TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK 10

Oh, my god. How could anyone be a fan of this team? I know the history and everything, but goddamn. Go ahead and release DeAngelo Hall and Javon Walker and Tommy Kelly and all of the guys that you paid out the ass for this offseason, just because they couldn't produce in a completely dysfunctional environment with no consistency on the coaching staff. I'd rather be a Lions fan. I'm not kidding.

I mean, they gave him $8 million for eight games. They gave a second round pick to Atlanta for a guy that not only did nothing there, but was barely even given the opportunity to do anything. It'd be a real shame if Michael Crabtree gets drafted into that horseshit. Guy could be amazing on a real NFL team.

People may be dogging on the Cardinals playing in the crappy NFC West, but they did beat a semi-healthy Cowboys team and the Bills were playing great until Adrian Wilson knocked Edwards out of the game. The also pounded a better then expected Dolphins team.

Unless one of those releases is Al Davis from ownership of the team, the Raiders are screwed. At one time maybe Al could get it done, but those days are well gone. I mean, what is the point of the cost cutting? To sign MORE free agents next year into the bloated mess with another new coach who will last until his first meltdown press conference around week 4 when Al throws him under the bus?

I'm one of those Raiders fans, and to be honest I just don't care anymore, I really don't. I never thought I'd say that, but the franchise needs radical change and that means putting Al Davis and his yes men out on their ass. I don't like Roger Godell, but I would personally giving a big kiss if he decided for the good of the NFL, that Al Davis was not the owner of the Raiders anymore.

Raider fans have taken a lot of shit over the years, but I got some kind of perverse joy out of the Falcons kicking the shit out of this team. I kinda wonder how much lower we can go. It's like a game almost. It's kinda funny in a sad way, but thats the only I can get through watching the games.

Guest Vitamin X
Hating the Raiders is a lot funner since all the Raider fans came out this year on the board and they're even imploding even more.

Coincidence? I think not.

Predictions~!

Thursday Night

DEN @ CLE: You know, if Derek Anderson was still starting I'd feel decent about the Browns here. But with Quinn I don't know. I'll take the Broncos reluctantly by 7.

Sunday, 1:00

NO @ ATL: Falcons are a real feel good story this year and I think they keep it going at home against the Saints. ATL by 4.

TEN @ CHI: Rex Grossman vs. the Tennessee D? If it had been Orton I might have picked upset here, but can't see it now. Titans by 10.

JAC @ DET: The Jags very well might be done after the unmitigated disaster that was losing to the Bengals. What the hell, I think the Lions get their first win over JAX as well. Detroit by 1.

BAL @ HOU: This is the rescheduled Hurricane game. Both teams have gotten better so this will be a better game than it would have been in week 2. I'll take the Ravens by 6 but it could go either way.

SEA @ MIA: Seattle sucks to begin with and they also now have to travel cross country. Miami is much improved, so this will be a beating. Dolphins by 17.

GB @ MIN: Packers just have all sorts of tough luck losses and playing on the road in MINN won't help much. I'll take the Vikings by 5.

BUF @ NE: The Bills desperately need a win. That said, I can't see them getting it at Foxboro. Pats by 3.

STL @ NYJ: The Rams are back down to earth after rallying for a couple of weeks. Can't see Favre losing at home here. Jets by 10.

Afternoon games

CAR @ OAK: Okay after last week's fiasco and Al Davis threatening to release everyone I can't possibly imagine this game being close. Panthers by 14.

IND @ PIT: Is Leftwich starting in this one? If so I think the Colts have a real shot to somehow sneak into Pittsburgh and steal a win. Indy by 3.

KC @ SD: Chargers are favored by an insane 15 in this one, but do they deserve it? Chiefs have actually been playing better of late, so the Chargers still win but it will be by 6.

NYG @ PHI: Biggest game of the week by far. Eagles can make a statement here and get back into the NFC East race, or the Giants can basically put it to bed. I'll take the Giants by 4, since I can't get it out of my head the way the beat down McNabb last year.

MNF

SF @ ARI: THIS is the Monday night game? Warner will torch the Niners here and Mike Singletary will rant again postgame. Cardinals by 13.

the Ravens need to be on the phone with Hall and his agent and bugging the hell out of him to come play in Baltimore.

no no no no no no no no no

the last thing our defense needs is an overrated, penalty causing cb who gets torched all the time(and the bad part is, yeah, he's having a good season)

there should be alot of good cbs in this years draft, grabbing hall would be stupid

DEN @ CLE

The dawn of the Brady Quinn era is upon us. I think he'll give the offense a spark and the Browns will edge out the reeling Broncos.

NO @ ATL

Bit of a tough one. Atlanta is playing really well, but New Orleans is still desperate to get back into the NFC South race. And they're coming off of a bye week. I'm going to have to take New Orleans here.

