TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Rotoworld.com is good for that. The site gives frequent updates and analysis on what you should expect from players.

The Lakers signed Andrew Bynum to a four year extension worth a cool 58 million bucks. 42 million over the first three years, and a team option for 16 million in the fourth which will undoubtedly be picked up.

Good deal for both sides, and Bynum will only be 25 or 26 when the deal expires, which means he could be looking at two more big contracts (probably max deals by that point) over the course of his career.

Everyone seems to love Bynum, but shouldn't he do something before he earns that big contract extension. His resume consists of 1/4 of a good season so far. It's not like the team would ever be in danger of losing him anyways.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be paying so much, but with the NBA having become what it has become, if we didn't, someone else would have once he hit RFA time. Might as well just get it over with now rather than wait to match the offer sheet.

I've refrained from saying anything about the team at this juncture, but having the two big men in at the same time is fun to watch. And so is the new defensive scheme Phil has been working on. Nothing to complain about.

Terrible follow up to a promising start the other night. And of course Elton Brand killed them, 24 points on 12-19 shooting. The Knicks had a terrible night shooting and this looks like a team that simply can't compete if they're not knocking their shots down.

My worry is that if nights like this are a common occurrence over the first couple weeks Marbury's benching is going to become a bigger distraction. D'Antoni kind of put himself in a no win situation the way he handled this. I wouldn't have had a problem with Marbury being in the rotation from the start, but now that D'Antoni has made it clear he's not in the plans he has to stick to his guns. If they have more shitty nights like this the Marbury situation is going to be a bigger topic of conversation, and it could begin to divide the team or cause D'Antoni to lose some of the players. I was hoping they could get out to a great start and he would become a non-issue. This would be the worst case scenario, but this is the Knicks, we've been dealing with the worst case scenario for three or four years now.

Granger losing his front teeth diving for a loose ball against Paul Pierce makes me happier. I love that hunger and desperation in a player. Good win today, they just ran over the top of the Celtics. I was very, very excited watching the game today.

Clippers need to fire Mike Dunleavy.

The Clippers are by far the worst second half team in the league. This shit happened last year and it is happening again.

They have been outscored by 24, 28 (including overtime), and 18 points in the second half of the first three games.

Camby and Baron are out but there is no excuse to get manhandled like that.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I saw the highlight with Granger's teeth. I'm not a big basketball fan by any measure, but any time a player's spittin' chiclets, I'm all for it.