TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - October 20, 2008

WCW Mayhem was awesome.

"EA's first attempt at a WCW game is no short of a success."

GameFAQ were certainly wide of the mark with this review.

Edit:

More goodness from that review:

Some of these are Sergeant Buddy Lee Parker, Eric Bischoph, and Mean Jean Okerland. Overall, the roster for WCW Mayhem is very complete and well done.

The "Did you know?" is becoming the only thing I look forward too each week. Hopefully this RAW will lift itself above the rampant suck it has been the weeks leading UP to this throw away PPV.

Has the "Burchill" been dropped from Katie Lea's name? Chyron, Lillian, and Cole all just called her "Katie Lea"

They like to have Divas have one name often...like how they dropped Neidhart from Natalya.

While she has improved by leaps and bounds, does it bother anyone else that the backflip spot has to be worked into every single match of hers? I know it's a signature spot of hers, but I find it hard to suspend disbelief enough to think that no other diva has picked up on "hey, if I catch her foot and pull it upwards, she is liable to backflip them clothesline me".

Was she ever known as Natalya Neidhart on WWE TV though?

The dropping of the Burchill makes me think Paul is next to be released.

I know they mention that she is a second-generation superstar/Diva, but I don't know if they have outright said she is the daughter of Jim Neidhart.

Was she ever known as Natalya Neidhart on WWE TV though?

The dropping of the Burchill makes me think Paul is next to be released.

I've heard them mention Natalya's last name within the past 4 weeks or so.

Does it look to anyone else like Chris Jericho is carrying around a shiny new World Championship? The strap and plates all look a lot shinier than usual.

Maybe they just polished them.

Gauntlet match?

Brings back good memories of when WCW used to have a guy "run the gauntlet" on the weekend shows. They'd start on the Power Hour, go to World Championship Wrestling, and then try to finish up on the Main Event. I always thought it was a good way to build up intrigue and make the shows seem a little important.

So three men are going to have to face Jericho and Batista in the same night? That sounds fair to them..

EDIT: WWE.com makes it sound like the gauntlet is just one match..I don't get it.

Punk/Kofi vs Miz/Morrison should be fun.

The Gillette Fusion commercial reminds me.

That idea that some of you here had with Vince having amnesia and thinking it was pre-Montreal again, thus becoming a play-by-play announcer?

A friend of mine thinks that the thing where the sign fell on him would be the perfect set-up for that.