TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

The full list of salaries included:

Rashad Evans: $130,000 (includes $65,000 win bonus)

def. Forrest Griffin: $100,000

Frank Mir: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)

def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000

Quinton Jackson: $325,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)

def. Wanderlei Silva: $200,000

C.B. Dollaway: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

def. Mike Massenzio: $5,000

Cheick Kongo: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)

def: Mostapha Al Turk: $7,000

Yushin Okami: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)

def. Dean Lister: $19,000

Antoni Hardonk: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)

def. Mike Wessel: $4,000

Matt Hamill: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

def. Reese Andy: $15,000

Brad Blackburn: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)

vs. Ryo Chonan: $18,000

Patrick Barry: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)

Dan Evensen: $4,000

Even though its lost some luster I would still like to see Couture vs Nog next year.

Wanderlai vs Anderson Silva also seems like a fight that could headline one of the filler PPV's next year for the UFC.

Chuck looked like he saw about $50,000 of money he bet on Forrest go flying right out the window.

I seriously wish he would retire and be done with it.

The funny part about his getting knocked out by Rashad was the utter shock and horror showed by by about 75% of the crowd that night.

That was a rather sick knockout of Wanderlei. I have yet to see what happened to Forrest, though.

That was a rather sick knockout of Wanderlei. I have yet to see what happened to Forrest, though.

Nothing particularly sick, just a sloppy guard and Rashad being able to take advantage, really. Followed by Forrest trying and barely succeeding at not breaking down in tears during his post-fight interview.

Dammit, I need to see this. I like Forrest a lot, but I've been behind Rashad for a little while now... certainly since he got jobbed in the Bisping fight, if not earlier.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Good first round. Both fighters got their offense in against the other, and Forrest has some pretty solid kicks.

Rashad took all of that offense from Forrest and channeled Ali there for a second. Forrest is relying a little too much on the leg kicks, though I can't blame him after he wrecked Rampage's legs in the last fight.

Great catch, takedown and hammerfists by Rashad. Good defense against at least two submission attempts, and then Rashad got his opening and pounded the hell out of Forrest. Well done.

If Rashad defeats Rampage, especially in impressive fashion as he has been doing, the LH division is his to rule for some time.

Dammit, I need to see this. I like Forrest a lot, but I've been behind Rashad for a little while now... certainly since he got jobbed in the Bisping fight, if not earlier.

Wouldn't getting jobbed involve losing? Split decision or no, the right guy (Rashad) still won that fight.

Tito was getting taken down anyway, and he flipped that guillotine over and got mount iirc. Tito showed he was the better fighter that night. I am not so sure he'd be able to do it again though.

At least I feel good knowing his stock has gotten significantly higher considering who fought for the title at UFC 92. People on the internet have been bashing him for years, and here are two fighters fighting for the top spot in the world and he's got a win over one and should have had a win over the other. It's nice.

Tito was getting taken down anyway, and he flipped that guillotine over and got mount iirc. Tito showed he was the better fighter that night. I am not so sure he'd be able to do it again though.

At least I feel good knowing his stock has gotten significantly higher considering who fought for the title at UFC 92. People on the internet have been bashing him for years, and here are two fighters fighting for the top spot in the world and he's got a win over one and should have had a win over the other. It's nice.

Both fighters are much improved since the last time they fought Tito.

And Tito didn't show he was the better fighter that night, Rashad got jitters as it was his 1st fight ever headlining in a big time PPV against a big named opponet. Rashad looked extremely flat in the 1st round and Tito took advantage of it and it was all Tito that round. In the 2nd round Rashad looked to be getting better but Tito would grab the cage almost everytime Rashad would shoot in. In the 3rd round Rashad dominated Tito, and came very close to stopping Tito. Hell if it would've been a 5 round fight, theres nothing that tells me the fight wouldn't have been a TKO victory for Rashad. That fight was a learning experience for Rashad, the draw was the right call and there is nothing to debating about it. Even though there could've been an argument Rashad won the 2nd because he did more damage in the stand up hitting Tito with better shots, but the near guillotine at the end of the round won Tito that round in most minds. I won't argue that.

I believe Tito knows Rashad is the better fighter, which is why he backed out of the rematch for UFC 77.

Tito beat Forrest pretty soundly IMO, despite Rogan's biased commentary. You could've argued Tito won the 1st round 10-8, Forrest rallied back in the 2nd, and Tito clearly outboxed and even took down Forrest in the 3rd round to seal the clear desicion. Even if you are a mindless idiot and listen to Rogans commentary and somehow thought Forrest took the 3rd round at the VERY worst it was a draw. With that said, Forrest is not the same fighter he was when he fought Tito, and Tito isn't the same fight he was when he fought Forrest.

Tito no longer has any desire to become a top level fighter anymore, despite he has the talent to do so. He continues wants to chill out with Jenna, and bask in his celebrity status and the money he's already generated. He turns 34 in a few weeks and injuries have taken it's toll on his body as proven by all the time he's taken away from training and the cage. Where as Rashad and Forrest are still young, improving and want to be fighters.

Dana has said that if the fight had gone on Rashad would have probably won. He didn't say anything about Rashad stopping Tito, nor did he comment that Rashad was anything close to stopping Tito within the three rounds that actually took place.

So....exactly when during that fight did Rashad come close to stopping Tito? Was there a mysterious fourth round nobody except you witnessed?

You're seriously a fucking retard sometimes. When did I say there was a mysterious 4th round? I said if it was a FIVE ROUND FIGHT, AND IT WENT TO A 4TH, RASHAD WOULD'VE PROBLAY WON BY TKO.

And it was at the end of the 3rd round when Rashad slammed Tito and was pounding his face in with Tito doing little to no defending of Rashads punches until the bell rang to end the fight.

Maybe you should rewatch the fight instead of making dumbass comments.