TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

World Series Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many players on the Rays can Joe Buck & Tim McCarver name?

• 5+
    • "John Madden manages the Rays?"

Yeah, as weird/bad as suspending the game after half an inning was, it would be even worse to say "Sorry, just kidding, that didn't count."

Although it would be funny if they did do that, then the Rays came out and put up 8 or so in the "real" top of the sixth.

I'd rather take the half inning with the run scoring rather than risk needing four innings from the bullpen. I wonder, would it be worthwhile strategy to put Brett Myers on the mound?

I'm ticked off. Not at the executives, who really have no control over this. It's just the elements. There is nothing you can do about the rain and that really stinks.

Can we use this as an opportunity to bitch about MLB extending the season into late October/early November? There's no reason that they should be playing games this late into the year.

Go back to the 154-game schedule and ax the divisional round. That would go a long way in fixing these problems.

Can we use this as an opportunity to bitch about MLB extending the season into late October/early November? There's no reason that they should be playing games this late into the year.

Go back to the 154-game schedule and ax the divisional round. That would go a long way in fixing these problems.

Baseball only went into November once, and that was because a week was lost due to 9/11.

I'd rather take the half inning with the run scoring rather than risk needing four innings from the bullpen. I wonder, would it be worthwhile strategy to put Brett Myers on the mound?

I'm ticked off. Not at the executives, who really have no control over this. It's just the elements. There is nothing you can do about the rain and that really stinks.

You know there would be some sports columnist saying they should follow football and have a neutral area to play the World Series, so stuff like this doesn't happen.

And it has to be played in a dome too!

Of course. By call the game, I mean suspend it. There is no way Philly should have had to go out there in the 6th inning and Tampa Bay not have to go out there to finish the 6th inning. The game should be restarted in the top of the 6th. Rollins doesn't drop that ball.

Rollins probably doesn't make the play at first with Upton running even if Rollins fields the ball cleanly, so using that play to say the Phillies were screwed is pushing it.

Baseball only went into November once, and that was because a week was lost due to 9/11.

Because of the World Baseball Classic, I believe baseball will be going into November in 2009

Because of the World Baseball Classic, I believe baseball will be going into November in 2009

It's not the World Baseball Classic. The problem is simply that the first Monday of April falls on the 6th.

Might this be a good thing for the World Series as a whole? When the game resumes it'll be three and a half innings of a tie game. We know it's close heading into the late innings, and it's a game of great importance. A game with an expected run time of 90 minutes might draw casual interest.

It's not the World Baseball Classic. The problem is simply that the first Monday of April falls on the 6th.

That's still a stupid reason. What did they do in 1998?

I work & live in the Philly suburbs, and right now it is snowing (wet snow, but still snow) at work. No idea what it is doing at my apartment, but I imagine it is doing the same, and my apt. is about 30-45 minutes away from Citizen's Bank Park.

On a side note, who's going to claim their free taco (plus $5 of other colon clearing goodness) later today?

I'd love to if it weren't for the winter storm warning all day today. And the minor factor that there's a mexican restaurant down the street that has 1/2 off fajitas every Tuesday.

On a side note, who's going to claim their free taco (plus $5 of other colon clearing goodness) later today?

I will. Normally, the hours for promotions like this are very inconvenient, but it works out pretty nicely with my schedule today.

And selfishly, I'm glad the game was delayed again, because I probably wouldn't have been able to see it tonight. I'm already missing the first NBA game of the season.

Guest Smues
Yup, it's official

Now begin the "They didn't want to pre-empt House" conspiracy theories!

Cuddy's adopting a possible stillborn baby... you can't put a hold on shit like that

This is good, as I won't have to hear about them cancelling House from my wife. And really, since they said DON'T MISS THIS EPISODE they really couldn't cancel it for silly old baseball. MISS THIS GAME, NOT THIS EPISODE.

You know there would be some sports columnist saying they should follow football and have a neutral area to play the World Series, so stuff like this doesn't happen.

billplaschke.jpg

Only took like a minute on Around the Horn for that declaration.

Guest Smues

billplaschke.jpg

Only took like a minute on Around the Horn for that declaration.

No shock there. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Plaschke? No? Well I do.