BruteSquad_BRODY

NFL Week 9

Raiders Offense

77 Total Yards

10 Net Passing Yards

3 First Downs

14:45 Time of Possession

LOLZ

And that's in Oakland, too. JaMarcus Russell is awful, but I don't even blame him. No one could succeed in that situation.

So this is Detroit's remaining schedule:

vs. Jacksonville

@ Carolina

vs. Tampa Bay

vs. Tennessee (Thanksgiving)

vs. Minnesota

@ Indianapolis

vs. New Orleans

@ Green Bay

I see maybe two games that they have a shot at winning (Minnesota, though that may be a bit of a stretch, and New Orleans).

I watched last year's Pats-Colts game on NFL Network this past week. I was working that day so I missed most of it, but it was actually a damn good game. It certainly will be better than tonight's which will either be both teams stumbling all over the field since neither offense can get going, or Peyton torching everything in his path in a repeat of the San Diego game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cassell blunder right into a spinning Feeney at one point.

Edited by KingPK

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

They could catch Jacksonville napping, but Minnesota is the most likely win. They won't go 0-16.

They were 7-9 last year! I totally forgot.

The Ravens game was really weird. They came out strong and got an early 10-0 lead thanks to a really nice Flacco pass to Mark Clayton. Then the Cribbs return sent all the momentum to the Browns and they eventually built up the 14 point lead thanks to the Ravens secondary being pillaged again by injuries. Then all of a sudden, Joe Flacco mans up again and leads the Ravens back to tie in the span of about 3 minutes, and eventually the winning FG. And Suggs is having a Defensive MVP effort so far this season as well. 27 straight games with no 100 yard rusher! Hopefully the Skins can beat the piss out of Pissburgh tomorrow and it'll be a tie for the Division. The Ravens have a gimme next week vs the Texans which should put them at 6-3 entering the meat of their schedule (The Entire NFC East plus Pissburgh, and Cincy/Jax as well).

The Browns were doing just fine when they weren't afraid to throw the ball down the field. Once they built up the lead, they were content to run, run, pass, punt until the Pick 6.

If the Browns bench Anderson, it's obviously Romeo throwing the white flag on the season and his stint as head coach. If Anderson does get benched, Braylon Edwards should have to join him.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I haven't heard a goddamned peep this week about this game. I think that's hilarious.

and the roof on the barn is OPEN, FUCKERS!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

15 plays go 91 yards in 8 minutes. That looked like the damn Colts. Very promising.

The Browns were doing just fine when they weren't afraid to throw the ball down the field. Once they built up the lead, they were content to run, run, pass, punt until the Pick 6.

If the Browns bench Anderson, it's obviously Romeo throwing the white flag on the season and his stint as head coach. If Anderson does get benched, Braylon Edwards should have to join him.

And that is what Browns fan chanting "Brady Quinn" have to remember. If Braylon Edwards does his job and, you know, doesn't drop the ball, the Browns aren't in the situation.

It's not Anderson's fault Braylon can't seem to catch one that actually hits his hands.

Guest Vitamin X
SAAAAAAAAAAAAVED BYYYYYYYY ZEEEEEEEEEEEE-RO!

Which one's gotten worse, that one or the Lexus rubik's cube commercial?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVED

BY

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-RO!

I just had a thought run through my head, so with the headset the QB gets, does that cut off at some point or could who ever is on the other end scream into it during the play to say warn the QB of anyone about to hit his back or any other situation?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

How long until someone gets nailed trying to intercept the opponent's frequency?

yeah, I heard Peyton specifically talk about the headset time in an interview, about how they cut it off at the 15 second mark to prevent coaches from warning you about last second defense shifts

Has anyone else checked out the NFL.com coverage of the game? I've only been looking at it for a couple minutes and it's already had a couple problems, but it's pretty cool for the most part. It has 5 different angles of the game and the regular commentary.

Bad night for The Genius tonight. Running down the field like a moron yelling "Waait, waiiit I changed my miiiind!" and blowing their last timeout when they got the first was pathetic. It also was pathetic to see the Colts get torched again and again by that draw play. Both these teams suck this year.

Yeah, I kind of felt like I was watching two below average teams tonight. The Colts show glimpses of being the offensive force they've been in years past, but then do nothing for long periods of time. The Pats are just really vanilla on offense. I think I'm finally ready to come around to the idea that the Titans are the best team in football.

Let's see how I did today in predictions:

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 1:00 pm: Favre was horrid at times last week but managed to win. Buffalo lost a tough one at Miami. Bills will get back on track here though. Buffalo by 7. (Well, Jets managed to win this one on the road. 0 for 1)

Detroit at Chicago 1:00 pm: The Bears will beat the Lions yet again but it might be a little closer this time. Bears by 14. (Wow, it certainly was closer this time. Orton going down hurts my fantasy team, bah. No cover, but 1 for 2)

Jacksonville at Cincinnati 1:00 pm: The Jags are just a puzzling, enigmatic team. That said, this is Cincy we're talking about here. Jacksonville by 10. (You know, for some reason I thought the Bengals had a shot here but didn't remotely want to pick that upset. 1 for 3)

Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 pm: Could the Browns be ready to turn around their season? I think so actually. Cleveland by 3. (Okay, maybe the Browns turnaround talk was a bit premature. 1 for 4)

Tampa Bay at Kansas City 1:00 pm: Tampa is just not a good road team at all, just 1 win away from home thus far. That said, their D is still solid enough to grind out a win here. Tampa by 6. (Bucs needed OT to survive the suddently tough Chiefs. 2 for 5)

Houston at Minnesota 1:00 pm: Should I get back on the Texans bandwagon to some extent? Sure, why not. The Vikings are unspectacular. Houston by 4. (Could be time to get back off the Texans bandwagon. 2 for 6)

Arizona at St. Louis 1:00 pm: Hard to predict this since Steven Jackson is banged up. I'll say that Warner sticks it to his old team and the Cardinals manage to win a wild shootout 35-31. (Warner stuck to his old team, not even close. 3 for 7)

Green Bay at Tennessee 1:00 pm: Titans actually can't afford to slip up at home before they have a couple of tough road games. Packers are decent at times but I can't see them winning this one. Titans by 7. (Titans managed to hang on and win it in OT. 4 for 8)

Miami at Denver 4:05 pm: Denver is just baffling beyond words. Miami is also pretty puzzling. Since it's in Denver, I'll take the Broncos by 5. (Hard one to predict, Dolphins got the win. AFC West is just....bad. 4 for 9)

Dallas at N.Y. Giants 4:15 pm: Dallas barely scraped by Tampa's bleh offense. This one just isn't going to happen however. NYG by 13. (Beatdown central, no shock here. 5 for 10)

Atlanta at Oakland 4:15 pm: Oakland is fairly tough to beat at home, but the Falcons somehow will find a way to get by on the road. ATL by 3. (Look at the much improved Falcons winning big on the road. 6 for 11)

Philadelphia at Seattle 4:15 pm: Eagles look somewhat back on track and I don't really buy the Seahawks even with their win over SF. Philly by 10. (Eagles just did what they should have done. 7 for 12)

New England at Indianapolis 8:15 pm: Okay, the Colts flat out cannot afford to lose this game at home, not if they want any hope of making the playoffs. Indy by 7. (Sort of sad to watch this really. 8 for 13)

Eh, not the greatest week of picks.