TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

Maybe this is the year of the tag team inductions; the Funks, the Freebirds, Demolition, the Legion of Doom (fuck it, I only saw them in the WWF, they're the LOD to me)...Strike Force, maybe? Brain Busters?

As most of you probably know by now, a story recently surfaced regarding a number of WWE wrestlers being confronted about failing marijuana tests as officials are said to be fed up with the problem. The failures are not considered violations of the Wellness Policy, but rather, simply result in a $1,000 fine. However, a couple of wrestlers were told outright to stop using now and warned them discipline for use is going to get a lot more serious soon.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted one wrestler in particular as failing for pot 11 or 12 times not to mention that his push of not that long ago was stopped.

Wrestling news website ProWrestling. net reported the wrestler in question as a SmackDown wrestler. We can finally identify the wrestler in question.

According to sources backstage, the wrestler in question who failed a dozen tests for pot is Brian Kendrick, whose push has leveled off in recent weeks. Kendrick is said to be a frequent marijuana smoker who happily pays the fines to continue his habit.

Amidst the story of WWE's marijuana crackdown, the Pro Wrestling Torch noted that one wrestler was let go this year as a result of his marijuana habit, at least on top of a few other things. The wrestler in question is Trevor Murdoch, who was released this past July. Murdoch is said to be a frequent marijuana smoker.

I knew my boy Kendrick was a pot smoker the first time I ever saw him. While I respect his position and feel he shouldn't be punished for his actions, I am still disappointed that he's not responsible enough to take a break to sustain the biggest push of his career. Priorities, man.

Survivor Series 2006 was at least amusing for the DX/Hardys/Punk side absolutely squashing the Rated RKO side. Hilarious.

I always got a kick out of HBK pinning Knox in about 5 seconds and then asking who was that.

I was actually hoping that during the opening segment on Raw, Shawn would look at Knox say "who's that guy?". The match was amusing, but on paper it could have been so much more.

Oh of course it could have been a better match, but do we want that or do we want Edge, Orton, and Co. to just get the crap beat out of them?

Survivor Series 2006 also had a reasonably fun match with Cena/Lashley/RVD/Sabu vs. Big Show and a bunch of guys.

Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly watch the show again if it came in a box set (get on it, WWE) and I hardly think it was as awful as bobby says it is, but... meh.

The first match is terrible with Flair being down 3 on 1, somehow winning...and the Spirit Squad just beat him up anyway.

Benoit-Chavo is fine.

Mickie-Lita I don't remember, but the Cryme Tyme bit goes on way too long.

DX-RKO is an abortion. A 10 minute comedy match instead of what could've been an epic elimination match?

Kennedy-Taker is decent.

The other elimination match is amateur hour, with the rules just thrown out at random points.

Booker-Batista was during the phase where Batista was just awful.

Awful show.

Tiger Ali Singh is returning to wrestling in Japan for HUSTLE. He doesn't really say anything negative about WWE, despite filing a $7 million lawsuit against them in 2002.

http://www.miltoncanadianchampion.com/news/article/220382

Former WCW and WWE personality, Torrie Wilson, confirmed in a shoot interview that she was indeed fired by WWE in November 2005, but she was re-signed two days later.

Completely random, but Netflix's cast list for Unforgiven 2008 made me crack up in the middle of class.

Among the names appearing at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena are Kane, Mean Mark Callous, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, C.M. Punk, Big Show and Matt Hardy.

A) I loved Demolition but I don't see how they're HOF material.

B) I've already stated my stance on the ganja thing, but good on Kendrick for happily paying the fines to keep on smoking. It sounds like something I'd do, myself. :P

C) Ugh, Tiger Ali.. does this guy ever go away? YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT WRESTLING! (and not even the garbage kind like daddy)

Demolition was the 1st (?) team to three peat as champs (Fuck did the Samoans?...too lazy to check)

and controled the belts for from Apr 88 til Apr 90, the only real reason I can see them not inducted is cause of Eadie's lawsuit

True, true. But honestly.. I can think of a lot of wrestlers who deserve to be in there before WWE's first crack at an LOD of their own. Rick Martel for one. Which reminds me.. they just did a "Where are they now" story on him over at WWE.com. I wonder if that's any indication that he'll be in the class for this year?

