TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

Maybe it's just because I'm too much of a wrestling nerd, but the term "Oscar nominated" immediately had this come to mind:

09.jpg

Damn, now I think all "Oscar nominated" movies need him to approve of them in a rap song.

I'll tell you what I can't wait for... the eventual Kizarny vs. Boogeyman feud.

Feel the need to share this with you guys.

Check out the related videos for other themes.

At the rate MVP's jobbing, WWE might have him come out to that theme soon.

Too bad Summerslam has degraded itself to just another PPV. I'd go if the card was good, but the name itself isn't enough anymore.

Not at all. Summerslam's had big matches the past few years.

Hogan-Orton and the blowoff to Flair-Foley are fairly big matches I'd say.

No they werent...

Orton at that time wasnt even close to being as good he is now, on the mic and in the ring. At that point in time he was pretty much considered a huge dissapointment. The Hogan/Orton match was crap as was the build up. No one gave a shit about it.

Foley/Flair whole feud was one big dissapointment. It could've been a lot better then what it was.

Not to mention that flair/foley match was pretty good.

Hogan-Orton and the blowoff to Flair-Foley are fairly big matches I'd say.

No they werent...

Orton at that time wasnt even close to being as good he is now, on the mic and in the ring. At that point in time he was pretty much considered a huge dissapointment. The Hogan/Orton match was crap as was the build up. No one gave a shit about it.

Foley/Flair whole feud was one big dissapointment. It could've been a lot better then what it was.

This. Hogan/Orton was SO HUGE it midcarded. Flair/Foley was SO HUGE it midcarded. The main event was only because it was in Cena's hometown, and he lost. Big deal. Summerslam 2006 was nothing special.

SummerSlam 2006 WAS pretty plain jane, but on paper the idea was it had your Hogan, your Foley/Flair, your DX vs. McMahons "blow off" match (which it wasn't). Paper is very important.

Orton at that time wasnt even close to being as good he is now, on the mic and in the ring. At that point in time he was pretty much considered a huge dissapointment [sic]. The Hogan/Orton match was crap as was the build up. No one gave a shit about it.

I disagree. He had just gone over Angle and was starting to get heat. The feud was hurt by Hogan's injury, but I think anytime Hogan wrestles, it's a big match.

Foley/Flair whole feud was one big dissapointment [sic]. It could've been a lot better then what it was.

While the feud was rushed, I really enjoyed it. I loved Foley's heel work in 2006.

Hogan/Orton was SO HUGE it midcarded. Flair/Foley was SO HUGE it midcarded.

Match placement isn't a huge barometre. You also had DX v. The McMahons and Batista's first shot at the belt.

I don't think Batista's "first shot at the belt" was such a big deal, even then. It WAS a bigger PPV than normal, I will definitely give you that, but it could have been called GAB and no one would have known the difference. I will agree that Summerslam has gotten back some of its magic these last few years, at least, and I enjoyed SS2007 and 2008 a lot more, but 2006 was definitely average, unfortunately.

Regarding the earlier discussion of Orton, I've become a huge fan his lately. It's amazing what a simple change of entrance music (his is the best in WWE, IMO), and a few tattoos will do.

Regarding the earlier discussion of Orton, I've become a huge fan his lately. It's amazing what a simple change of entrance music (his is the best in WWE, IMO), and a few tattoos will do.

I've thought Orton was severely underrated by a lot of people for a while now. I understand there was backlash because of how hard he was pushed, but the man is a complete package as far as being a main event level heel.

I always thought Maven shaved his head because he was bald. And he still doesn't know what to do with his eye brows - they we're a pet peeve of mine before and they still are - they always look feminine.

I bet Goldust is getting himself into some sort of shape. He should be spending hours on the treadmill. The Original creepy movie quoting Goldust character is one of my all-time favorites. It sounds like he's bring brought back as a mid-card comedy act which is unfortunate. How will he work with Cody Rhodes on the same roster?