TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 8

Now they're saying Peyton had a second knee operation due to a staph infection. WTF is going on here?

Doctors are taking a green approach by not using any water or chemicals that could hurt the environment to clean off surgery tools. Everyone has to do their part to save the environment!

dr.nick_pic1.jpg

But I cleaned them with my napkin!

I'm looking at Tennessee's schedule here, and I'm thinking that we have no idea how good this team is yet. The best team they've played so far is Jacksonville and that was at home. Their toughest road game has been @Baltimore, which is a kinda okayish team starting a rookie QB. This week begins a real prove-it stretch for these guys. They host Indy and then Green Bay, then play @Chicago and Jacksonville. I'd be stunned if they win all four of those games. I'd say they come back to Earth a little and go 2-2. I know their defense is awesome and they've got two capable runners, but I'm having a little trouble being sold on a team with no receivers and with Kerry Collins at QB.

Yeah I think the Titans can get past the Colts and Packers at home, but if they just salvage a split in those Chicago and Jacksonville road games they'll be doing good.

Looks like Carson Palmer's done for the year. It wasn't that long ago that he was arguably the 3rd best QB behind Brady and Manning and had the Bengals in the playoffs. Since Kimo von Oelhoffen took him out though, he's seen numerous teammates show up on the police blotter, Chad Johnson go off the deep end, Marvin Lewis become essentially a lame-duck coach, and the Bengals go back to sucking. Plus Palmer's play was steadily going down before this latest injury. This guy can't catch a break.

Fun Fact: Matt Cassel has started more games this season than Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart combined.

The Bengals are just going to have to rebuild that thing from the ground up. I think Palmer (when healthy and without the world of distractions you get with that current group of guys) is certainly a guy you can build around, but the FO hasn't shown any sort of aptitude for that sort of thing. It's probably going to get even worse before it gets any better for the Bengals.

And now Mikey Brown has his out on why this team that will go 1-15 (Palmer's injury) and will not fire Marvin Lewis.

What a PR nightmare for Goodell. Do you think he demands the Saints players are inactive for this game?

Let me see if I understand this Haslett thing...

He's already on their coaching staff...he's serving as interim coach...

And the Rams can't make him the full time coach unless they interview a black candidate?

Seriously...that's the rule?

A guy can't CONTINUE to do the job he is already doing after this year unless they throw a token interview at a minority guy for a job that is ALREADY filled?

How does that do anything good for:

A: The minority candidate who can't get the job.

B: The Rams who want to rewards Haslett if he turns this team miraculously into a 6 win team.

C: Haslett who's now in the position of having to compete for the job he's already doing...even though his bosses want him to stay.

D: The NFL who just looks stupid as usual.

What black candidate even shows up for this interview? It's insulting.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I have to check the coverage maps to see which games I'll get today. The Bears are off this week, the Packers are off this week, the Vikings are off this week, and the Lions are off every week. Even worse, the Lions are blacked out in most of Michigan. A northless weekend. Upon looking, I have Chiefs and Favre on CBS, Bucs and Cowboys/Giants and Steelers. There's nothing there that interests me, except for Dick Stockton getting everybody's name wrong in the late game.

No Steven Jackson today for the Rams, so there's one game to move from "Mildly Interesting" to "Totally Uncompetitive."

Joey Galloway is active for Tampa for the first time in about a month. Inactive is horrible rookie kick returner Dexter "Slip'n Slide" Jackson, thank god.

Let me see if I understand this Haslett thing...

He's already on their coaching staff...he's serving as interim coach...

And the Rams can't make him the full time coach unless they interview a black candidate?

Seriously...that's the rule?

A guy can't CONTINUE to do the job he is already doing after this year unless they throw a token interview at a minority guy for a job that is ALREADY filled?

How does that do anything good for:

A: The minority candidate who can't get the job.

B: The Rams who want to rewards Haslett if he turns this team miraculously into a 6 win team.

C: Haslett who's now in the position of having to compete for the job he's already doing...even though his bosses want him to stay.

D: The NFL who just looks stupid as usual.

What black candidate even shows up for this interview? It's insulting.

The best part is the 49ers can just promote Mike Singletary to be the Head Coach and because he's black they don't have to interview anyone else. They should have to interview a Japanese guy or something.

The best part is the 49ers can just promote Mike Singletary to be the Head Coach and because he's black they don't have to interview anyone else. They should have to interview a Japanese guy or something.

"Paging Norm Chow..."

Which actually makes me think, other than Chow and Dat Nguyen, have there been any other Asians in the NFL this decade, in any capacity?

PAT, KEVIN WILLIAMS HAD POSITIVE DIURETICS RESULTS, TOO

Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2008, 12:22 p.m. EDT

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the list of players who tested positive for a banned diuretic include both of the Vikings’ starting defensive tackles, Pat and Kevin Williams.

If the suspensions ultimately are upheld, the Vikings would be without the services of both players for four games. And that would decimate the Vikings’ run defense.

Glazer also reports that Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson is one of the names on the list.

The release of these names further highlights concerns that league sources are leaking confidential information regarding appeals that have not been finalized. Attorney David Cornwell, who reportedly will be representing some of the affected players, has recently made an aggressive call for measures aimed at ensuring that reporters don’t disclose this confidential information without also disclosing the source.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/26/...cs-results-too/

This would basically end any hopes for the Vikings.

I'm loving the London crowd. They are reacting to everything. Brees completes a pass YAY, LT makes a big run YAY, yellow flag for either team BOO.