TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown - October 17, 2008

I'm really getting sick of them using the "WWE Universe" phrase over and over again.

Well, they stopped calling their people wrestlers and started to call them Superstars.

So now, they've also decided to stop calling their viewers fans and call them the WWE Universe.

I'll wait until Kizarny is in the ring to hate on him.

He could be the worst promo person in the world, but if he can wrestle at least and not botch a lot or at least make his in-ring stuff entertaining, then that's good enough.

<JR>There's only been one Undertaker

<Me>Except at Summerslam 1994...

Holy shit! Please tell me it hasn't been that long since Brian Lee was the Underfaker!

Ugh!

*feels old as hell now*

I don't mean it in a wrestler sense. He's not bad in the ring from what I remember in TNA.

But Holy Hell, his promos are awful.

Not a whole lot really. Kozlov beat Jeff in an attempt to influence voters (which of course won't work in a million years). Maria gets a shot at McCool now, though I'm not sure what the point is. Khali looks to be veering towards a face turn, which is needed. MVP continues his jobbing ways by losing to Truth.

SD often times isn't a bad show exactly but it's mostly unexciting.

I find that SD! is much more interesting when the creative team isn't paying much attention to it, and, instead, opts to just send the guys out there to work matches. That hasn't been happening much since the Heir to the Throne was drafted to go over there.

So does the HHH-Taker death grip on Smackdown begin next week? I guess we are going to see a 5 month build up to Wrestlemania eh?

First time I've caught a SmackDown in about six weeks. Dosn't look like I'm missing much. And Kizarny does look a lot like Pirate Burchill. Maria's boobs where espcailly nice looking tonight. I hope Festus continues to court her.

So does the HHH-Taker death grip on Smackdown begin next week? I guess we are going to see a 5 month build up to Wrestlemania eh?

Triple H. vs. The Undertaker. Is. Not. Happening. At. Wrestlemania.

I read somewhere the writers wanted a heel turn for Festus and Jesse. Maybe they'll turn Maria heel too, and have a Festus/Maria pairing. Maybe they'll get smart enough and use the bell tactic as a heel tool, instead of using it as a face.

One thing I've been wanting to see them do with Festus is have the bell thing not be able to "turn him off".

Here's another idea. Maria has been IMO, very uninteresting (but still nice to look at nonetheless) since they had her drop the dumb gimmick last year. They could work in a heel turn with this Maria/Festus thing where Maria starts using him and the bell ringing to her advantage. Kind of try to get him away from Jesse. Eh, it's something.

They dropped the dumb gimmick because they have no interest in her anymore now that she posed nekkid.

I've always thought they should do a gimmick during a match where the heel gives him the ol' double ear smack, which would cause "ringing in his ears"...

Just throwing crap out there, but maybe they could recondition Festus so that he becomes a sauve ladies man (a la the original Nutty Professor) when he's not a wrestling machine. This could lead to "hilarious" situations. Say Festus takes Maria to a fancy resturant and hears the chef ring the bell to let the waiter know that the foods up. Festus could take out the waiting staff and choke slam someone through a dinner table.

Just throwing crap out there, but maybe they could recondition Festus so that he becomes a sauve ladies man (a la the original Nutty Professor) when he's not a wrestling machine. This could lead to "hilarious" situations. Say Festus takes Maria to a fancy resturant and hears the chef ring the bell to let the waiter know that the foods up. Festus could take out the waiting staff and choke slam someone through a dinner table.

The correct phrase is, "Hilarity ensues".

While there's a bunch of different directions where Festus could go that would be logical, I get the feeling that both he and Jesse are just one of those teams that will slowly stop appearing on TV and then will be released during one of the roster cleanups.

Oh, and the Kizarny gimmick looks so dumb that I can't wait to see him debut.