Dallas @ Minnesota, 8:00

Cleveland @ New Orleans, 8:00

Memphis @ Chicago, 8:30

Oklahoma City @ Houston, 8:30

Toronto @ Milwaukee, 8:30

LA Lakers @ Denver, 9:00

LA Clippers @ Utah, 9:00

Portland @ Phoenix, 10:00 NBATV

LMAO... Lamar Odom just passed the ball to Sasha Vujacic, who was standing up at the Lakers' bench. The facial expressions were priceless. Lakers still rolling 17-9 though.

That was pretty funny.

Man, Portland looks bad so far. First quarter of the first game, but still. I could have made some of those open looks.

For anyone who didn't know, DirecTV is showing a free trial of NBA TV through November 4th. They're only showing a handful of games, but it's something.

Also, as I just learned when they showed a graphic on TNT during the Lakers game, you can watch lots of out of market games on NBA League Pass broadband, free through November 11th, at this link:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html?cid=88

Guest Vitamin X

Wonderful. Oden's injured his foot. Back to .500 you go, Blazers! (Not like they were playing that well before that happened anyways)

Lakers 96, Blazers 76

The Blazers looked terrible, but they were playing on the road against the best team in the conference. As was noted by the commentators, they have a tough early schedule, but they'll end up just fine. The injury to Oden didn't seem too serious.

I never thought the Blazers would win 50 games like a lot of analysts predicted, but I still think they'll improve their record by 3-4 games over last year and contend for the 8th playoff spot.

All in all, it was a good opening night. The Bulls won, even though I didn't get to see the game since it wasn't broadcast here, and the Lakers dominated. I'm looking forward to Lakers/Clippers tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see Bulls/Celtics on Friday (the Bulls will likely get slaughtered, anyway) unless there's a replay since it's Halloween and I'll be out.

Cavs looked alright tonight. Celtics looked as good as they should have, I think.

I didn't watch any of Bulls/Bucks, but a friend of mine mentioned that Rose looked solid, so I'm glad for that.

Pretty stoked for the NBA season to be starting back up.

Both good games tonight are on a channel I don't get. I'm stuck with Bucks/Bulls. :angry:

You get Fox Sports Milwaukee, but not TNT?

I get NBA Season Pass, but TSN2 was showing the other two games, and for whatever reason, my cable provider doesn't get that.

J.A. Adande at ESPN with the first "ZOMG ITS BILL WALTON ALL OVER AGAIN" article. It's just a foot sprain, holy shit. Adande seriously acts like he's out for the season again.

J.A. Adande at ESPN with the first "ZOMG ITS BILL WALTON ALL OVER AGAIN" article. It's just a foot sprain, holy shit. Adande seriously acts like he's out for the season again.

It is just a foot sprain, but let's keep in mind that Oden has never been healthy. He had the wrist at Ohio State, the knee last year and the foot now. Too early to make any sort of statement regarding these issues, but he hasn't yet shown that he can stay healthy.

I don't really tend to hold things like the wrist against someone, because those are freak accidents. Anything involving the knees and feet there has to be some concern, I'll agree with you, but even still that was quite the overreaction on Adande's part.

From what little I did see of Oden last night, he was agressive on the boards, and should be one of the top rebounders and shot blockers if it all pans out. But offensively, he looked pretty rough, missing a couple gimmes under the basket and throwing up a terrible baby hook that caught nothing. But if I'm watching from a Portland fan's perspective, I saw enough out of him to give me hope, he just needs to stay on the floor.

He has a lot of potential, but due to the injuries he's suffered, his offensive game is right about where Andrew Bynum's game was when he came into the league. That's a bad thing, but physically, as long he can stay healthy, he's more mature and can get further into the paint and shove the ball past defenders. Everything but dunks is pretty bad though.

I don't like the overreaction about Oden's injuries, but were I a Portland fan, I'd be very concerned about this guy's injury prone-ness.

Good game by the Raptors after a terrible start. They shot pretty badly and rebounded terribly but their defense was suffocating and the Bosh/O'Neal tandem looked great. O'Neal looked fresh and made cuts and drives to the basket that I haven't seen since about 2005. Promising start. And Roko Ukic was very good in his stints on the floor. Good start, overall.

