TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

I thought the NFL basically wasn't letting any of their guys do wrestling anymore. See the Pacman fiasco in TNA.

I don't know about that. It seemed more like the NFL thought that by doing TNA, Pacman was bringing attention to himself, when he should be staying out of the spotlight.

If Austin comes back the only person I would like him to face is Cena. The crowd heat would be immense. Austin facing anyone else wouldn't really excite me.

Wonder if anyone will carry them around like Owen Hart used to, that used to crack me up.

That part would probably be played by Santino :angry:

Ah, you're right, it just wouldn't be the same. What cracked me up when Owen did was the smugness of having won them - even the one he stole! Plus he didn't ham it up, and had Tag Team gold too. Ah damn, now I miss Owen Hart again, his character was awesome and so underplayed, I can't even put my finger on it he was just a great heel.

Here's to you, Slammy Award Winner, Owen Hart!

Anyone think that Cena-Austin could replicate the heat from Rock-Austin Wrestlemania X-7?

Anyone thing that Cena-Austin could replicate the heat from Rock-Austin Wrestlemania X-7?

Oh yes. Wouldn't be as good as a match, but the heat would be nuts.

Love him or hate him, Cena is the modern day heat machine. Even the most dead of crowds go nuts one way or the other for him.

Austin in what would be his first match in six years. In front of 70,000 people in his home state.

Yeah, I think they might be able to get a pop from the crowd here and there.

Anyone thing that Cena-Austin could replicate the heat from Rock-Austin Wrestlemania X-7?

Austin/Cena wouldn't beat ** ????

Not necessarily. It also depends on the city where the match is held. Rock/Hogan wouldn't have gotten the reaction it received in Toronto anywhere else.. except maybe NYC or Philly.

http://davidbix.com/?p=25

Rob Naylor co-hosts a Thanksgiving weekend spectacular where we interview one of of the World Tag Team Champions, former World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk! A great show (with them carrying me at times) where Punk discusses his past as an independent wrestler, his matches with John Morrison, burying the hatchet with Teddy Hart, having a bunch of merchandise, and much more, including a hilarious Tony Garea story that includes a fine vocal impersonation. Plus, Punk hands the phone to his good friend François Kevorkian (who may or may not be the same one who mixed for Depeche Mode) for a fascinating and enlightening discussion. Almost 80 minutes of the most (self?-)important Loser Leaves Town Podcast EVER!

Not necessarily. It also depends on the city where the match is held. Rock/Hogan wouldn't have gotten the reaction it received in Toronto anywhere else.. except maybe NYC or Philly.

I was under the impression the question was about their potential WM25 match, which would be in the same city as Rock/Austin was.

WWE.com has the top 25 Entourages on their site:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/top25entourages/

Freebirds get #24 but the Dungeon of Doom is #8? Wow, someone really hates Michael Hayes on their site. :P

I was just looking at that list. It's a shame the wwe doesn't seem to see the value in factions or managers anymore. But with the talent pool deep and the spots scarce I guess they can demand the total package from each wrestler.

Hart Foundation isn't #1 either, though damn do I miss Brian Pillman, Owen and Davey Boy. I wonder if this is up here because "The Foundation" of DH Smith, TJ Wilson and Nattie Neidhart are set to debut in December.

I'd put nWo at #1, The Four Horsemen at #2 and then it starts breaking down fro there. Freebirds at #24 is silly though - theiy're Top 10 easily, it must be a rib. Nation of Domination should be much higher than 18 as well, because "Die Rockey Die" launched The Rock.

Where is Los Boriquas and Disciples of Apocalypse?