TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

Rashad is for real, man.

I remember before he KO'd Salmon everyone here was talking about how boring and awful he was... even after.

Another brutally awesome and sick performance.

After my picks tonight, I would now like to be referred to as SENSEI Warriorfan! :headbang:

To revise my earlier statement.

I now DEMAND that you refer to me as KING SENSEI WARRIORFAN after my picks!!!

If Frank Mir can continue to act like he wants to fight then I can look forward to watching him again. Seems like anytime someone looks like crap for a while there's always a drug/drinking backstory blah blah.

Nog looked like a zombie, slow as hell, just lumbering forward into repeated punches to the face. I don't want to say he's done, but he's close at least. As for Mir, his standup looked great, especially considering how shitty it's always been before this. He didn't gas out in 5 minutes either which has to be a first, Mir/Lesnar is going to do huge business.

I thought it would be hard for Rampage/Silva to top the devastating finishes of their first two fights, but them Rampage goes and delivers a late contender for KO of the year as he leaves Wanderlai twitching out cold. I assume we'll get Rashad/Rampage for the belt next, that should be a hell of a fight whenever it goes down.

Another very good UFC event overall, good fights and all of them finished, several in memorable and spectacular fashion.

Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson each earned $60,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008."

no submissions

I don't know about anybody else, but Nog should have gotten at least a few more seconds, especially considering he has the best chin in MMA and Randy had to eat about fifty shots before they finally called his fight against Brock.

I've seen him more messed up than that and still come back to win fights.

Great night of fights. The big 3 all went the way I wanted them to. Rashad v. Rampage would be awesome. Lesnar v. Mir will be interesting just to see how each man has progressed since their first fight.

In order to rationalize what happened, I say that Frank Mir did not beat Noguiera -but rather- Fedor and Cro Cop murdered him and he has been running on fumes ever since.

It's a shame that both Wandy and Nog are done, cause Rampage and Mir did *not* look that good in their performances. Mir threw the same combos throughout the fight, Nog just has no reaction time and he can't rely on his ability to take a beating any more. Rampage was just really slow and showed more energy in celebration than during the fight.

Throughout the main event I was like "why doesn't Rashad just take Forrest down?" Dudes GnP looked scary. And the takedown wasn't even off of anything he went for.

I don't see how you can say Rampage looked bad. I think that's just you refusing to admit that your analysis on why Wandy would win (which probably was the same as a lot of people) was wrong. He looked crisp, patient, and picked his shots. After the first twenty seconds I knew he would win, because he was very alert in how he recognized Wanderlei's combinations and how he retaliated in turn. The guy deserves credit. He won this fight because he had a gameplan and fought smart, Wanderlei lost because he did what he always does which is fight stupid and swing for the fences.

Mir looked good, but Nog looked very slow in his step too. Mir dominated the most durable HW ever and finished him in a way that no one has before, knocking him down three times. He has to be given credit for that. He looked in great shape too. I hate on the guy as much as anyone else but he deserved the win, and while Nog looked like a shot fighter, the fact is he's only ever lost to two men really, and they never stopped him like this.

My analysis of "I would rather see Silva move up than Rampage"??

Rampage was flat footed, used little movement, still can't check a leg kick, and looked hesitant. His strategy was good (throwing straight punches, counter punching), but he still looked bad.

This was the worst Nog I have ever seen fight. The plus for Mir was that he moved around a lot and threw in combinations. But Nog was not putting up much of a defense and got hit continuously with the same shot. Not because Mir is this super striker with great timing, but because he has no reflexes.

Rampage didn't look bad... he looked to be as everyone said, greatly improved.

I knew Nog was in trouble when he came in 7 pounds more than what he'll usually weigh in at and it was a really ball shattering moment when Mir finished him like that after dominating the whole fight by throwing the same fucking combo.

Fuck Rashad/Rampage, the fight I've been hyped for more than anything else but I know has no chance of happening is Machida challenging Rashad for the title.

I just can't understand why so many people have slept on or can't care about Rashad. He has not been in a boring fight for two years, is always showing improvement in his game, and is a pretty humble guy.

Rashad's gotta have some fucking dynamite in his hands or something. The dude always seems to knock the fuck out of people when he lands right.

As for Mir, he does deserve credit. I still hate the cocky bastard though and hope Lesnar eats him for lunch. Anyone that sings the praises of Kaplan that much needs to be dealt with.