TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

Survivor Series has always been about...unique...team ups.

Like, back in 1990, you had Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and...of all people...Koko B. Ware vs. Ted DiBiase, The Honky Tonk Man, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and a newcomer back then Undertaker.

Like, back in 1990, you had Dusty Rhodes, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and...of all people...Koko B. Ware vs. Ted DiBiase, The Honky Tonk Man, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and a newcomer back then Undertaker.

Speaking of Survivor Series, the Grand Finale of Survival is a cool.

Speaking of Survivor Series, the Grand Finale of Survival is a cool.

Yeah.

I would love to see them do that again.

Screw title matches on Survivor Series. They didn't need them before 91, we can do without them now.

Screw title matches on Survivor Series. They didn't need them before 91, we can do without them now.

You kind of do though, since the reason they started not making the shows all about elimination matches is because the novelty wore thin.

A friend and I were discussing Umaga the other night. We thought it would be funny to have Umaga bump into Manu at Survivor Series or something, and say in a quiet, normal voice, "poser".

Wait, who would say "poser"...Manu or Umaga?

Umaga

Found this on lordsofpain.net:

-- WWE wrestler

Ted DiBiase, Jr. recently married in Mississippi. DiBiase married Kristen Tynes in Madison, Mississippi on Thursday, October 30. The Clinton Administration blog has details on the wedding, which you can read at the following link. This could explain his angle with Randy Orton putting him out of action.

You wouldn't have to completely "civilize" Umaga...just have him start talking a bit. They could make the first time he speaks English kind of a big deal, like when Kane first spoke.

Really I'm surprised Umaga hasn't been stuck in a tag team at this point.

I don't care for this presale preference of giving someone ordering one ticket better seats than someone ordering two.

Although perseverance seems to be paying off - I finally got a lower bowl offer.

Found this on lordsofpain.net:

-- WWE wrestler

Ted DiBiase, Jr. recently married in Mississippi. DiBiase married Kristen Tynes in Madison, Mississippi on Thursday, October 30. The Clinton Administration blog has details on the wedding, which you can read at the following link. This could explain his angle with Randy Orton putting him out of action.

Him and his brothers all got married the same day.

Man, I almost gave in to an upper deck row 6 middle of the arena offer (I kept "No Deal"-ing off to the side lower bowl row 20s) but when I said "ok, last try" I ended up with row 6 floor seats. Great success.

Man, I almost gave in to an upper deck row 6 middle of the arena offer (I kept "No Deal"-ing off to the side lower bowl row 20s) but when I said "ok, last try" I ended up with row 6 floor seats. Great success.

I can't stand the ticketmaster ticket offering system. Several years back, a friend and I were trying to get tickets to a Smackdown taping (the one before Armageddon 2004 with the awesome Eddy/Undertaker/Booker T vs JBL's Cabinet, main event). About 6 times in a row, I had been offered the same tickets in the level just off the floor, about 8 or so rows up. I figured I would give it one more shot, and ended up with 3rd row floor sets straight across from the camera. Why floor and next-section-up tickets cost the same, I will never know, but needless to say it's still the most fun I've ever had at a wrestling show.

You kind of do though, since the reason they started not making the shows all about elimination matches is because the novelty wore thin.

I think if they gave the gimmick to a lesser PPV, it could work. They seem to be gearing towards "gimmick-filled PPVs" and having an Ultimate Survival kind of PPV wouldn't be a terrible idea, I think.

Besides, it's been a lot of years. I think the novelty wearing thin isn't valid any more.

Batista, Punk, Kingston, Jeff and Matt Hardy/R-Truth (depends if they want to do a ECW title match)

Vs

Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick/Mark Henry

Almost spot on, sir. From GERWECK.net...

