TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BX

NFL Preliminary Hall of Fame 09 List

Instead of debating college lit class terminology, I'm curious who you think is in the HOF that isn't worthy and/or actively discredits it.

While I understand why he is in, I don't think Michael Irvin deserved an induction.

Guess no one noticed that the Hall of Fame finalists were announced a couple weeks ago. The inductees will be announced on Jan. 31st.

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Dermontti Dawson – Center – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Richard Dent – Defensive End – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles

Russ Grimm – Guard – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins

Bob Hayes – Wide Receiver – 1965-1974 Dallas Cowboys, 1975 San Francisco 49ers

Claude Humphrey – Defensive End – 1968-1978 Atlanta Falcons, 1979-1981 Philadelphia Eagles

Cortez Kennedy – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks

Bob Kuechenberg – Guard – 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins

Randall McDaniel – Guard – 1988-1999 Minnesota Vikings, 2000-01 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

John Randle – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks

Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Shannon Sharpe – Tight End – 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens

Bruce Smith – Defensive End – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000-03 Washington Redskins

Paul Tagliabue – Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League

Derrick Thomas – Linebacker – 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs

Ralph Wilson – Team Founder/Owner – 1960-Present Buffalo Bills

Rod Woodson – Cornerback/Safety – 1987-1996 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers, 1998-2001 Baltimore Ravens, 2002-03 Oakland Raiders

Link

Given that as of recently, it seems the "golden" number is around 5 inductees... here are my predictions

DE Bruce Smith

TE Shannon Sharpe

CB/S Rod Woodson

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue

LB Derrick Thomas

Note: I'm wavering on Woodson/Cris Carter. I have a feeling Carter will have to wait a year (or even 2) before he gets in.

Class of 2009:

Bruce Smith

Rod Woodson

Randall McDaniel

Derrick Thomas

Bob Hayes (it's about fucking time)

Ralph Wilson

Tagliabue apparently wasn't close again.

Do the voters just have something against guys who catch passes for a living? I don't see how you can have a HOF that took almost 10 years to recognize Art Monk, made Michael Irvin wait, and hasn't put in Carter or Sharpe on the first ballot. I wonder if Jerry Rice will have to wait too.

Guest Vitamin X

No way in hell that Rice should wait.

But the HOF does seem to have a boner for linemen. I think even Randall McDaniel is going, "Seriously?"

Glad to see Derrick Thomas make the cut this time around.

Carter getting snubbed again is ridiculous, though. I thought Shannon was a gimme too, but maybe guys who were only the second best all-time at their position don't deserve to go in so quickly.

I can't believe Sharpe didn't get in.

Woodson was by far the best of all these players, but still, Shannon Sharpe left out? What a joke.

I don't particularly like what he's done with the team, I don't like that he plastered his own name on the stadium instead of selling naming rights to make money and then cried poor, I don't like how he's basically admitted the team's moving as soon after he dies as possible thanks to virtually no contingency plan, but I'm still glad Wilson got in before he died. That's the only reason he got in this year over some of the other candidates, they didn't think he'd make it to 2010. Hell I'm sure a lot of them don't think he'll make it to the induction in August.

I say we all trash the HOF in a militant style...

I'm pissed off, lets all get drunk and trash that bitch in honor of Cris Carter's legacy. The only WR I've seen who was better then him was Jerry Rice. Even though Cris big up's Moss like a mad man, he was better then him!

Fuck everyone! This is EHME, and I'll say it proudly!

I was surprised that Thomas and McDaniel made it, but I believe they both deserved to get in. I think the max number for enshrinement was 7, so they could've bumped Wilson and got Carter and Sharpe in. I'd love to hear an explanation from the people who didn't vote for them.