TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

According to PWInsider.com, Gail Kim and Melina are scheduled to be in the arena at tonight’s Raw tapings in Providence, Rhode Island. One or both are expected to appear on the live broadcast tonight.

SD! needs the women's division help. Kim would have been a great centerpiece for the brand. Maybe Mickie James could be sent there - she's basically played out on Raw these days. And get Katie Lea on television and a push.

According to PWInsider.com, Gail Kim and Melina are scheduled to be in the arena at tonight’s Raw tapings in Providence, Rhode Island. One or both are expected to appear on the live broadcast tonight.

SD! needs the women's division help. Kim would have been a great centerpiece for the brand. Maybe Mickie James could be sent there - she's basically played out on Raw these days. And get Katie Lea on television and a push.

Just because they'll show up on RAW doesn't mean anything. The SD divas are "feuding" with the RAW ones, and if that feud is not over (which it may be, who knows), then they can show up on RAW to align with SD.

- Word going around is that William Regal was eliminated from his match last night so fast because he is suffering from a very bad case of the flu.

Found that in some report on gerweck. I know some of the board were upset about that last night.

These are the rumored wrestlemania plans going around, Meltz is being credited but who knows.

--Steve Austin vs. John Cena

--Edge vs. Jeff Hardy, WWE Title Match

--Batista vs. Randy Orton, World Heavyweight Title Match

--Triple H vs. Undertaker

--Team WWE versus Team NFL

These are the rumored wrestlemania plans going around, Meltz is being credited but who knows.

The first three sound awsome (esp. if Matt and Christian get involved in the Jeff/Edge fued), HHH vs. UT will be interesting if only for the amount of overbooking, and I guess Vince wants to kind of relive WM II for some reason.

If by 'rumored' you mean a random person asking about the aforementioned match and Meltzer saying it could happen, etc, then that's accurate. Except for the Team WWE vs. Team NFL thing, which I haven't heard anyone bring up.

I'd rather see Austin vs Orton, Edge, etc. Someone who's a solid heel who can play out an interesting storyline with Austin that is more than the dream match deal.

Meltzer made the point in the post-SS Observer show, that there was no tease of a possible Wrestlemania direction on the PPV. Often, if WWE have a solid idea of where they're going for Wrestlemania, they do some kind of tease in that direction at Survivor Series to start the slow build, but there was nothing done.

Meltzer made the point in the post-SS Observer show, that there was no tease of a possible Wrestlemania direction on the PPV. Often, if WWE have a solid idea of where they're going for Wrestlemania, they do some kind of tease in that direction at Survivor Series to start the slow build, but there was nothing done.

Edge/Hardy doesn't qualify as a potential direction?

It might, but he was talking about a specific backstage deal, and he referenced the time a few years ago where Goldberg and Lesnar crossed paths at Survivor Series as a foreshadowing of their Wrestlemania encounter.

Maybe because they don't really have anything where they really need a slow burn to start. Most of the programs that could happen at Mania seem to be contained within the brands that are currently set up (as in, I don't see a major cross brand match except for maybe HBK/Taker). Most of the times when they did those teases, it was with guys of different shows, that Survivor Series would be the first show together after the summer programs end.

I'd love to be backstage when they go over the end to this one. For some reason, due to 'Taker supposed disdain for HHH, I predict there being an army of lawyers backstage representing both sides, trying to compromise on a finish.

John Cena vs Stone Cold Steve Austin? Wow, I can't wait to see the fan backlash on this one. This could probably get Rock vs Hogan levels of heat.

OH DEAR GOD NO!

*fears for Taker's WM streak*

Slammyawards coming back? SWEET! :D Maybe we should have a spin off topic for our predictions/nominations? Anyone know the categories?

Shocking Moment of the Year

Diva of the Year

Superstar of the Year

Surely there's more then that?

Wonder if anyone will carry them around like Owen Hart used to, that used to crack me up.

It might, but he was talking about a specific backstage deal, and he referenced the time a few years ago where Goldberg and Lesnar crossed paths at Survivor Series as a foreshadowing of their Wrestlemania encounter.

Also Angle/Michaels, who didn't really cross paths but Angle just said something along the lines of "I'd beat him in 5 minutes" to Edge.

Clearly the build to Carlito/Primo vs. The Bella Twins has begun.

Team WWE vs. Team NFL? What...?

Because WWE can't get enough of pointing out football teams in attendance almost every week.

Cole:"It's the San Diego Chargers!"

*Chargers play-wrestle with each other in the crowd*

Lawler:"Oh my gosh!"

HHH vs Taker would be interesting because you wouldn't know who was going to win, which you can't say about UT's recent WM matches. I mean common sense says Undertaker isn't losing his streak, especially in his "hometown", but this is HHH we're talking about.

I too think we could have Edge vs Hardy, with Hardy finally going over and getting his title as the fade to black moment of the show.

Cena vs Austin doesn't make sense unless Austin is going to make fun of Cena's new Stuart Smalley-esque crowd pandering. I think we could see HBK vs Cena, and should Austin wrestle it will be against an up and comer. I'd love to see a Punk and a "I'm Straight Edge and I'm better than you" heel turn to work against Austin, Austin is friendly with Ken Kennedy, and MVP is said to have a lot of respect for the history of the business.

HHH vs Taker would be interesting because you wouldn't know who was going to win, which you can't say about UT's recent WM matches. I mean common sense says Undertaker isn't losing his streak, especially in his "hometown", but this is HHH we're talking about.

I too think we could have Edge vs Hardy, with Hardy finally going over and getting his title as the fade to black moment of the show.

Cena vs Austin doesn't make sense unless Austin is going to make fun of Cena's new Stuart Smalley-esque crowd pandering. I think we could see HBK vs Cena, and should Austin wrestle it will be against an up and comer. I'd love to see a Punk and a "I'm Straight Edge and I'm better than you" heel turn to work against Austin, Austin is friendly with Ken Kennedy, and MVP is said to have a lot of respect for the history of the business.

I think Austin could have an acceptable match with Kennedy since they're backstage buddies and all. It probably wouldn't get epic levels of crowd heat, especially with Kennedy appearing as a face last night on RAW, but people who get along seem to generate better matches than those who can't stand each other.

Personally, I think Austin would only come out of retirement for his "final" match if he could put on one for the ages, and I don't really think Kennedy has it in him. Punk vs Austin would definitely be interesting.

Haha, I like how you discredit the idea of a Austin vs. Kennedy match and then immediately express the idea of Austin vs. CM Punk.

I love the Internet!

Meltz and Alverez both said the company has no clue where they are going for WM, speculation was Austin would wrestle and be the main draw, and Tista and Cena might face for a rubber match or 2nd match...

No idea where that earlier list came from...

Haha, I like how you discredit the idea of a Austin vs. Kennedy match and then immediately express the idea of Austin vs. CM Punk.

I love the Internet!

I never said Punk vs Austin would be good. I simply said it would be interesting, since Canadian Dragon brought up the whole Straight-Edge heel thing.

If Austin comes back as the same ol' broken record I'd rather just leave him retired. However if he was motivated for one last match and wanted to get out of the time machine, may I suggest Chris Jericho as his feud opponent. Heck the feud could even start with Jericho mocking Austin still living in the Attitude Era, spouting off the same catchphrases - it would fit Jericho's character right now perfectly.

Jericho and HBK basically wrote their own sotryline together, let Jericho and Austin do the same.