- Another traditional Survivor Series five on five match was announced during the Smackdown! tapings yesterday. Batista will captain his team which also includes tag team champions CM Punk and Kofi Kingston, ECW champion Matt Hardy and R-Truth to take on team captain Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, US champion Shelton Benjamin, IC champion William Regal and Mark Henry. (thanks to Colin Vassallo and Adam Farrand)

I can't stand the ticketmaster ticket offering system. Several years back, a friend and I were trying to get tickets to a Smackdown taping (the one before Armageddon 2004 with the awesome Eddy/Undertaker/Booker T vs JBL's Cabinet, main event). About 6 times in a row, I had been offered the same tickets in the level just off the floor, about 8 or so rows up. I figured I would give it one more shot, and ended up with 3rd row floor sets straight across from the camera. Why floor and next-section-up tickets cost the same, I will never know, but needless to say it's still the most fun I've ever had at a wrestling show.

So wait, it gives you a random seating?

I remember I was going to a RAW house show in Wildwood and the first time I got floor seats fairly close. But I took too long in purchasing them due to some real life debates with the person I was going with about payment method and such...so we had to go again. And the next tickets we got were at least a row closer, and right next to the aisle so we could see. I mean, there was still the problem of fans running up to the barricade so they could snap photos of wrestlers, but I had fun and I got awesome pictures of Punk with the WHC (sadly, they're a bit blurry because I had to take them real quick, off topic, if anyone knows a way I can fix that, let me know via PM).

So anyway, like I was asking, there's no real order to the seats they offer you?

It always blows when everybody is anticipating a high-risk move and it becomes time for the crowd to stand on its feet. ROH shows kinda suck when it comes to situations like that, but MMA events, where a lot of the action is on the mat, are the absolute woooooorst!

I had row 17 on the floor once and it was fine (save for it being a house show and people holding up signs). I also had row 4 and it was the best ever. I figure 6 is not bad (though honestly I was hoping for the centre lower bowl).

I was last row of the floor section next to the aisle, furthest away from the railing at No Mercy 04. It really wasn't that bad, actually. It did involve a lot of standing of course, but there weren't any signs in the way all night or anything.

At Survivor Series this year, I have row 2 on the floor in the aisle section next to the camera side. I'm either going to be seated very close to the railing or very far, depending on how the seat numbers are organized.

So Venk, are you on camera side for the Rumble?

At Mohegan Sun, I was in the lower section in the first row; which was in a row all by myself. (I used to go to wrestling events by myself because at the time none of my friends liked wrestling) I got to put my feet up on the railing and had the best seat in the house.

Anyone notice at WWE.com, that UFC 91 is advertised all over the place? Maybe because it's Brock and they were hoping to get WWE audience, but I never would have thought WWE would have allowed them the space. Yes, money is money. But don't they consider UFC "competition?"

I was last row of the floor section next to the aisle, furthest away from the railing at No Mercy 04. It really wasn't that bad, actually. It did involve a lot of standing of course, but there weren't any signs in the way all night or anything.

At Survivor Series this year, I have row 2 on the floor in the aisle section next to the camera side. I'm either going to be seated very close to the railing or very far, depending on how the seat numbers are organized.

So Venk, are you on camera side for the Rumble?

If I'm to believe the seating chart (I had originally almost passed at the tickets, confused as where section "M" was as the floor only went to section K - I then realized "MF A" meant "A - Main Floor"), I'm behind the announce tables, but off to the side.

22972s.gif

A co-worker was telling me this morning that he had to buy tickets from a second party for more money and it sounds like we're in the same section, so I felt good about that.

Out of those, i'd pick 121/122 or 107/108 if I were to go to a show. they seem like some darn nice seats.

Those are ideal, yes.

Funny story - the co-worker I said paid more money for his tickets because TM was being stupid with him? He paid double my price to sit 7 rows behind me. He's real excited about that too, so hopefully he still manages a good view. I think having to look to the left to see the ring will be a good thing, allows for a good ramp view too.

Just saw former Smackdown Super....Entertainer "The Shooter" Brent Albright, (formerly known as Gunner Scott) on an NWA taping on a channel I didn't know I had. Guy's put on some weight since leaving WWE, but he had a pretty decent match against someone who's name I don't remember. He won the match with a snap German suplex, followed by a very unique submission which looked like a combination of the Rings of Saturn and the Crossface.