TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Is it just me or...

I could do that, but I don't really go...anywhere else that I could actually do that.

Moreover, wrestling on top would have to get out if in fact I did.

I was hoping we could roll back the restrictions on new posters to make them feel a little more immediately welcome rather than shut out, as Cheech alluded to upthread, but I neglected to send a few registrations to Larvae because I'm a shitty administrator, and then when one of them was spam, Cheech was like "oh look, management is asleep at the controls again!", so that does no good either.

Yeah, fuck that Cheech guy. All he does is complain.

The board is always going to exist in some manner, just because those who come here care about it for one reason or another. I was gone for three or four months earlier this year and thought I had moved on. But here I am, posting like I never left. Eventually (now?) we'll come to a crossroads where we have to decide if we want to move forward and attempt to grow the board or let it fade into obscurity.

I have been a lurker/poster on the board since forever, but to this day I'm astounded how long TSM has lasted. Think about it, we outlasted WDI, SNKT, NMB, the Pit twice and other forgettable offshoots of this board. Look at the owenership changes: Scott Keith to Dames to Mole to the Maff Crew and really without really overhauling or changing the spirit of the board.

It's really a testament to the community at large to be still chugging along after almost seven years. To put it in perpective for me at least, This iteration of the board started when I was 16 and a junoir in high school and now I'm going on 23 and a year removed from college. Not to sound corny, but I felt I grew up with the board and my only regret is not interacting enough with you guys.

Lastly, I want to echo Czech's sentiments a bit. If this place dies (and I'm sure it will be sooner than later, all things come to an end), I'm sure all of us would move on and go on with our lives. But in a crazy way, I would miss it. Not cry over it or anything, but it would be weird if a place that I have been going to for 7+ plus years was just going away. Kinda would a little void, a piece of my formative years history. There has never been a time where I didn't log off, and had a good laugh, didn't learn something new, or just seek a differing opinion from mine. It was a good ride, and most importantly it was fun.

I'm resigned to the fact that this community is going to wither and die under the Maff clan's watch, though not because we've done a terrible job with upkeep, just that this place is going to turn seven years old at the end of January, and that's only counting the Invision iteration of the board that Scott Keith introduced toward the end of the original TheSmarks site.

I agree. With no real way of attracting new members, the regulars are going to flesh out and it'll be a less-than-occasionally updated wrestling board with little to offer in terms of anything else. It's kind of like Reagan and ending in the Cold War; he was just the person in power at the time to dutifully kick in the door on the whole rotten house. That aside, I've enjoyed my year plus here. Sucks that I missed out on a bunch of quintessential moments of TSMery, but I have no regrets. As Dan said to me one time, "TSM is unlike any other board." Everybody knows each other quite well, and, dare I say, we're friends.

this place is gay

Bang! Bang! Time's at the door, another big bang, activity level is down on the floor.

Oh No! What do we do?

Don't look now but TSM lost their crew.

I can't post and I can't click.

What's a matter TSM, are you feelin' sick?

What's a matter, what's a matter, what's a matter you?

What's a matter TSM, are you feelin' blue?

Oh-oh-oh!

You're all freaking out over nothing. The recent drop in activity doesn't = the demise of the board! How many posts have there been today?

This is the most active new thread we've had in a while. This place sure does love to talk about itself.

Its 2 pages long. !

Anyways, I feel like a geek since I read the board like 3 times a day, and have no real outside world adventures outside of drinking

This place has been less active since 2005. I was browsing the Movies & TV Folder the other day, and the lack of threads and posts made there over the past two or three years is astounding. I had an idea to put an ad out for this place on some other site, but really, I didn't share because I thought everyone would think it was a stupid fucking idea. But really, if we wanted to get this place going like 2003 or 2004 again, that'd be the way. We would attract some retards of course, but we'd get some good posters out of it, I think.

Go for it.

I'm poor, I can't. I can't even afford to go to a TNA show at the moment. Tickets are only 20 bucks too. I can't find a job, so I'm depressed.

Im planning on going to the Smackdown taping on December 16th in Baltimore so I might take a sign. Im also planning on going to Glenn Beck's Christmas tour in Philadelphia on December 15th but I doubt anyone here or there would want me to take a TSM sign.

Well, I like to think of a speech New Jack gave before a match at a small indy show when he brought in some little kids. He said that he's thankful for all the parents who went to shows when they were young with their own parents and are keeping the tradition up. It was such a heartfelt moment, but it got weird when New Jack decided to beat an 81 year old man with an aluminum baseball bat for not cooperating in the match.

What I'm trying to say is y'all niggas gotta start popping out some brats. That way you can manipulate and have someone grow under you... ever-evolving. Their minds... like some Play-Doh you can shape in any which way you choose.

That is our future... you can't escape it.

Well, I like to think of a speech New Jack gave before a match at a small indy show when he brought in some little kids. He said that he's thankful for all the parents who went to shows when they were young with their own parents and are keeping the tradition up. It was such a heartfelt moment, but it got weird when New Jack decided to beat an 81 year old man with an aluminum baseball bat for not cooperating in the match.

What I'm trying to say is y'all niggas gotta start popping out some brats. That way you can manipulate and have someone grow under you... ever-evolving. Their minds... like some Play-Doh you can shape in any which way you choose.

That is our future... you can't escape it.

If my kid starts posting here when he finds the internet I would both laugh and die a little on the inside.

I just wish the most commonly updated thread in the music folder all of the sudden wasn't the "Chinese Democracy" one. I have no problem with it, but come on, there's other things to talk about.

I just wish the most commonly updated thread in the music folder all of the sudden wasn't the "Chinese Democracy" one. I have no problem with it, but come on, there's other things to talk about.

Sweet fucking Christ yeah. I do not dislike nor do I give a flying fuck about Chinese Democracy in 2008. There are better things going on in the music world right now. And this is coming from the guy who purchased one new album last year.

I don't want more people who are only here for pro wrestling. They'll undoubtably act newbie-ish and not understand, uh... whatever we do oddly here that other folks just can't seem to grasp when they're new and I'll have to do something about it.

I did try to promote this board a couple of years ago on another forum. One person complained that he was banned from here for "having a liberal viewpoint", and some one else was like " what do you expect from a wrestling board?" So obviously I didn't do that great a job.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Brody is the best ambassador we could possibly have.

Sub-Thread- Assignment: Brody.

Bruiser, this is your assignment. Get sloppy drunk, write forums.thesmartmarks.com on your chest with a sharpie (or write that, then get drunk) take a bunch of pictures of yourself in your underwear, and post them all the fuck over the internet.