me and Curry Man!

l_3da3dcbe213043beb703917920b09201.jpg

I think Hernandez was trying not to laugh at how white I am.

l_b6ec7067fb94434b9f25582779b97dcd.jpg

Homicide: "Yo, this fool is the whitest motherfucker I've ever seen!"

l_c60f6d68e89a4bfd891dc26290045e73.jpg

My new A.J. Styles "Phenomenous" shirt