TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

I usually just show up an hour before the show starts. You can eat nothing and just sit there and watch the show, but I feel like an asshole doing that, so usually order drinks and something to eat.

Should also tip well being that you'll be tying up the waitress' table for 3 hours

I'm kinda bummed that I won't be seeing this card anytime soon. In theory it starts at 10am or so here in China but I'm supposed to be heading into Hong Kong on the 28th and there's the whole "downloading PPVs illegally in a country that occasionally frowns upon looking the wrong way" thing. Well, there's always the hope that my cousin d/ls it before I leave HK.

By the way, while some parts of China are nice, Chongqing is not one of those places. Definitely would not recommend coming here even if your brother-in-law is getting married there.

Sunday morning job for me on this card. Girlfriend's b-day is Saturday and I couldn't get out of festivities so I'll be picking up the torrent early Sunday. That's ok - easy to stay away from news/info overnight when I won't even be on the internet anyway.

I'm kinda bummed that I won't be seeing this card anytime soon. In theory it starts at 10am or so here in China but I'm supposed to be heading into Hong Kong on the 28th and there's the whole "downloading PPVs illegally in a country that occasionally frowns upon looking the wrong way" thing. Well, there's always the hope that my cousin d/ls it before I leave HK.

By the way, while some parts of China are nice, Chongqing is not one of those places. Definitely would not recommend coming here even if your brother-in-law is getting married there.

What is it, like, Moncton, New Brunswick?

Sunday morning job for me on this card. Girlfriend's b-day is Saturday and I couldn't get out of festivities so I'll be picking up the torrent early Sunday. That's ok - easy to stay away from news/info overnight when I won't even be on the internet anyway.

MMA >>> Pussy

Oh yeah, I'm having my usually UFC party. Should be bigger then the usual.

Are you going to hire your own bouncers just to get into fights with them?

I kid, I kid.

Nope, I save that for after UFC 92, when we hit the clubs for the afterparty.

What is it, like, Moncton, New Brunswick?

Well, not exactly. Imagine if Hamilton was a city-state, and had 31 million people. And of the 31 million people that owned cars, they live up to the stereotype of Chinese people not being able to drive, except that they can because there are apparently no actual rules for driving here and noone seems to get into an accident.

Oh, and it rains all the fricking time here.

Seriously, giving Rampage no chance is just being stupid. I'd understand thinking Wandy wins, but neither fighter is the same.

Their last fight was over 4 fucking years ago, and neither fighter are the same fighter. Rampage now trains with a better camp, and his stand up is a lot better then it use to be. Plus it being in a cage and with different rules and round structure makes it different from the PRIDE fight. Plus you add in the fact that Rampage just can use his wrestling to control Wandy, and wont get stood up over some bullshit if he is being active makes the fight different.

I wont be shocked if Wandy won, but saying Page has no shot is just being stupid.

If Wanderlei gets taken down I think he'll be good enough from his back to either get to the feet or stall Rampage en route to a stand-up. Quinton out-wrestling him to a UD is certainly possible but it's a small one.

Anyone else try to watch the weigh-in on ufc.com and get some preacher guy? Luckily ESPN was also covering it. Dana White's got balls for jumping in as quick as he did between Rampage and Wanderlei.

I think Wandy's gonna start the fight in madman mode. Page is a way better fighter than he was before, but Silva's got the mental edge.

Forrest vs Rashad

Page vs Silva

Dammit, 2 fights I'm having a hard time picking a winner out of. Can't wait for tonight

Turk via UD

C.B. via UD

Been back and forth but I'm going with Rampage via TKO. Two things - if Wand comes out throwing leg kicks or if it looks apparent early that Rampage still can't handle the clinch then I will expect Wandi to knock him the fuck out. I'm basing my pick off Wand being too aggressive/proud to go for leg kicks and someone at the Wolfslair actually working on the clinch with 'Page before the fight.

Nog via TKO... not submitting Mir, most likely. I can see him surprising him standing.

Rashad via KO... fuck Forrest.

This is what will happen!

Champ Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans- While Griffin has proved himself with the best at this level I think Rashad has everything needed for an upset. Evans catches Griffin with a flurry similar to what Jardine landed.

Evans KO RD 3 1:35

Champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir- I know this is blasphemous but I don't believe in Nog anymore! Mir survives long enough to land a big shot.

Mir KO RD 4 2:47

C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio- Massenzio by RNC RD 2.

Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva- This is the main event for me. I don't know which version of Jackson will step into the ring tonight. Everything points to Silva and of course thats why I'm picking Rampage. :headbang: Seriously, this doesn't go past the first and I think Rampage is the more accurate striker.

Rampage RD 1 KO left hook GNP.

Mustafa Al-Turk vs. Cheick Kongo- They are giving Kongo a showcase and I think he will come through.

Unanimous decision Kongo.

and my main card picks are:

Griffin

Big Nog

Silva

Kongo

Dollaway

Pretty much the same here. I'm looking more forward to Jackson/Silva III than anything else on the card

Anyone getting a working stream from http://www.channelsurfing.net ?

justin.tv kept dying for me

I have an AWESOME stream on TVUplayer though...channel is MMA-TV

and jackson/silva will end like the first two...

heres to hoping wanderlei comes out to his usual, so horrible and played out that it's awesome techno song darude - sandstorm

I wish Dana would take after the Wrestling world in some production values like establishing entrance songs for certain guys and actual intro videos instead of the same boring 5 minutes of interviews replayed 10x before the PPV starts and 10x throughout the PPV