TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - October 20, 2008

Not to be redundant, but I rarely post in the RAW threads anymore...having said that, last night's show was pretty bad. Adamle is just awful and awkward in his role. Also, as I'm sure others have noted, the forced laughter from Cole and Lawler is getting really old. Couple those elements with an uninteresting and predictable main event (yeah, they tried something new, but it was stupid and pointless), and it was a pretty huge waste of time for all involved.

Not to be redundant, but I rarely post in the RAW threads anymore...having said that, last night's show was pretty bad. Adamle is just awful and awkward in his role. Also, as I'm sure others have noted, the forced laughter from Cole and Lawler is getting really old. Couple those elements with an uninteresting and predictable main event (yeah, they tried something new, but it was stupid and pointless), and it was a pretty huge waste of time for all involved.

Every Adamle Original always sucks. It's like the creative team just comes up with whatever "new concept" match comes to their mind and books it.

Not to mention all the random matches Adamle makes on the show (For example, not too long ago, why would Jericho and Kane have a match even though they're not feuding and they're both heels?).

Don't say "spilled coffee" either.

Miz and Morrison's promo was awesome! LMAO!

I'm getting sick of this Cena ego-stroke thing. The fans aren't exactly gonna forget about him, so why do we have to have this "Cena's so great" exercise every week? It sucks.

I'm get sick of this Cena ego-stroke thing. The fans aren't exactly gonna forget about him, so why do we have to have this "Cena's so great" exercise every week? It sucks.

It's WWE's way of saying that they're having a hard time getting male adults pop for him because he's been stale.

Every Adamle Original always sucks. It's like the creative team just comes up with whatever "new concept" match comes to their mind and books it.

Not to mention all the random matches Adamle makes on the show (For example, not too long ago, why would Jericho and Kane have a match even though they're not feuding and they're both heels?).

Don't say "spilled coffee" either.

Kane has basically fallen back into the trap of being used as the GM's "enforcer".

Remember how Bischoff every week would go "Tonight you're going to face...KANE!"? It's basically the same thing now, which sucks.

Kane has basically fallen back into the trap of being used as the GM's "enforcer".

Remember how Bischoff every week would go "Tonight you're going to face...KANE!"? It's basically the same thing now, which sucks.

Except Adamle didn't say anything about punishing Jericho for pissing him off like Bischoff would to anyone.

Except Adamle didn't say anything about punishing Jericho for pissing him off like Bischoff would to anyone.

True, but the theme has been that Adamle doesn't respect Jericho, so it fits into the same mold.

I really can't STAND Batista laughing at everyone. He takes nothing seriously and it pisses me off. I'd love for it to be an angle where he loses clean to Jericho and then has to take time and re-focus and realize that he underestimates his opponents and realizes he can't be beaten if he focuses and takes things seriously.

Instead, we will have a couple of run ins and a rollup with hands on the ropes finish or something.

I don't know how much longer this crap can continue.

I hate the whole month leading up to Cyber Sunday every year! What a waste!

I've noticed this with Batista before as well. When he was facing Edge, he'd constantly belittle Edge just by laughing when Edge would threaten him. Something that always stuck in my mind for some reason.

It's not as if he just laughs at them and that's it though. He laughs at them, to show he's a cool guy and stuff I suppose, then gets serious a few seconds later. When he laughed at Jericho, he followed it up by admitting that if he lost Jericho would earn respect. He didn't just laugh and leave it at that.

He's a big powerhouse who laughs it up once in a while when a heel threatens to kick his ass. And guess what? He's over. If he were just some super-serious bigman, would people react in the same way?

It's not as if he just laughs at them and that's it though. He laughs at them, to show he's a cool guy and stuff I suppose, then gets serious a few seconds later. When he laughed at Jericho, he followed it up by admitting that if he lost Jericho would earn respect. He didn't just laugh and leave it at that.

He's a big powerhouse who laughs it up once in a while when a heel threatens to kick his ass. And guess what? He's over. If he were just some super-serious bigman, would people react in the same way?

Maybe we didn't watch the same segment. He laughed so much he couldn't get out the phrase "if you beat me" without stuttering and laughing all the way through it. I get where you were going, but this segment did not have any shred of respect towards Jericho.

I can't see how Jericho will win this match even in a screwy pinfall type way. I see either Austin or Michaels screwing Jericho over and the next night Adamle will be forced to overturn the decision.

As far as Batista goes, you know what really needs to happen? He needs to get beat down by a group of heels. Just something to show us that this guy isn't infallible, that he can be taken down. It seems like no one ever gets any heat on the guy.

As far as Batista goes, you know what really needs to happen? He needs to get beat down by a group of heels. Just something to show us that this guy isn't infallible, that he can be taken down. It seems like no one ever gets any heat on the guy.

Yeah, it's always "Ha ha", Spinebuster/Batista Bomb, and then he walks off.

Batista really has no reason to "respect" Jericho.

That's actually got me thinking, that I'm not so much pissed at Batista's laughing, it's the booking of Jericho to actually live right up to Batista's thinking of him as a joke. He beats HBK decisively the 1st time and wins in a ladder match, then just gets laughed at by a confident Batista (he should be), but instead of making people believe this could be a competitive encounter with a 3 time champ and veteran of 15 years as the defending champion, he gets booked like a douche and loses twice in the go home show for a PPV while Batista continues laughing. It just gets under my skin.

I was thinking that Batista feels the way Jericho robbed him of the title was a bit of a joke. So like he said, "He'll respect Jericho after Jericho beats him". I don't think Jericho has been booked inadequately, I think Batista is just being Batista. He treated Punk the same way he's treating Jericho. He felt Punk won the title because of the ass beating he gave Edge beforehand. Now he feels Jericho won the title in a fluke, that too was because of the beating he gave the guys in the match, Jericho basically came in and stole the title the last 3 seconds in the match, after Batista had laid everybody else in the scramble out. The difference between Punk and Chris, is Punk did come out and offered Batista the 1st shot; whereas Jericho has been basically trying to avoid him, which makes sense considering Jericho is a heel.

What's the big deal with Batista laughing? Can't someone play the character whose just freaking huge and doesn't really get too involved in all the drama that a character like Jericho is designed to perpetuate? Clearly, Batista would know that he could kill everyone based on his size, so why freak out? Laugh your way through a joke of a double gauntlet match, laugh you way through what will probably be a disappointing Cyber Sunday. Is it really any different than Undertaker talking slow or Umaga babbling on all the time. It's refreshing to see a big guy who isn't stuck playing the whole "Animal" gimmick.