TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/28 - 11/2

With a chance to score the winning touchdown, Florida State fumbles into the endzone with 45 seconds to go. And yet another new ACC frontrunner bites the dust.

There has been ass load of close games today.

Pitt wins in "four" overtimes.

For those that missed it, Armanti Edwards went bonkers on national TV (430 total yards with 6 TD, 5 of them passing) as App State dropped 70 on #3 Wofford.

Other scores of note...

Georgia Southern beat Citadel 44-41 after 3 OT

Colgate upset #21 Lafayette 21-13

#5 Northern Iowa slaughtered #12 Western Illinois 30-6

Presbyterian upset #17 Liberty 31-28

Nicholls State upset #11 Central Arkansas 20-17

#6 Montana ran over #19 Northern Arizona 45-10

#18 Furman held off Samford 28-27 despite allowing 20 points in the 4th quarter

Morgan State upset Florida A&M 13-10

Wow, WSU's truly pathetic. They're down 44-0 to Stanford right now in the 3rd quarter.

And obviously, huge win for Georgia Tech. They got a little lucky on the late fumble, but they were dominating before Nesbitt got hurt, so I think it balances out.

Pitt continues to play up or down to their level of competition, which is good seeing as I believe it is all .500 teams or better the rest of the way, and no more scrub squads like Bowling Green or Rutgers.(I still can't believe they lost to those 2 jokes.)

STANFORD~ annihilates the undefeated vs. I-AA competition Washington State Cougars 58-0! Still undefeated at home! One win away from bowl eligibility!

Wazzu vs. Division I-A Scoreboard Update

Division I-A 434

Washington State 63

Wazzu has been outscored 127-0 in their last two games.

So, after Oklahoma took the opening kickoff and scored on a seven-play drive, Nebraska has run five plays, two of which were INTs resulting in touchdowns, and a third of which was a fumble that Oklahoma recovered and took in for a TD after three plays. 28-0 Oklahoma with only 5:33 gone by. Hard to believe that the Huskers were nationally relevant not even ten years ago.

Texas Tech with a defense is one of the most frightening thoughts of the weekend. I mean, I know they will either blow this one or one of their games remaining when the defense goes on vacation but they have played a solid two and a half quarters against the "unstoppable" Texas offense.

It's really weird watching Texas get physically DOMINATED by Texas Tech..really weird.

Poor clock management by the Red Raiders. Either of those last two plays they should have spiked it.

And nevermind...HOLY SHIT!!!

Why exactly is an UNDEFEATED NUMBER SEVEN team fans STORMING THE FIELD WITH TIME LEFT?!?!

This should be more than 15 yards, this should be bigger than a 15 yard penalty called rampant stupidity.

I really hope Texas returns it for a touchdown now, I think I would laugh for a decade.

Crabtree and Harrell though...damn, I mean damn.

ANNNNNNDDDD there went the squib.

Why exactly is an UNDEFEATED NUMBER SEVEN team fans STORMING THE FIELD WITH TIME LEFT?!?!

This should be more than 15 yards, this should be bigger than a 15 yard penalty called rampant stupidity.

I really hope Texas returns it for a touchdown now, I think I would laugh for a decade.

This is the biggest game in school history and they are about to win in very dramatic fashion.

Now storming the field the second time was admittedly very, very stupid when they clearly could have just looked at the scoreboard to to see there is one second left.

Hell of a game. Crabtree is a MAN (ironically I might add, since Mike Gundy is coming into Lubbock next week).

And not that it matters now, but why didn't Leach go for 2 at the end?

Sorry but I will always, ALWAYS, be against any team in a major conference storming the field no matter what the reason. I got tired of that shit with the Seminole fans storming the court in basketball every time they would beat Duke.

I don't know who leads the Heisman balloting now. You can't blame that loss on Colt McCoy, Harrell was his usual self and Crabtree is a monster. All three made a bonehead play and all three made up for it. Probably still McCoy since they can claim SYSTEM or the Tech players split the vote but man, all three made good cases.