Also - Mr. Fuji & Prof. Tanaka were the first team to three-peat. The Samoans after that. Then Demolition. Demolition did have the longest reign of all time though so I guess that counts for something. Here's something bizarre.. both the Spirit Squad and Holly/Rhodes are in the top 20 of longest World Tag Team Title reigns. Any other "current generation" tag teams are quite a ways down the list.

From the Torch Website

Trish Stratus Open to Returning:

Trish Stratus retired from WWE at the Unforgiven PPV on September 17, 2006 to pursue life outside of wrestling. Now, she might be eyeing a return to the ring two years later.

I've heard that Beth Phoenix and this new Diva Natalya have talked [trash] about me," Stratus said coyly in an interview on WWE's website. "I've said it before, but if they ever decided to call me out, I wouldn't hesitate to step into the ring."

Stratus recently completed filming for her reality TV travel show, "Stratusphere," which currently airs in Canada on the Travel + Escape channel. The show runs on Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. EST.

From the Torch Website

Trish Stratus Open to Returning:

Trish Stratus retired from WWE at the Unforgiven PPV on September 17, 2006 to pursue life outside of wrestling. Now, she might be eyeing a return to the ring two years later.

I've heard that Beth Phoenix and this new Diva Natalya have talked [trash] about me," Stratus said coyly in an interview on WWE's website. "I've said it before, but if they ever decided to call me out, I wouldn't hesitate to step into the ring."

Stratus recently completed filming for her reality TV travel show, "Stratusphere," which currently airs in Canada on the Travel + Escape channel. The show runs on Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. EST.

I guess her career after the WWE didn't go too well. I kind of figured that the acting thing wasn't going to happen for her.

From the "25th Anniversary of WrestleMania" Calendar:

Royal Rumble: January 25th- Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI

No Way Out: February 15th- Key Arena, Seattle WA

Wrestlemania 25: April 5th- Reliant Stadium, Houston TX

Backlash: April 26th- Dunkin' Donuts Center, Providence RI

Judgment Day: May 17th- Allstate Arena, Chicago IL

One Night Stand: June 7th- New Orleans Arena, New Orleans LA

Night Of Champions: June 28th- ARCO Arena, Sacramento, CA

Great American Bash: July 26th- Wachovia Center, Philadelphia PA

Summerslam: August 23rd- Staples Center, Los Angeles CA

Unforgiven: September 13th- Bell Centre, Montreal CAN

No Mercy: October 4th- Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh PA

Cyber Sunday: October 25th- IZOD Center, East Rutherford NJ

Survivor Series: November 22nd- Verizon Center, Washington DC

This will be the first PPV in New Orleans since 2001, while Montreal gets a PPV for the first time since 2003.

I guess her career after the WWE didn't go too well. I kind of figured that the acting thing wasn't going to happen for her.

She's actually keeping busy away from wrestling, but I bet it's a case of her investments taking a shitkicking and her retirement nest egg isn't looking so hot right now. I think the wwe would welcome her back with open arms. Trish and Gail would be a real shot in the arm to the division, however if Jim Ross is telling the truth and the Divas are catty as hell, there will surely be drama if some lose their spot to the returning Trish and Gail.

Was Trish one of the girls to get her implants removed upon retiring?

I wish wwe would do more with Katie Lea.

DX-RKO is an abortion. A 10 minute comedy match instead of what could've been an epic elimination match?

I think bob_barron is a nice guy, and when I see him in person, I'm going to shake his hand.

But he is right in this case.

He said he was going to beat you up for being a homosexual. Technically I just saved him from being arrested for a hate crime. You have to read the post with a stereotypical black voice, then read the italics as a stuffy white guy to get the full comedy effect.