TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silence

Samoa Joe returning to ROH

rohwrestling.com:

The ROH Legend Is Back

Monday, October 27, 2008

Former Ring of Honor World Champion Samoa Joe will make his long awaited return to Ring of Honor on Saturday, November 22nd as a part of the ROH "Rising Above" PPV taping in Chicago Ridge, IL. Joe, who last wrestled for Ring of Honor on March 4th, 2007 in Liverpool, England will be in a non PPV main event match in Chicago.

Samoa Joe took the ROH belt and turned it into one of the most respected World Titles anywhere in professional wrestling during his 21 month title reign. He successfully defended the title in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Joe's title reign brought prestige and honor to the championship which is maintained to this day.

Besides the return of Samoa Joe, the following grudge matches have already been announced for this historic event. Nigel McGuinness (if still champion) will defend the ROH World Title against Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries battles Jimmy Jacobs in an "I Quit" Match to end their long running feud.

Be a part of history when Samoa Joe returns to Ring of Honor at the Chicago Ridge Park District, 9807 Sayre Ave, Chicago Ridge, IL 60415. Tickets are now on sale for this event at www.rohwrestling.com.

Edit: I mis-read. It's the non PPV portion of the show.

*Ducks to avoid rotten fruit being thrown*

With Homicide and now Joe making returns to ROH, it seems to me that they're both probably concerned with the future of the promotion and want to help with sales. I wonder if they're taking a pay cut to do this.

I've wondered when they would bring Joe back in for a shot. As long as they don't use the TNA guys on ppvs they seem to be free to book anyone they want to and Joe is a big time main event match no matter who he faces. I'll likely pick up the DVD just to see the reaction...and of course Joe being cut free from working with guys that can't go at his hard hitting level (Nash, Sting...although Sting did take a pretty good beating, Booker).