TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 8

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
At a minimum, Suggs wants to see packages for both quarterbacks.

Yeah, and after that, he wants to see groups of plays.

Tony Romo out until mid-November.

Thank fuck. Really takes the sting out of that Week 3 loss now, especially if Green Bay can get and stay ahead of the Cowboys' record. Seriously, what a wuss. Tony Romo breaks his pinkie, he's out for a month. Aaron Rodgers sprains his throwing shoulder and he plays right through it for three games straight. And people were questioning the latter's toughness and durability!

Aaron Rodgers > Tony Romo. Hey, they have the same amount of playoff wins right now.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tony_...e_to_four_weeks

Tony Womo Out Three To Four Weeks With Bwoken Widdle Fingey

DAWWAS—Cowboys medical personnel confirm that quawterback Tony Womo injured his thwowing hand in last week's 30-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and is expected to miss the next month after suffewing a sevewy bwoken wight pinkie-winkie.

Team doctors originally believed Womo's poor, poor bwoken fingey was merewy spwained, despite the quarterback insisting that his pinkie felt really, really, really ouchie after being hit by wots and wots of big mean mans during the first play of overtime.

The Cowboys are denying rumors that Womo will require weconstwuctive pinkie surgewy, insisting that it is only a bad owie and that Womo will not be placed on injuwed weserve.

"Tony has been very, very bwave through all this and barely cried at all when he heard his widdle fingey was in fact bwoken," coach Wade Phillips said Monday, explaining that Womo was "westing comfiwy" and watching cartoons at home and had thus far managed to keep his pinkie out of his mouth. "I'd say he's week to week, but it's up to the team medics to say when he's completely all-better-now."

Womo was immediately given an orange-flavored St. Joseph aspirin and a wowwypop while a SpongeBob SquarePants Band-Aid was applied to the pinkie. When this proved inadequate, Cowboys head pediatrician Daniel "Doctor Danny" Cooper inspected Womo's pinkie while trainers distracted Womo by making a spoon into an airplane and "flying" chocolate ice cream into the quarterback's mouth.

"This was more than just the normal boo-boo," Cooper told reporters. "Tony has played through boo-boos before, like any team weader and big gwown-up boy has to. But when I saw the quivering chin, the big wet eyes, and the way he was hopping from foot to foot while holding up his widdle bitty widdy fingey, I knew this one was bad."...

1. What kind of changes can we expect from Samurai Mike taking over as the head coach in San Francisco?

Maybe an extra win, this team is in one of the easiest divisions and yet finds ways to fuck up an cruise to the playoffs.

2. If Indy loses on Monday, are they in deep shit? Are they in deep shit already?

Indy is already in deep shit because the Titians just are not losing. The Jags look like they might wake up and take their wildcard spot. Indy is in a major uphill battle just to get a 1 and done in the playoffs.

3. If Dallas loses this week, are they in deep shit? Are they in deep shit already?

Dallas was in deep shit 3 weeks ago when SS Williams and CB Newman went down with injuries. They have like no secondary, the o line looks like shit, Romo is hurt, the running game gets abandon too soon, they are fucked. But they could pull 3 miracles out of their asses and make a run for the playoffs.

4. Will British people (in general) ever give a fuck about the NFL? Can you defend the NFL wanting to play these games overseas?

There are like 2 countries that give a shit about American football, and both are next to each other. Instead of playing in England, why not play in LA where people MIGHT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FUCKING GAME! Last year it was the ugliest game I ever saw. Because of the rain, I hope this year its clear skies to make it somewhat worthwhile.

5. What does St. Louis have to do to maintain momentum and keep winning games? What does New England have to do to knock the Rams back down a peg?

Rams key to a win is to not make any stupid errors. NE: play Coach Cheater's style of exploiting all weaknesses. Rams could pull another rabbit out of their hat and win 3 in a row.

A few weeks back I said in an NFL thread that the Jaguars would be the team most likely to make a nice little run in the next month or so. It's not that they are amazingly good, but consider this schedule from now until the end of November:

Cleveland (2-4)

at Cincy (0-7)

at Detroit (0-6)

Tennessee (6-0)

Minnesota (3-4)

I'd say Jacksonville has a real shot at winning 4 of 5 there. Maybe a 2nd loss to the Titans, or maybe some bizarre slip against a bad team. They should head into December at 7-4. However, December could be more of a problem as they travel to Houston (always a tough one), to Chicago (I'd say that one is a loss), get the Colts again who will want payback, Packers, and finish at Baltimore. In other words Jacksonville seems like the definition of a 10-6 wild card team.

No shit. Word has it that he's been in for a second ACL replacement surgery b/c the first cadaver ACL was haunted. It's a potentially bad situation for the guy b/c having to restart the recuperation process would mean missing whatever major NFL offseason milestone. I hated Tom Brady last season as much as I've ever hated any pro athlete, but I certainly never wanted his career to come to an end like this. Here's to hoping that science comes up with some sort of undetectable steroid that they can shoot into him so he can play again.

No shit. Word has it that he's been in for a second ACL replacement surgery b/c the first cadaver ACL was haunted. It's a potentially bad situation for the guy b/c having to restart the recuperation process would mean missing whatever major NFL offseason milestone. I hated Tom Brady last season as much as I've ever hated any pro athlete, but I certainly never wanted his career to come to an end like this. Here's to hoping that science comes up with some sort of undetectable chemical that they can shoot into him so he can play.

What?

Guest Vitamin X

You can tell it's getting close to Halloween!

I hated Tom Brady last season as much as I've ever hated any pro athlete, but I certainly never wanted his career to come to an end like this.

I would. Fuck that guy.

He got a cadaver ACL, meaning that it was taken from a dead person who donated his or her body to science. It turned out, however, that the ACL was haunted, which is a fairly common problem with this sort of procedure.

He got a cadaver ACL, meaning that it was taken from a dead person who donated his or her body to science. It turned out, however, that the ACL was haunted, which is a fairly common problem with this sort of procedure.

I would like to point out that this is in fact awesome.

Tampa Bay at Dallas

Washington at Detroit

Buffalo at Miami

St. Louis at New England

San Diego at New Orleans @ Wembley Stadium

Kansas City at NY Jets

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Oakland at Baltimore

Arizona at Carolina

Cleveland at Jacksonville

Cincinnati at Houston

NY Giants at Pittsburgh

Seattle at San Francisco

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Between this and the Tony Womo article, this is already my favorite NFL thread of the year. And we haven't even had games yet!

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
The whole conversation about haunted ACLs was, uh...what's the word I'm looking for? Innate?

A wind farm converted the whoosh of that whole bit into enough energy to power a small prairie town for a few days, so thanks for that, I guess.

Now they're saying Peyton had a second knee operation due to a staph infection. WTF is going on here?

Doctors are taking a green approach by not using any water or chemicals that could hurt the environment to clean off surgery tools. Everyone has to do their part to save the environment!

Now they're saying Peyton had a second knee operation due to a staph infection. WTF is going on here?

Uh...you're about two weeks behind on that news. They mentioned it during the Colts/Ravens game 2 weeks ago.

Uh...there's a NEW report about the supposed staph infection. Christ.