TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

NFL Week 9

Guest Vitamin X

Titans, yes, but Redskins or Cardinals is pretty out there, especially the latter.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If the Tennessee Titans make the superbowl, I'll suck my own dick and take pictures.

You're on. And it'd sweeten the pot considerably if you could get a picture of you doing that while a nearby Israel Idonije ties his shoes from a fully-erect position.

All right. Go Titans!

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Tennessee doesn't end up in the Super Bowl. Who else is there in the AFC? The usual suspects--Indy, New England, and San Diego--are all down and haven't been able to string together more than few good quarters here and there. I wouldn't favor any of them to beat Tennessee. After a promising start, Buffalo has faded. Does anyone really buy the Jets as a championship contender? Denver's defense is terrible. I think Pittsburgh might be the only other viable contender, and I seriously doubt that Roethlisberger would survive the first half with his o-line matched up against Tennessee's d-line. Anything can happen, obviously, but it's looking more and more like the Titans are clearly the best team in the AFC, while the NFC is a total toss-up.

Despite the fact the Giants won the Super Bowl last year, I will still be really pissed if Kerry Collins EVER wears a Super Bowl ring. Who is this man in a Titans jersey, and what the hell did he do with the guy that couldn't get his team a single offensive TD in SB XXXV?

Despite the fact the Giants won the Super Bowl last year, I will still be really pissed if Kerry Collins EVER wears a Super Bowl ring. Who is this man in a Titans jersey, and what the hell did he do with the guy that couldn't get his team a single offensive TD in SB XXXV?

Because the equivalent defense (Maybe not even as good) to Baltimore that year is now on his team?

If you really blame Collins for not being able to function against that defense, you really are in denial as to how good they really were.

Rob Burnett LE

Sam Adams LDT

Tony Siragusa RDT

Michael McCrary RE

Peter Boulware LOLB

Ray Lewis MLB

Jamie Sharper ROLB/DB

Duane Starks LCB

Chris McAlister RCB

Kim Herring SS

Rod Woodson FS

One would say the only holes in that defense were at the ends, but the style of defense they used incorporated the ends as containment and run stopping, allowing their amazing linebackers to make plays. No team that year was prepared for how well Baltimore utilized their linebackers in pass defense, just look at Ray Lewis with 4 pass deflections. Not only were the linebacking corp the source of their pass pressure, they also had such excellent field coverage in the passing game so that during blitz downs the number of holes in their zone were minimal.

I hate Baltimore, but give them some credit here. I mean Siragusa and Adams alone could have weighed almost 1000 combined pounds...how do you move that in the center??

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Giants are damn good. They have to be the favorite in the NFC, which is so weird that it's happening now, because the Super Bowl team wasn't this good, and the 2006 team wasn't as good as they thought they were.

BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN'

The Chiefs suck. How could they blow this?

They obviously don't play to win the game.

Hello!? Like Jim Mora, that'll never not be funny.

If I get down on how bad the Raiders are, well, at least they're better than my KKK Pick'em.

How good are we willing to consider Atlanta right now? That was a really dominant performance on the road yesterday, even if it was against a terrible team. It looked considerably more impressive than Tampa having to battle back from a 21 point deficit against Kansas City. The thing with Atlanta is that is seems like they must have run through every shitty team in the league by now. They've played Oakland, Detroit, Kansas City, etc. Their best win is over Chicago, I guess. Maybe Green Bay. So while I'm actually willing to let the Falcons into the "For Real" tent right now, I don't think they'll be able to overcome Tampa and/or Carolina in the NFC South. Matt Ryan is going to really good for a long time, though. Ron Mexico getting thrown in jail will prove to be the best thing that ever happened to that franchise.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Matt Ryan looked like a million bucks against the Bears because they have the worst pass rush in the league and can hardly come close to touching a quarterback, so even that win needs to be qualified. Orlovsky and Frerotte looked like superstars too.

I'm really surprised by how much the Falcons have turned it around, though. I figured losing Ron Mexico and having your big-ticket coach quit and go home mid-season to be Emperor of the Pigs would doom them for years to come. Nope, good team down there.

I hope the Browns fail miserably at his hands.

I just hope that he looks worse than JaMarcus Russell. I thought the Raiders were insane when they picked him first two years ago, and nothing that I've seen since has changed my mind.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Brady Quinn already looks better than JaMarcus Russell because Quinn doesn't have an ass the size of Connecticut.

b_quinn_dumb.jpg

NOW I'M DONE.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Tennessee doesn't end up in the Super Bowl. Who else is there in the AFC? The usual suspects--Indy, New England, and San Diego--are all down and haven't been able to string together more than few good quarters here and there. I wouldn't favor any of them to beat Tennessee. After a promising start, Buffalo has faded. Does anyone really buy the Jets as a championship contender? Denver's defense is terrible. I think Pittsburgh might be the only other viable contender, and I seriously doubt that Roethlisberger would survive the first half with his o-line matched up against Tennessee's d-line. Anything can happen, obviously, but it's looking more and more like the Titans are clearly the best team in the AFC, while the NFC is a total toss-up.

Baltimore says "hi"

If they could get their secondary back in time for the tougher NFC East games they would be a real threat but as it is their Defense still pretty solid. The rush defense is probably the best in the NFL now only giving up about 60 yards a game but teams aren't having too much trouble passing th eball.

Teams Baltimore have beaten this year: Cleveland (3-5), Cincinnati (1-8), Miami (4-4), Oakland (2-6). Start talking about them when they actually beat someone.

Id say beating the Dolphins qualifies considering they're 1 GB in the jumbled up AFC East. They also came pretty close to beating the Titans save for a phantom blow the helmet call on Collins by Suggs.