TEN @ CHI

Another tough one. I'm not as confident as some others that Grossman will have his one good game of there year here, and I see no reason why Collins won't have a good game against a surprisingly mediocre Bears defense. Titans win and stay undefeated.

JAC @ DET

Jacksonville is a major disappointment this year. Is it possible that they'll give two awful teams their first wins of the year in consecutive weeks? No, I don't think so. Jags take this one.

BAL @ HOU

Watch out for surprising Baltimore. They're playing pretty well right now and I think they're good enough to beat an okayish Houston team on the road. Ravens in this one.

SEA @ MIA

The Dolphins could be over .500 with a win here. That was almost unfathomable coming into the season. Seattle is just a miserable team, and they're making the longest possible road trip here and it's a 1:00 game. No way this is even competitive. Dolphins win handily.

GB @ MIN

I like the Vikings to avenge their Week 1 loss here. Peterson should give the Packers run defense fits.

BUF @ NE

I think this is a really interesting game, as no one was tormented more during New England's reign of terror atop the AFC East than the Bills. This is a great opportunity for a hot-and-cold Bills team to prove that they're ready to topple the Pats. I don't think they'll do it. Patriots win.

STL @ NYJ

I find the Jets to be crushingly boring, for whatever reason. Even with the ol' Gunslinger. Thomas Jones is quietly having a good year and I think he'll lead New York to victory here. The bloom will officially be off the rose for Haslett in St. Louis.

CAR @ OAK

Oh, my goodness. This will almost certainly get ugly in a hurry. Panthers by 100.

IND @ PIT

No reason why Pittsburgh shouldn't pummel Indy here. This should go a long way toward establishing the Steelers as a legit AFC contender, while simultaneously putting another nail in the coffin for the Colts.

KC @ SD

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this be a really competitive game. That said, the Chargers should be able to squeak one out in the end. If not, they're done.

NYG @ PHI

Jerome Bettis tells me that this ain't gonna be nothin' but a backyard fistfight. I like the sound of that. Philly really needs to win this if they have any hope of winning that division, so I think they'll find a way to pull it out.

SF @ ARI

What a terrible Monday night game. Cardinals win easily.

DEN @ CLE

I don't quite know what to expect out of Denver, but I could say the same of Cleveland and Brady Quinn. My "first game" theory didn't work out with Mike Singletary two weeks ago, but with Denver's defence, Cleveland should get the win.

NO @ ATL

This is a tough one. I think coming off the bye week, New Orleans gets a win.

TEN @ CHI

Toughest of the week. My same reasoning from Denver-Cleveland might apply to Grossman, but Tennessee's still got the best defence in the league. They're not going 16-0, but they are going 9-0.

JAC @ DET

Nope. Upset ain't happening. Jacksonville, albeit too late, rights the ship this week.

BAL @ HOU

This is a tough one too. Baltimore played a really strong fourth quarter against a better-than-their-record Cleveland. I think that's enough to get them by.

SEA @ MIA

Dolphins by a million. I know that sounds funny, but they're playing well, had two straight good wins, and its Seattle on the East coast.

GB @ MIN

Just a hunch, but Vikings.

BUF @ NE

New England's gotta be seething over losing to Indy, and they handled the Bills last year easily. New England's a night and day team from this year to last, but with the trouble the Bills have had the last two weeks, specifically with the AFC East, the Pats get the win.

STL @ NYJ

Jets.

CAR @ OAK

The Raiders get the KKK Rams treatment in my sig after this week, underscored by their 200-point loss to the Panthers.

IND @ PIT

No reason why Pittsburgh shouldn't pummel Indy here. This should go a long way toward establishing the Steelers as a legit AFC contender, while simultaneously putting another nail in the coffin for the Colts.
This.

KC @ SD

With their backs already against the wall, San Diego should win this one against a competitive Chiefs team.

NYG @ PHI

Philly needs this, but the Giants pull it out.

SF @ ARI

Cardinals, not even close.

Guest Vitamin X

What's happened to Matt Forte? Doesn't seem like you hear a whole lot about him lately. All I heard about Chicago was how good Kyle Orton and the passing game looked, and then wham, here comes the Sex Cannon.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Forte had a big game on Sunday after being kind of ineffective for the last few weeks. He'll have to be better than he was against the likes of Atlanta and Tampa Bay, now that we're not going to see Orton. He insists that he's gonna rest up really hard and play on Sunday, by the way. Kyle's either hittin' the booze again, or Lovie Smith thinks that Jeff Fisher is the dumbest man on the planet who will be duped into gameplanning for an injured quarterback. It's likely both.

Maybe it's due to not wanting to give up the ghost as a Colts fan, but I just can't see Pittsburgh squashing Indy this week. Not with Roethisberger out. That said though, Byron Leftwich has already shown teams like Dallas that you need a solid backup if the starting QB goes down.

The Lions are starting the mighty Culpepper this week, aren't they? More reason to pick the upset, baby!

