TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Guitar Hero World Tour

I hate wireless controllers.

At least I'm going to assume that's the reason. (Although the problems happened in store set ups as well, not 100% on whether those are wireless too or not though) The problem I've noticed is that sometimes, notes just don't seem to register. It's like the calibrations off, but considering I hit majority of the notes in the song that's not the problem. It's just one of those things where you know for a fact you hit the note at the correct time, but all of a sudden the streak ends and you're like WTF?

I hate Crazy Train. The opening, no problem. The fucking playing during the verse, a massive pain. The only other song I can't get down besides Crazy Train is Sweet Home Alabama live, for the same damn reason.

I love this game though more than Rock Band 2, which I don't why I just didn't like in the demos I played. I guess later I can still get Rock Band 2 for the songs thanks to the GH controller working but eh, so far not interested. But the adrenaline rush from hitting one of the songs 100% is pretty sweet, especially if it's a song you like.

Can't wait for the Guitar Hero: Metallica game. Need to play me some Enter Sandman and Sad but True.

Since I apparently hate variety in my video games, I'm thinking I might trade one of the various titles I got in December for this. I doubt I'll play it as much as Rock Band 2, but oh well. I play Guitar Hero III once in a while, even though it makes me feel dirty. :)

Finally beat BYOB to discover they put "Pull Me Under" by Dream Theater in the game and I didn't even know it. That made my day, although now I'm having some trouble with Satch Boogie.

It's so hard to ace the vocals in this game. On Rock Band 2, I nailed PDA and Testify with 98% and 100% on medium and on my first try. On GH, I can't get past an 85% on two of my favorite songs ever, One Armed Scissor and Obstacle 1. Holy shit.

A big bump for this as i'm finally able to afford the game. Well, I traded in a load of games, but it was worth it. I've only played the PS2 version at my girlfriends house, so it's gonna be cool having the PS3 version for myself. Can't get it until Thursday as she picked it up for me, though.

I've bumped this as I dont want to lose it & I'll have more questions about downloads.

Also, since I don't get it til tomorrow, what's the online play like on the PS3? What is there to do?

And to go along with that question, is anybody else really looking forward to GH: Metallica coming out?

I'm psyched about it coming out. They said they made the game more difficult and aimed it at the hardcore players. They even have an expert plus mode where you can play the drums with 2 foot pedals. The tracklist is pretty crazy. I was looking at it yesterday.

Yeah, same here. I'm especially looking forward to the inclusion of Thin Lizzy's 'The Boys Are Back In Town' along with the Metallica tracks, as it's one of my favourite songs ever.

Enter Sandman was just made for this sort of game. And who'd have thought we'd ever see a wrestlers entrance theme on a Guitar Hero game! Two no less, with Sting's not so shabby 'Seek and Destroy' appearing too.

Bummer.

I can't find anybody online to play, even when it searches random people.

That's because people didn't buy PS3s. And if they did, they probably only own Fifa and Pro Evo.

I'm psyched about it coming out. They said they made the game more difficult and aimed it at the hardcore players. They even have an expert plus mode where you can play the drums with 2 foot pedals. The tracklist is pretty crazy. I was looking at it yesterday.

Well, I'm screwed.

It's all in the practising my friend. A week ago, I could only just hit 5 silver stars on easy, now I have to really not be concentrating to not hit them on Medium.

Keep playing (I find playing against people online is best as you're playing a genuine challenge) and you find yourself getting better without realising.

Fingers bastard hurt though after a 900+ streak on a Tool song earlier.

Bummer.

That's because people didn't buy PS3s. And if they did, they probably only own Fifa and Pro Evo.

I own a PS3 and I've never even considered getting a soccer game, I bought it for stuff like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, MGS4, and free internet gaming. And also so I could have a reliable system that wouldn't have a good chance of fucking up everytime I tried to play it like 360's do. :ph34r:

Are the Guitar Hero World Tour periphrials compatible with Rock Band 2 as well, including the drums? I wouldn't mind owning both games, but not if I have to buy two sets of instruments.

Are the Guitar Hero World Tour periphrials compatible with Rock Band 2 as well, including the drums? I wouldn't mind owning both games, but not if I have to buy two sets of instruments.

Can someone tell me the main key differences between GH:WT and the Rock Band series?

Bummer.

I own a PS3 and I've never even considered getting a soccer game, I bought it for stuff like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, MGS4, and free internet gaming. And also so I could have a reliable system that wouldn't have a good chance of fucking up everytime I tried to play it like 360's do. :ph34r:

I was just making a broad generalisation. When the PS3 first came out when I was working in Gamestation, about 90% of the people who bought one asked when FIFA or any football game was coming out. They didn't care about any of the other titles.