TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Guitar Hero World Tour

So I picked it up a couple of days ago.

As predicted, it's pretty much the same concept as Rock Band.

The drumming takes a bit to get used to because of the way the symbols are elevated. So when the icons come rolling down the screen, sometimes you get caught up hitting the wrong drum pad by habit of playing on Rock Band's drums. I never had rock band, only played it a few times on a friend's system so the adjustment time was probably less for me.

I haven't tried the recording studio yet, it looks cool though.

The touch-pad on the new guitars is a cool feature, but it will take some time to get comfortable using it.

I am very happy with the game so far.

I pre-ordered the Guitar & Game Bundle because I don't have a wireless guitar from having the first Rock Band and Guitar Hero II. I haven't picked it up yet, but I have been hearing less than glowing reviews on this. I'm pretty busy all the other games and was pretty happy with Rock Band 2, so I may just cancel my order and pick up game only if it gets a little cheaper after the holidays. There are a few songs I am pretty interested in with this game though.

Yeah so I'm going to have early onset carpal tunnel with this game.

The first night we had it, the battle was to play drums.

Now we're begging each other to please take the drums. It's fun but after I dunno...12 hours...you've wasted your day of vacation and shot your wrists to hell.

What's the new touch pad?

There's a touch pad on the guitar neck below the normal buttons. You can play notes via the touch pad or buttons.

I'll probably put this on my Christmas list.

Awesome. My buttons on my Xplorer are fucking up.

I played this for a while in Gamestop earlier. I had a really good time with it. I play a little Bass in my free time, so I love the hell out of playing the bass in these games.

How is the note mapping compared to GH3? A few of my friends used to complain about GH3 mapping keys where there were no notes just to try and make it more difficult.

These were the songs I played on Expert yesterday:

Stillborn - Black Label Society

Dammit - Blink 182

Judging strictly from the bass parts, it looks like you only play when theres a sound to interpret. Stillborn is actually pretty dead-on to the actual tablature, as is Dammit. I'm really enjoying the addition of open-fret parts in the new game. Makes playing a little more realistic.

Personally, I despise the open frets so far. It's like they took out almost all the chords and thought "Hmm, how can we make it harder? I know, let's add a 6th button! Wait, there isn't a 6th button? We'll figure it out." Maybe it's just because I'm not used to committing a cardinal sin and taking my fingers off the frets, but the open frets are constantly screwing me up. I was looking forward to "Hey Man Nice Shot" until I tried it and constantly got fucked up by them. Now it just seems like a chore.

Minor complaint: The vocals arent as good as on Rock Band..even with the vocal track turned all the way down and the mic turned up its still too present.

Considering we didnt have to buy multiple instruments to play the different games though, it's liveable.

I'm getting this for free thanks to Activision soon, wanted to know:

In Rock Band 1, you had to do talky parts before they actually came up. Not so in Rock Band 2, but in RB2 it's just too easy... how is World Tour?

I'm a little low on cash, so the time I've spent with this game has come from the demo station in Gamestop. Got to say, I've loved every second of playing this. The most fun I've had playing a song on Bass/Expert has been "Stillborn". It's a VERY easy song (even on expert), but I just have a damn good time with it. "Living on a Prayer" is a lot of fun as well. Can't wait to eventually pick this up and go after some DLC.

Got it on Friday, really enjoying it so far. And thank christ, the Wii actually has downloadable content this time!

I downloaded "Another Way to Die" by Jack White and Alicia Keys. It's pretty good fun to play - if a little easy.

I picked it up at a gamestop after some trades. I bought it for 360 with the guitar bundle. It's pretty fun. I find the track list superior to III, just because it's so much more varied. Beating the game in hard is pretty easy too, although the Joe Satriani song is pretty tough. And no more stupid boss battles with the damned double notes attack that made the boss unbeatable.

My friend brought this game over and he decided to leave it here till next time he comes over. So, in all likelihood, I'll have it through Friday. If anyone wants to play, let me know. I'm especially interested in getting the achievements.

I picked it up at a gamestop after some trades. I bought it for 360 with the guitar bundle. It's pretty fun. I find the track list superior to III, just because it's so much more varied. Beating the game in hard is pretty easy too, although the Joe Satriani song is pretty tough. And no more stupid boss battles with the damned double notes attack that made the boss unbeatable.

Just wait. Zakk Wylde and Ted Nugent (that I've found) have something for you on Expert.

I've played "Today" as Billy Corgan and "Misery Business" as Hayley Williams and didn't unlock either achievement. What gives?

Other than that, I'm enjoying this game. The guitar charts are inferior to Rock Band in general, especially in the songs that the 2 games share, but it's a good game.

Bought it as Rock Band 2 STILL isnt out here in the UK :( fucking harmonix, how hard is it to release a game over in the UK when you dont even need to localise it, was fun but I much prefer RB drums, and on Expert I'm sure they toss notes in on GHWT that dont exist, just to make the song harder, but a lot of fun, and especially having Ozzy sing your songs!

They have always tossed in non-existent notes on GH. It is less prevalent on World Tour, but it still happens. The fucked up thing is that they add notes on most songs but leave one out on "Living on a Prayer", fucking up my timing.

This game is messing with my head. I kept geting 4 and 5 stars are ever song on expert until about halfway through career mode. Then I just started failing. I switched down to hard and I'm getting 5 stars again.

Purple Haze is so awesome.

Yeah that's a fun one.

I was about ready to hunt down Sting for the opening to "Demolition Man". Way to punish those who don't spring for the new guitar! I'm about 80% of the way through guitar on Expert. Gotta get through Ozzfest and the Times Square set. I keep getting distracted by the "create your own setlist" and putting in all the 70's rock tunes. I still love playing "Band On the Run".

I got the bundle for Christmas and bought Metallica's Death Magnetic both on disc and in the downloadable content. It is SO fucking good. They have 2 different versions of Suicide & Redemption with extended guitar solos by James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett. They've become my favorite songs to play.

I got my first taste of DLC as I received a Points card for Christmas..

Nirvana pack

(You Know You're Right, Negative Creep and Silver)

Blind Melon - "No Rain"

Pretty awesome!