TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Cyber Sunday - October 26 2008

OK, how did he not get buried. He's a cowardly heel who won the title by sneaking a win. He didn't beat anyone decisively except Punk in the cage and Michaels in the ladder match. Even those matches could be seen as flukes. Then in the buildup to this show, Batista said that Jericho had no chance of beating him. Jericho lost. So Batista effectively beat no one important. I understand that Jericho's character is a frickin' awesome cowardly heel, but they pulled the plug on his run way too soon, or at least did not give him a well-built up send off.

Fuck Batista.

Huh? He's not the one who booked the finish.

Yes, he did complain recently, but guess what? Every wrestler gets burnt out and frustrated, and you can't blame him for that.

OK, how did he not get buried. He's a cowardly heel who won the title by sneaking a win. He didn't beat anyone decisively except Punk in the cage and Michaels in the ladder match. Even those matches could be seen as flukes. Then in the buildup to this show, Batista said that Jericho had no chance of beating him. Jericho lost. So Batista effectively beat no one important. I understand that Jericho's character is a frickin' awesome cowardly heel, but they pulled the plug on his run way too soon, or at least did not give him a well-built up send off.

That's not burying. At all.

Fine, but my point is, Batista treated him like nothing before the match and still beat him. Which is the opposite how people get over.

Cena/Batista II at mania is going to be awesome.

I really hope that Batista turns heel in the next few months and that is indeed the Wrestlemania main event. I don't even like Cena or Batista, but I know an awesome match when I see one.

Fuck Batista.

Yes, he did complain recently, but guess what? Every wrestler gets burnt out and frustrated, and you can't blame him for that.

What is your deal Bob?

Compared to Jeff Hardy, who came out good in his loss to HHH, Jericho, to me, did get buried it felt like. Just have some feeling he's just going to fade off of the title picture now much like Punk did when he stopped as champ. Quite frankly, it's bullshit if thats what happens. He should really win the title back relatively fast, and really do the job out to a guy who really NEEDS the title. Batista and Cena aren't these guys. And frankly, Batista/Cena doesn't need a title attached to it, whenever that goes down again. My guess is they won't waste time and just do Batista/Cena for the title at Survivor Series.

Wasn't really impressed with much at all of that main event, all the run-ins at the end was convuluted as hell. Austin's appearance meant nothing, really. I thought Hardy/HHH, Show/Taker, and Bourne/Hardy, though, were all really solid matches.

We get it. People hate Batista. It's not like he's Hogan or Nash, demanding the title. God forbid Jericho loses the title, TO BATISTA.

Demanding to have more when you are the most protected entertainer on RAW = Demanding the title.

We get it. People hate Batista. It's not like he's Hogan or Nash, demanding the title. God forbid Jericho loses the title, TO BATISTA.

Demanding to have more when you are the most protected entertainer on RAW = Demanding the title.

My bad. I didn't know you sat in on the creative meetings.

If Batista bitched, and this is the result, there isn't much difference between what he did and what Hogan/Nash/HBK/HHH etc. did.

SOMEONE TELL ME, WHY IS IT SUCH A BIG FUCKING DEAL THAT BATISTA WON THE TITLE? You guys are acting like fucking crybabies. Get the fuck over it. Besides, I'm sure Batista will bring in a bit of a higher rating on RAW than Jericho, and that is probably one of the reasons they wanted to do it. So stop acting like it's some fucking conspiracy.

SOMEONE TELL ME, WHY IS IT SUCH A BIG FUCKING DEAL THAT BATISTA WON THE TITLE? You guys are acting like fucking crybabies. Get the fuck over it. Besides, I'm sure Batista will bring in a bit of a higher rating on RAW than Jericho, and that is probably one of the reasons they wanted to do it. So stop acting like it's some fucking conspiracy.

I don't care if Batista won the title, I really don't, but I'm pointing out to you that the way he did it was no different than others, totally objective.

I guess you sat in on WCW meetings when Hogan/Nash demanded their respective championship reigns. :rolleyes:

I guess you sat in on WCW meetings when Hogan/Nash demanded their respective championship reigns. :rolleyes:

Well, well documented in books and interviews. Where is the proof Batista demanded the title? Dave Meltzer's anti-WWE newsletter? If so, then my bad times two.

Well, well documented in books and interviews. Where is the proof Batista demanded the title? Dave Meltzer's anti-WWE newsletter? If so, then my bad times two.

So it's Jericho's fault that the writers suck? Batista is garbage. HHH is garbage. The whole damn WWE is garbage lately. It's a damn chore to watch it, though I still do out of some twisted sense of loyalty to some of the wrestlers. I turned off the PPV half way though, it was just bad. It's pretty damn telling that the only compelling storyline in recent memory was booked by Jericho and HBK.

Maybe the ratings suck because they've decided to go PG all of a sudden and start writing for the kids. That's going to alienate a lot of their old fanbase, and if they're not luring in a new fan base then the ratings will drop.

Fuck Batista.

What is your deal Bob?

Excuse me? I'm allowed to disagree with people, it's a message board.

Dave Luger actually won, I am completely shocked. Well, I guess since there is nothing left with Jericho on Raw, send him to Smackdown.

If Batista bitched, and this is the result, there isn't much difference between what he did and what Hogan/Nash/HBK/HHH etc. did.

He was frustrated with his role and was feeling burnt out. That's a big difference than refusing to job, burying talent and being a cancer in the locker room like Hogan, Nash and HBK did.

I'm normally not one to complain about booking, but they completely made Big Show look like a punk with the ending of the LMS match. On mulitple occasions, Taker had to take a 9 count, had the crap beat out of him in all ways by Big Show, and then from out of nowhere he hulks up and locks on the choke. It's no different than that match where JBL beat on Cena for 5 or 10 min and then Cena hit one move (without having gotten in any real offense beforehand) and won the match. I'm not anti-Taker like a lot of people are b/c of the way he's protected, but this was pure bullshit. Even the fact they then teased Taker falling down as Big Show was out was insulting.

Someone else mentioned that Jeff looked good in his loss to HHH, but I really don't think he did. I used to *hate* Jeff, and his run since returning made me a believer. But this evening, after losing for a 3rd straight time, I lost some of my enhusiasm for him. He looked like HHH's bitch, plain and simple. I noticed that JR kept saying a World title was in Jeff's future, but it doesn't really matter. I think the damage has been done.

For the record, I disagree with Jericho losing the belt so soon and with Batista getting the title. But saying Fuck Batista is stupid.

Jeff v. HHH was some great stuff, I hope they do pull the trigger and give Jeff the title, it's going to be a special moment.

If I were booking WWE, I'd use the next few months to build up to a CM Punk/Batista Mania match...Punk on the march to get back the title he never lost.

But seeing as (in something that surprised me) Punk's match didn't get the winning votes tonight, I don't know if I should be expecting that.

How can a guy look like HHH's bitch when he basically had the offense in a good 80 percent of that match?