TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jacques

Recommend me a PC online multiplayer

I am pretty new in online multiplayer thing but I love it to death. Currently I have COD 4, COD2,CSS and all the Orange Box games. I am looking to buy a few more but can't decide which games to buy. I prefer FPS games but like other genres too except MMORPGS. So recommend me a bunch of good online multiplayers guys. Keep in mind that I don't really care about the singleplayer aspect of the game.

Guest Vitamin X

I guess World of Warcraft is the thing to get into, but I was actually contemplating starting a thread the other day over an MMO I've been playing recently which isn't too involved, so it's just a really cool time-waster. It's called Fiesta, made by some company called Outspark.

http://www.outspark.com/fiesta

Look for me on the Tiva server under the name LumpyGravy (Zappa reference!).

I am more into FPS games, followed by Sports and then RTS. The problem with Sports games is that I usually get a ping of 200 minimum and I don't think I can compete with a ping like that in a sports game.

You could probably get some Unreal Tournament games pretty cheap. I don't honestly know which one is best, or has the most active online community. Though I think UT3 was kind of shunned for some reason. 2004 might be better. It's pretty much mindless run-and-gun, as far as I know. As opposed to tactical, which I imagine Counterstrike would be.

For RTSes, maybe World in Conflict, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes. Again, I'm not really familiar with the community, or balance issues, or anything like that. There's also Red Alert 3 coming out soon.

Fiesta, you say?

FPSes, I always recommend Enemy Territory. Alternatively, there are at least 5 new mods available on Steam if you've got the Source engine installed; I've only played 2 of them but they weren't bad (the medieval one was really dark, but that could just be my shitty monitor).