Sixers, on the otherhand, couldn't buy a basket and looked pretty messy offensively (especially Iguadala and Dalembert who, you'd think, would be able to hit a lay up consistently). Brand looked pretty good though.

Pacers go down in Detroit, but aside from a brief period early in the 4th, kept it close throughout. They gave me plenty of hope, they just need to take better care of the ball (21 turnovers). Brandon Rush is already looking like a nice fit, playing some solid defense in the second half against Rip Hamilton. Solid performances all around, Jarrett Jack aside.

I'd also like to point out that Danny Granger currently leads the league in scoring.

For 3 and a half quarters the Knicks beat the shit out of the Heat. They allowed the Miami Heat to get a run but they held on. Great team ball, including 27 assists, open 3s, easy layups, busting ass. Some good D too.

The Knicks looked great for 3 quarters, then the game got way closer than it should have been in the 4th, but at least they held on to the win.

The offense looked really good most of the game, Miami's defense or lack thereof had something to do with it, but pretty much everyone in the 7 man rotation is a good shooter, a good passer and able to score in a few different ways. D'Antoni has everyone sharing the ball and making the extra pass, and they did a decent job pushing the ball up the court and getting some easy baskets. They shot 48% as a team, hit 9 threes, had 27 assists on 42 FGs and were active on the offensive boards. Too many turnovers, but they did a good job forcing Miami turnovers so they didn't hurt themselves too bad there. Really everyone in the 7 man rotation played well individually, but Lee, Chandler, Crawford and Randolph looked especially good.

As far as negatives go, this team is going to struggle to get stops all year. They got dominated inside by Udonis Haslem....the premier power forwards and centers around the league are going to eat them up. Dwight Howard could drop 50 on them. Hell, Al Horford could probably drop 50 on them. Lee and Randolph rebound well but they don't defend the rim at all and as a team they gave up too many second chances. The Knicks are going to be a fun team to watch this year, but if they had a stopper inside or at least an athletic shotblocking forward who could challenge people at the rim they'd really have a shot to do something this year. D'Antoni is going to try and play Jared Jeffries at center when he's healthy, which might be an upgrade, but it clearly isn't the answer.

The big surprise was that Marbury didn't play at all after playing a lot and looking pretty good in the preseason. Interesting to see where this development takes us.

Josh Smith comes out the blocks with 17-10-5 blocks - 4 steals. And the Hawks win.

The suns won, the Knicks won (I have to kinda adopt them because I am still pissed about the way the Suns got rid of a superior coach who supposedly didn't coach defense)

Pretty good opening night for me.

Damn... that was a slaughter. Lakers 117, Clippers 79. 7 Lakers in double figures, and all 12 active players on the team had at least 4 points.

Josh Smith comes out the blocks with 17-10-5 blocks - 4 steals. And the Hawks win.

The suns won, the Knicks won (I have to kinda adopt them because I am still pissed about the way the Suns got rid of a superior coach who supposedly didn't coach defense)

Pretty good opening night for me.

Be careful, Rip... Certain people here like to call people out and claim that they're not real fans if they support more than one team. :rolleyes:

Eh, Everyone should have a east coast/west coast/afc/nfc team.

i am just adding the Knicks because I really want Mike to show people they don't know shit about basketball and what a great coach he is. And that the Suns getting freakishly better defensively when Amare Stoudmire missed a season was not a coincidence.

Be careful, Rip... Certain people here like to call people out and claim that they're not real fans if they support more than one team. :rolleyes:

Don't you get tired of playing the victim? It's the fact that you like the Bulls and the Lakers, not that you like two teams, idiot.

Eh, Everyone should have a east coast/west coast/afc/nfc team.

Even though I like the Leafs and Canucks, I don't agree with that.

While I probably won't be following the Nets too closely this year, it's good to see Yi get off to a great start. CDR didn't score though, which sucks

Yeah, well, not have to, but there should be no problem in it. Unless you are like a Giants and Jets fan. Or Sox and Cubs fan. Or Lakers and Celtics fan. You can be fans of both sides of a rivalry. Thats just lame.

Does anyone know of a website that reports lineup changes for teams? Like news about last minute starting lineup changes, or every once in a while when a player gets a DNP for some minor injury or whatever? This of course, is for my fantasy basketball team.