The only game they outright looked bad in was vs the Colts. Take out that blowout and their other 2 losses were both 3 point affairs.

Good win by The Steelers. The way that game started out, I had flashbacks of The Philly game. Leftwich impressed me tonight against a good defense. Hope Big Ben isn't hurt too bad. Awesome game by the defense as well.

Also surprised at the success Atlanta is having but this really points out something that teams tend to underrate (and fans tend to ignore), the importance of the GM position and the role of the front office in general. Tom Dimitroff managed to sign RB Michael Turner and then jettisoned RB Warrick Dunn, TE Alge Crumpler, and DB DeAngelo Hall. Many fans (including myself) thought he was nuts for doing that but apparently he knew what he was doing.

*Waits for Atlanta fans to take up the mantra of "In Tom We Trust"* ;)

I have a bone to pick with Redskins D-coordinator Greg Blache. Up until Big Ben gets hurt, the Skins are playing man-to-man, press coverage, and it is working pretty damn well. Besides the big PI penalty, their secondary is playing pretty lights out.

Then all of the sudden Leftwhich comes in and "it's time for SOFT ZONE D" He backs up the corners off the line and suddenly Pittsburghs WRs are running all over the field getting open in any place they want to, and don't even get me started on the 3rd & goal play where Rogers is actually IN THE ENDZONE prior to the snap of the ball.....Seriously WTF.

Soft Zone has it's place in football. When it is 3rd and very long, to keep from a WR getting behind you for a big gain, and when you don't have a secondary capable of playing man-to-man. This doesn't apply to the Redskins Defense, and I am very confused as to why having so much success playing man, equals them always switching to zone later in games.

The Skins defense didn't have a bad game overall, as the Steelers only had 225 total yards offense, but they had a couple big plays when they needed them. The blocked punt was HUGE.

The Redskins offense. Ummm......WTF? Their O-line played pitiful. I guess Santana Moss got hurt or something cause he was on the sideline most of the game. Cooley was neutralized by the fact that he had to help on the line all night and block.

I am really thinking in order for this offense to really work on all cylinders, their WR draft picks need to get their act together and do what it takes to get into the games, because they are big targets who are desperately needed on third downs and red zone situations. One is injured which really isn't his fault, the other one came to camp not in football shape and is having a tough time "adjusting" whatever the hell that means.

Again, this is post-game ranting so I probably sound more angry then I should be. The Skins are way ahead of where anyone thought they would be and this is their first year under a timing-based offense, so if everything goes according to plan, they should get better with time. It just frustrates me cause over the past 10-15 years I have heard that an awful lot.

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo

The Bills are at home and coming off of a loss, so I like them here. Favre throws 3 picks.

Detroit at Chicago

Should be a cakewalk for the Bears, as Detroit is bad and not getting any better. Chicago's march to a division title and one-and-done playoff appearance begins here.

Jacksonville at Cincinnati

I don't know what to think of Jacksonville, but I know for a fact that Cincinnati is terrible. Jags win this one.

Baltimore at Cleveland

Hmmmm. Tough one. I'm thinking that Cleveland is starting to snap out of their early season fog, but I don't know that they'll be able to move the ball on Baltimore's defense. Still, it's in Cleveland, so I'll say Browns.

Tampa Bay at Kansas City

I think Tampa wins this one, but I pray to god that the good, efficient offense shows up. I'd rather not have to sit through another game like that shitfest in Dallas last weekend. The Bucs need this one to be a respectable 6-3 going into their bye week.

Houston at Minnesota

Hmmm. Another tough one. Two teams that I have no idea what to make of. Houston is actually playing pretty well right now, but it's in Minnesota and the Vikes are coming off of a bye. I'll have to go Minnesota.

Arizona at St. Louis

Hmmm. A lot of this depends on the status of Steven Jackson. I don't really like Arizona, but I think I'm going to be forced to pick them anyway. Boldin and Fitzgerald should have big days on that surface in the dome.

Green Bay at Tennessee

Tennessee is going to have to lose sometime, but I don't know if Green Bay is the team to give them that loss. Although the Pack did look good in dismantling Indy and are coming off of their bye. Still, it's in Tennessee and I can't pick an undefeated team to lose at home. Titans take this one.

Miami at Denver

Denver is another mystery team. If they can regain their offensive potency from the first couple of weeks, they should roll the Dolphins. But that defense is a concern. I'll have to take the home team, I guess. Denver wins.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants

The Giants should crush Dallas here. That Dallas offense just isn't clicking at all without Romo and, unlike the Bucs, the Giants have a QB who isn't completely terrified of throwing the ball more than five yards downfield, so their depleted secondary can be exploited. New York wins running away.

Atlanta at Oakland

Atlanta is actually pretty damn good, all things considered. They've struggled on the road, but Oakland shouldn't present much of a challenge. Roddy White torches DeAngelo Hall repeatedly and the Falcons win by double digits.

Philadelphia at Seattle

Seattle is total garbage, Philly is starting to get their legs underneath them. No problem for the Eagles here.

New England at Indianapolis

Hmmmm. Some marquee matchup here. I don't think either team is that great, but Indy is unbelievably mediocre this year. I think the Pats drive the final nail into the coffin this week.

Pittsburgh at Washington

Interesting game. I think a lot of people are underestimating Washington. Both teams are banged up all over the place. I like Washington in this one.

Woof. 8-6 for the week. 81-49 overall.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Big Ben's got a boo-boo..awwww

Roethlisberger gets hurt a lot. He's a mighty big man, and he takes some mighty big bumps. It's not a Pittsburgh Steelers season until Roethlisberger gets hit with golfball-sized hail from the moon as he's being sacked into a sinkhole by a tank, resulting in a Charlie BAATCH! sighting. Or now Byron Leftwich, I suppose.