TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Wrestler/Belt Combos That Didn't or Wouldn't Look Good

Just wondering people's opinions...

What combo of belt and wrestler do you think wouldn't look right (besides obvious ones like David Arquette and WCW World TItle and the like)

For me, Triple H with the "Bling Belt" just doesn't seem right to me.

Along the same lines, I don't think Cena would really look right with the World Title. The belt seems too plain for him.

Also, going back a bit, I get a laugh at trying to picture Brock Lesnar or Ric Flair with the spinner WWE title.

Triple H with the IC title in 2001 was wrong on so many levels.

In fact there's just been something just off-putting about the actual IC belt. The look hasn't been right for ten years. Bring back the classic Intercontinental strap.

Alex Wright with the Cruiserweight Championship belt was just awkward. Dude was not a cruiserweight.

Ric Flair with the United States Championship in 1996.

Vince with the ECW Championship around his waist is just... ugh. The worst.

Kane with the IC title.

2001 Kane with the full mask or 2002 Kane with the open mouthed mask?

Both, since he was a former WWE Champion. Although in 2001 he did have a decent match with Albert on Smackdown in their first IC title match.

I liked the eagle design for the world title and the 1980s IC title.

Bothered me when they changed the tag team titles in the WWF, they stayed the same for so long

And the dumbest part was that those belts on Raw are called the "World Tag Team Championship," yet the new belts say "WWE Tag Team Champions" (which is the name of the Smackdown tag titles), with "World" nowhere to be found. The old tag belts, meanwhile, had WORLD right in the middle of the main plate.

All of the TNA wrestlers with that small and outdated NWA world title.

Yeah, I agree there. It was OK at first, but when it became clear that TNA would be nothing like the classic NWA, they should have updated the belt to something more modern. At least their current belt looks good.

All of the TNA wrestlers with that small and outdated NWA world title.

Yeah, I agree there. It was OK at first, but when it became clear that TNA would be nothing like the classic NWA, they should have updated the belt to something more modern. At least their current belt looks good.

True, but then you have a lot of people, including a lot of folks around here, that start bitching and moaning with things like "what if they changed the Stanley Cup?" and things like that. You have people who embrace change and others that will never be happy if you change a title's design, no matter how outdated it may be.

Here's my contributions:

RVD_2Belts_2.jpg

Not so much the ECW title, which he was LONG overdue to hold, but that God-Awful abomination on his left shoulder. Anyone not named John Cena needs to be carrying this beauty:

wweundis2closelock.jpg

Sigh...While I don't have a huge boner for the previous design like a lot of others do, this belt has never looked right on anyone. The center plate seems way too wide.

ic-jericho08th-3.jpg

Huge belt....little man

82e4c13f-1.jpg

Small belt, even littler man

ChampionHornswoggle.jpg

I gotta say, it always got a chuckle from me when Big Show would wear this belt around his bicep

14.jpg

I really wish they would replace the spinner belt already. It looks like a toy or something, and makes it seem like whoever has it is a place holder for Cena. They should bring back the WWF Championship that Haws had a picture of above, or do a variation on that, at least.

I really wish they would replace the spinner belt already. It looks like a toy or something, and makes it seem like whoever has it is a place holder for Cena. They should bring back the WWF Championship that Haws had a picture of above, or do a variation on that, at least.

I think the problem is that the spinner sells so well. *Shrug*

Hogan with the tag belt...

You could probably put Flair up there with any tag belt, too.

Hell, even Flair with the WWF Championship always looked weird to me.

As I said at the start of this thread...imagine what it would have looked like had he won the current version of the WWE Title.

As I said at the start of this thread...imagine what it would have looked like had he won the current version of the WWE Title.

Imagine no more.....Here's a quick and dirty Photoshopped pic

Flair.jpg

The spinner belt hasn't been spun in about 2 years. I'd have to go with Rey and the World Heavyweight title. It was way too big.

BTW...I thought of another reason they should get rid of the spinner WWE Title.

The side plate on...well, left if you're wearing it...still says "Mon Nite Raw"

Even though the current champ is on Smackdown.

So unless they're planning sometime soon to change the belts back over, it's out of date again.

All they need to do is take that plate off and put the SmackDown Fist plate they took off back on.

Maybe.

But the fist makes no sense now, seeing as Mae Young's baby is no longer a part of the Smackdown entrance.

EDIT: Thinking about it...if they're gonna keep this belt around for a while, just replace that plate entirely with a matching WWE Champion plate.