TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haws bah gawd

iMPACT Spoilers for 10/30/08

"Main Event Mafia" - really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that name. Almost as bad as Beer Money.

The funny thing is, this isn't the first stable or tag team in TNA to use "mafia" in its name. Remember the Voodoo Kin Mafia? ;)

I'd like to forget.

Sting looks like Nick Cage with a goatee.

He might want some just for men beard color for that too..

Will Sting's gray facial hair put him in a rocking chair?

What happened to Cornette? Is he done with TNA now that Mick Foley is "The Executive Shareholder", or whatever they're calling their authority position? Decent show, though.

What happened to Cornette? Is he done with TNA now that Mick Foley is "The Executive Shareholder", or whatever they're calling their authority position? Decent show, though.

If they were smart, they'd add him to the announcing crew.

So odds are he's done with TNA.

I'd keep Cornette off TV entirely and put him on the booking team. Fans are so used to Cornette as a scumbag manager that he won't ever truly be accepted as an unbiased face of authority.

So far I really like the Main Event Mafia but I do wonder if this angle will work in the long run for TNA. These old vs. young feuds involving factions always seem to do the opposite of what is intended, since fans usually cheer for the more established names.

I could see Cornette managing the MEM, he'd be kinda their answer to Foley's power.

So far, I'm really enjoying the hell out of the MEM, but after Steiner, I don't want to see any more guys added to the group. Just have it be Sting, Angle, Booker, Nash, and Steiner, and thats it.

At the very least, you need as many members in MEM as there are babyfaces standing up to them. If not, we'll keep getting more of the same scenario we got on Impact where the outnumbered heels beat up the babyfaces, which only makes the babyfaces look like geeks.

At the very least, you need as many members in MEM as there are babyfaces standing up to them. If not, we'll keep getting more of the same scenario we got on Impact where the outnumbered heels beat up the babyfaces, which only makes the babyfaces look like geeks.

I think it's OK to have a big gang as long as it comes down to the main guys when the big promos go on. I don't need Horace Hogan in the ring when Hulk, Nash and Hall are talking.

There's some things that they can do that would be fun. I think they should try and get a guy to be their X division guy. They should try and get Jerry Lynn back (I think his main complaint in leaving was that they weren't using him as a worker, and he only had so much time left). Being the guy that AJ keeps leaving out of guys who built TNA (he talks Lowki, Daniels and Joe) is a good setup. Try bringing him in and put him in the X division. It immediately puts some heat on the division.

Team 3D does fit if they had any interest in the tag titles, and they were already alligned with Booker and Angle.

I'd like to see them put some kind of a representative in each division at least...so that it doesn't come off as the titles (Tag, Knockouts and X) being meaningless since all the TV time goes towards the MEM vs. AJ/Joe war.

Also...bring back Christopher Daniels.

He's a heel who kind of only does the heel things when he's actually right. Like on Impact where he helps AJ up, and doesn't do anything physical until Styles spit in his face. He wasn't wrong there.

I think what they're going to go for is that Sting is in the Main Event Mafia, and he believes he's right...but he isn't so over the line that he's going to impose his will like the rest of the group. Kind of like...he actually wants to make the young guys understand something...but they just keep proving him right time and time again.

Eventually, since he's said 2009 is his last year, he'll end up respecting Joe and AJ and the group will turn on him so he can have his final face run.

If they do it right, Sting coming to respect them could actually be a pretty good storyline.

Yeah. They did a 1.16 rounded up. The ratings have been moving up after they bottomed out a couple months ago. This is either the, or near, the most viewers the show has ever had. We'll see if they can keep it or even build it. Streamlining the storylines has to help.

I think Sting gets kicked out sooner than later and replaced by Jarrett. Especially after the ending to this last iMPACT with Sting seemingly trying to help AJ up and the other heels just trying to be, well, heels.

This makes 3 straight Impacts I've watched from start to finish. That hasn't happened since early this year. The product as a whole seems to be focused and has a direction. I couldn't say that a month or so ago. Things could still go to shit, but I've enjoyed what I've seen since BFG.

Do you mean in future shows or are you talking about last night in particular?