TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lousms

Matt Cross Interview

Hey everyone, if you're interested, HSW will be doing a radio show with excerpts from the Matt Cross interview we did last week TONIGHT at 11:00 EST.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Hot-Shot-Wres...s-pro-wrestling

Otherwise, the WHOLE interview will be put on our site at www.hswlive.com immediately after the show tonight.

It's all free and such so I'm not advertising with some alterer motive, thought you might enjoy the interview, being smart marks and all. There's some funny stories and such in here.

If you don't know, Matt Cross, he's more of an international guy than star over here. He DID wrestle for NWATNA in the early days and was in ROH for quite some time. He's a big draw currently in Spain. He's wrestled all over the world and, as I've had the pleasure of watching him wrestling in a small indy promotion, he's freakin' good!

Matt "M-Dogg 20" Cross was the star of those "Best of Backyard Wrestling" tapes from earlier in the decade. He and friend Josh Prohibition had a small buzz for them a few years ago, because they were the first two from those tapes to actually get trained and go pro, and they both had some decent matches in CZW and XPW. Cross now does a lot of RoH work, but, to my knowledge, Prohibition is still in small indies doing hardcore brawls and stuff.

Yeah, they both make appearances for PWO here and there that airs on SportsTime Ohio.

After watching a bit of the last PWO ep, it turns out Matt Cross is their champion w/ Prohibition hot on his heels.

It's also funny that Cross has made a decent name in ROH given that he was "blackballed" earlier this decade along with Prohibition for signing with XPW during the big indy war between XPW, CZW and ROH.

I thought that the blackballing just affected CZW? It doesn't matter, since Justice Pain was also "blackballed" during the XPW/CZW/RoH war, and he's been back in CZW for a couple of years now.

Pain I could kind of see because I believe he's Nick Gage's real life brother. I thought that ROH had the boycott thing going on too, because Brian XL was another guy who vanished from ROH after doing some XPW shows.