TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

ufc92-poster.jpg

MAIN CARD

Champ Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans (for UFC light heavyweight title)

Champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir (for interim UFC heavyweight title)

C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio

Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva

Mustafa Al-Turk vs. Cheick Kongo

PRELIMINARY CARD

Dean Lister vs. Yushin Okami

Mark Burch vs. Antoni Hardonk

Reese Andy vs. Matt Hamill

Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan

Pat Berry vs. Dan Evensen

I'm pretty sure Rampage/Wand 3 is on for 92 as well. It's been rumored for 3 different cards but I think 5 ounces confirmed last week that's in December.

Honestly, this card needs it the most. 91 and 93 can put out 4 shit-sandwich matches and still push a million buys. But 93 has Lyoto/Silva so luckily that's not going to happen.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira vs Frank Mir for the Interim UFC Heavyweight Belt

CB Dolloway vs Jorge Rivera

Yushin Okami vs Dean Lister

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans for the UFC LHW Belt

Quinton Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva

OH SNAP

My girlfriend's birthday is December 27th. Luckily I have two months and change to figure out a plan of attack here.

I already made her watch UFC 88. She was impressed with Rashad's KO... that might help.

It's nuts how fast they sneak up on you but with all of the shows lately it's easy to forget.

This is the most stacked card of the year, IMO. Two filler matches sorta as Dolloway should by all means cruise to a win and hopefully Turk can beat Mr. Chest bump but then the top three are all goodness.

I second Curry's "Death" prediction.

I, however, think Mir will atleast make it till round three. I think he'll be able to keep himself alive on the ground, and I don't think Nog will KO Mir but he could definitely hurt him. I think what will end up killing Mir will be his gas tank. Nog never stops. Mir...well...does.

And I will second the Forrest DEC prediction.

Rampage/Silva ain't heading to a decisions. Either 'Page solves Wandy and pounds out a TKO or Wand ends the trilogy in brutal fashion. (Which he will)

I can see Rampage taking Silva down and controlling him on the ground for 3 rounds... This time no shady ref will stand them up for no reason.

As I said before, I don't see why Rampage/Silva would go any different. Unless you really believe that Silva being off the gas (if he ever was...but he probably was) will make that big of a difference. Neither of their styles have changed much, AND Rampage is coming off his mental well being completely being destroyed.

I could always be wrong, but really, history sides with my position on this.

I don't have any online links but I watched it a couple of hours ago [the .gif in my sig is right out of the Countdown] and I must say I really liked it. I'm pretty new to the UFC and MMA in general, so I learned a couple of things. The Wanderlei Silva - Rampage Jackson 'story' was awesome and I'm looking forward to the fight even more now.

The Nogueira - Mir fight is hopefully going to be great, would love to see them on the ground and just trying to lock in the submissions. Also, I hope Big Nog beats Frank Mir... a Brock - Mir rematch would be awesome though...

BTW: Does anybody what the Main Event is going to be? I guess the Forrest Griffin - Rashad Evans Fight?

I dunno, if you want to go by common opponents.

Rashad beat Tito, but only due to a lost point

Forrest lost to Tito, but a ton of people said he won that fight.

I like Rashad's chances, but I think I'm picking Forrest

The countdown special was really good.

They played both Rashad and Forrest as nice guys. On the flipside, while they had common stories, Mir came off as a total douche heel to Nog.

The Silva/Rampage stuff was the best though. I never knew Silva was so charismatic. He had one liners in nearly every scene he was in and he seemed to genuinely enjoy the concept of hurting Rampage again.

"He knock me down first round. Second round I come out to KILL HIM."

Adding "Again" to all his statements at the end just to taunt the fact that he beat Rampage twice. A line about using his forearm with it's tattoo about god, and "tattooing" it onto Rampage's face. Oh, and several times reiterating "I don't like him".

The best was how he gave play by play for the second fight...and how he kneed Rampage, and then he did a double take because Rampage was dead in the ropes.

Word is from everyone who's met Wanderlei is that he's fairly down-to-earth and funny guy, despite language barriers.

Oh, and that his skull is fucking ridiculous. HGH is a motherfucker.

They played both Rashad and Forrest as nice guys. On the flipside, while they had common stories, Mir came off as a total douche heel to Nog.

What are you talking about? He didn't come off like that at all.

He was very respectful and truthful in the countdown show. He was basically blowing Nogueria hard, giving him all the credit he could give him.