Look out Lions, you might be getting ANOTHER wide out!

The defense finally let Colt down.

Tech played one hell of a game and Crabtree is a fucking beast that made sure everyone in the nation knew who he was.

(/respect)

Ahh well... time to let the rest of the Big 12 do the work for us and bring Tech back down to Earth and let us walk in to the Big 12 title game and depending on how the rest of the season goes..still have a shot at the National Championship.

Easily the top GOTY candidate so far

Forgotten immediately in the wake of that last second TD, how about that oh-so-fucking-close bobble INT on the play right before the TD. If that'd been complete, how quickly would Leach have been crucified in going for another play rather than try the FG

...let's not forget how #12, seems to fly right by the play and not try to either hold Crabtree up or knock the fucker out of bounds.

I agree that its a GOTY candidate and that there's not a lot of bad I can say about Tech but I can talk as much shit as I want about Tech's fans and Texas' bullshit defense that could never sniff out that damned WR screen for the life of them.

So the question now is where does Tech go up too and where does Texas drop down too? This loss created a LOT of chaos. I don't see how Tech shouldn't be in the top three after this since every other undefeated jumped like a rocket with a win. I guess you could stick them like this:

Alabama, Penn State, Florida, Tech, Texas, Oklahoma (you did lose to Texas, Sooners) and USC stays at six (which will piss them off but I guess tough).

Then again, you could stick Tech at 3 and Florida at 4. It's not likely Tech will stay there long since I'm almost positive Oklahoma will kill them if the Cowboys don't first.

In other news, Utah is about to destroy everything the Mountain West has worked for and ruin any chance either them or TCU could have as a BCS spoiler. They are clinging to a 3 point lead against New Mexico.

What an amazing game. Instant classic for sure. Crabtree's catch at the end was fucking insane. Like everyone else said, he is a fuckin MAN.

That'd almost INT at the end was too fucking close. That shit had me jumping off the couch cause I was SURE that was a pick.

In case anyone was wondering, Utah did edge New Mexico 13-10. They have their huge game against TCU on Thursday.

I'd be very surprised if Tech doesn't jump to #3 tomorrow and even as someone who dogged them a lot this year, it'd be a joke if they are below any of the one loss teams. But after tonight the odds of having two unbeatens in the MNC got much slimmer. If Texas had pulled it out you had to like their chances (along with Penn State's) of running the table.

Also Texas should be #4 as for obvious reasons they shouldn't be below Oklahoma and both Florida's and USC's losses were much worse than tonight's loss.

I don't see how you can possibly dog the Texas Tech fans for storming the field after that game. It was the biggest win in the history of their program and they secured it with 1 second on the clock. This idea that storming the field is only for huge dogs is pretty ridiculous in my book. And that was a tremendous, tremendous game. It was the most enjoyable football game I've watched since the 2007 Fiesta Bowl when Boise State beat Oklahoma.

As far as the rankings go, I'd put Texas Tech #2 (behind Penn State, ahead of Alabama), and Texas at #6. While I'll admit the Longhorns have a slightly better resume in terms of wins and losses than USC or Florida, the Trojans and Gators are so talented, and have been so dominant in their wins that I can't justify putting any other one loss teams ahead of them.

And let's get this out of the way, here are your two possible nightmare Big XII South three-way tie scenarios.

1) Texas Tech beats Oklahoma State

2) Oklahoma beats Texas Tech and wins out

Three-way tie: Texas who beat Oklahoma who beat Texas Tech who beat Texas

OR

1) Oklahoma State beats Texas Tech and wins out

2) Texas Tech beats Oklahoma

Three-way tie: Texas who beat Oklahoma State who Texas Tech who beat Texas

Based on the Big XII tiebreak procedures it would end up going to the BCS rankings to decide who advances to the Big XII Championship, which I think most likely in both scenarios it would end up being Texas but still way too far out to predict how that would shake out.