TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haws bah gawd

iMPACT Spoilers for 10/30/08

From Rajah

- AJ Styles and Samoa Joe opened up the show. They cut a promo on the Main Event Mafia. ODB, Lethal, Creed, Eric Young and Petey Williams all came out to show their support for them. Sabin and Shelley came out as well but wondered why they should join. This led to Joe slapping Shelley. The MEM then came out and ranted for a while.

(1) Christy Hemme & ODB d. The Beautiful Peopl.

(2) Eric Young d. James Storm after Roode accidentally spit beer in his face. Beer Money beat down EY after the match but the Guns made the save.

(3) The Motorcity Machine Guns d. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Volador Jr. Bashir did commentary during the match. He got in the ring when it was over and started yelling at Tanahashi & Volador. Rhino then came in and Gored him.

(4) AJ Styles & Samoa Joe d. Kevin Nash & Booker T.

- Mick Foley came out and announced some matches for Turning Point. Sting will defend his TNA World Title vs AJ Styles, Kevin Nash will take on Samoa Joe and Booker T will defend his Legends Title vs Christian Cage. Foley then called out Sting. He said Sting you put me on the map and seeing you join the MEM last week broke my heart. Sting then talked for a while as well.

(5) Abyss d. Kurt Angle on a DQ when he used a chair. Tons of people ran in after the match including Morgan, Nash, Booker, AJ, Joe, Petey, Creed, EY and more. The faces had the advantage until Scott Steiner came down with a pipe and took them all down including Petey Williams. The MEM then celebrated as the show closed.

- In a match for Xplosion Jay Lethal d. Robert Roode.

Joe slapping Shelley just sounds funny to me. The guys been pissing and moaning about respect for the past couple months, and he slaps someone. MEN DON'T SLAP! MEN PUNCH OR GIVE A FOREARM OR SOMETHING!

Thoughts?

Oh hell yes! The return of Big Poppa Pump! I've missed him for months, as I've thought TNA really lost something on their shows when Steiner was injured. Him being put with the Main Event Mafia fits very well, so this faction should be pretty fun to watch.

I'm kind of curious with how they are going to do the Main Event Mafia angle. The one thing I thought when they came out last week though was that it is Kurt Angle and WCW. Now with Steiner, it becomes even more like that (although the only guys around that fit this group are either ex-WCW guys and Angle, so that's why)

So I guess Foley is answering for Christian? There must be a backstage promo with Christian or something since Book demanded him answer about the stipulation first.

And yes, men do slap to disrespect another guy. It's basically like calling them a little bitch woman. WHY exactly I'm not sure, but I do know that it's a disrespect thing.

I'm guessing ODB fits in since Awesome Kong more than likely will end up joining the MEM. The Beautiful People wouldn't make an ounce of sense and Kong joining would. If Kong isn't joining, I'm not exactly sure why ODB is there.

Kong doesn't make any sense with the Main Event Mafia though. She isn't old, isn't a main eventer from the WWF or WCW.

Maybe the spot was set for Gail Kim, but they couldn't get her back for it?

EDIT: Though I did just have a weird thought...TNA could pull a surprise out and bring Amy "Lita" Dumas into the group. But I'm pretty sure she's happily retired from the ring now, so that's a 1/1,000,000 chance.

I apologize for doing this, but I haven't watched TNA since about March or April this year and I'm curious. What is the Main Event Mafia and what's their angle?

What is the Main Event Mafia and what's their angle?

The MEM consist of Angle, Booker, Sting, Nash and now Steiner, and the angle is that the young guys are ungrateful. As Angle or Sting said on Impact, the business was built on respect and honor, and the young punks lack both.

As Angle or Sting said on Impact, the business was built on respect and honor,

That's going to be an LOL moment for years to come.

Turning Point? I hope that was a typo for Genesis.

Nope, Turning Point is now November, Final Resolution takes place in December[which makes sense] and Genesis takes place in January[which also makes sense]

Glad to hear that Steiner is finally back and I'm gonna be happy to see Stine and Foley interact with one another again. I think a promo type of feud between the two will be great.

But what happen to the Super Hero group of Young, Sharkboy, and Curry Man?

I don't know...but there has never been a better time to bring back Christopher Daniels as himself. They can sell it that Foley let him back, and he A: fits perfectly with Joe and Styles side, B: Is a fresh face since he's been Curry man forever now. C: Would immediately be put into the big storyline.

I don't know...but there has never been a better time to bring back Christopher Daniels as himself. They can sell it that Foley let him back, and he A: fits perfectly with Joe and Styles side, B: Is a fresh face since he's been Curry man forever now. C: Would immediately be put into the big storyline.

QFT. If there was ever a time to get rid of the Curry Man persona and bring back Christopher Daniels, the time is now

Or he could still do both with interviews when he's a Curry Man match and Curry man skits when a Daniels match. It's what he seems to be doing on the Indys...hell he seems to be wrestling as BOTH at some shows on the same night.

The main storyline has definitely started to streamline things, which should make a lot of what goes on less confusing. I'm also interested to see what they do with the Guns. They've been the one young entity in the company that actually has been disrespectful to everyone for months...so they could be being set up as heels who just don't give a fuck. Which is better than...you know...nothing.

"Main Event Mafia" - really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that name. Almost as bad as Beer Money.

I keep picturing the MEM out on the streets beating up random people while wearing suits and hats because of that name. Sting would just stand there doing nothing like always.

"Main Event Mafia" - really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that name. Almost as bad as Beer Money.

I keep picturing the MEM out on the streets beating up random people while wearing suits and hats because of that name. Sting would just stand there doing nothing like always.

And in a related segment, Scott Hall returns just to utter the line "Say 'ello to my lil' friend!"

I will say this, even though I thought it was cool that Sting has stood his ground with the current angle, him standing there doing nothing looked stupid on the Las Vegas impact. He should atleast orchestrate who does what in the beatdowns in the ring if he doesn't want to physically get his hands dirty.

The funny thing is, this isn't the first stable or tag team in TNA to use "mafia" in its name. Remember the Voodoo Kin Mafia? ;)

The funny thing is, this isn't the first stable or tag team in TNA to use "mafia" in its name. Remember the Voodoo Kin Mafia? ;)

That was quite the misleading name. You'd think it would be B.G. and Kip James doing a literal voodoo gimmick, but the only "voodoo" thing about them came later with their valet.

Instead, it was just them poking fun at Vince with the initials.