I am actually kinda glad that Hall got released. Its tough playing on such a horribly ran organization.

Hall is second in the league in passes defended(which people will say "Because they throw at him all the time") and was having a good year after a horrible first game. Any team that needs a good cover corner should go for him. Oddly, the Falcons need him, but I know he ain't coming back here.

I find it funny they talked Walker out of retiring and giving back his contract like he wanted too, and cut a guy actually having a productive year. And on top of that, all the players are blatantly saying they think its a dumb move.

And I will still say, anyone that still thinks deangelo Hall isn't one of the best CB's in the game simply doesn't know football or doesn't watch him play.

Okay, I'm sorry, but DeAngelo Hall sucks. If you want to attribute that to being in a bad organization go ahead, but he wasn't that good in Atlanta and he's only regressed in Oakland. Cutting him isn't a bad move; it was signing him in the first place.

This isn't me just talking out of my ass because I'm a Raiders fan either. Football Outsiders has him rated as the second worst corner in the league. Maybe that's because he's getting thrown at more by being across from Asomugha, but scouting reports continually indicate that Hall can't figure out a defensive system. He "floats", which allows him to occasionally get big plays but more often than not ends up with him getting burned.

Perhaps some other organization can unlock his talent, but good luck. I just don't see it.

I am actually kinda glad that Hall got released. Its tough playing on such a horribly ran organization.

Hall is second in the league in passes defended(which people will say "Because they throw at him all the time") and was having a good year after a horrible first game. Any team that needs a good cover corner should go for him. Oddly, the Falcons need him, but I know he ain't coming back here.

I find it funny they talked Walker out of retiring and giving back his contract like he wanted too, and cut a guy actually having a productive year. And on top of that, all the players are blatantly saying they think its a dumb move.

And I will still say, anyone that still thinks deangelo Hall isn't one of the best CB's in the game simply doesn't know football or doesn't watch him play.

Didn't you really dislike the guy when he was in Atlanta? I seem to recall you railing against him here.

Say what you will about the guy, it's a bad thing when a team gives up a second round pick and a lot of money for a guy and then cuts him halfway through the season. Especially when he's having a decent year.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Didn't everybody dislike him in Atlanta? I thought he was one of the FREE VICK douchebags who didn't even have the talent to justify such shit-disturbing, and people fan and not fan alike were glad to see him off the Falcons. This is just more "I have to rant about Al Davis" straw-grabbing from people who want to be in on the fun. Al Davis is pretty great, especially when he fired that doughy-faced punkass Kiffin. The best part was when he pulled up a PowerPoint presentation to show how and why he did it. It's even better if you imagine him fumbling around with it like a college freshman whose instructor insists on students giving awful presentations.

"Okay, so I put something together here for a visual, and...okay, now what do I push here? Do I plug in the red and yellow, or do I have to plug in the red and the yellow and the white? Just red and yellow? Okay. Where's the light. Oh. k...mmm...mmmhmmmm......innnernntxpllrrrrr....campsmlll....okay.....passworrrrdd

d....no. okay. hang on. caps lock. password isssssss.....there. got it. okay. hang on. should be here. let's see. mailed it to myself this morning didn't I? aw shit. wait. okay. save to desktop? CAN I SAVE TO DESKTOP. okay. save target as....there. okay. open....and yeah. THE OAKLAND RAIDAHS AWGANIZATION COULD NAUGHT TAWLERATE THE INSUBAWDINATION OF LANE KIFFIN AND THIS IS WHY AS YOU CAN SEE HERE..."

I think ranting about Al Davis is a pretty natural reaction to what's going on in Oakland. Imagine for a moment that he's something other than a sideshow. He's the owner of your team. He's making completely insane decisions, like firing his head coach and replacing him with the guy who changes his oil down to the Jiffy Lube. Or cutting a pretty good corner when everyone knows that the real issue is with how awful the offense is. What, as a Raiders fan, can you even do other than bitch about Al Davis? As cliched as it may sound at this point, I don't think it's a stretch to say that that team won't even approach .500 until he's dead and buried and forgotten.

No, i know the guy is a good corner. Always did. I thought he would get caught up in that over the top talking stuff sometimes on the field but whatever, being a cocky corner is nothing new.

I will say, his first few games with Oakland he obviously was struggling with the system and getting worked. He didn't do ANYthing for like the first 3 games. Then over the next 5 games with Oakland, he had like 10 passes defended. Corners are going to give up some plays, especially aggressive man defenders in a scheme that plays ALOT of man.

In Atlanta, Hall was clearly the best corner and was rarely thrown to. people assume he was because of his INT numbers or they look up what the top flight reciever did against the team and say "Well, so and so had 150 yards recieving this game, so obviously Hall sucks". But hall had a set side of the field in Atlanta. Opposing teams would just line guys up on the other end of the field from him and abuse Lewis Sanders or what other piece of crap we had on the other side of the field. And in a soft zone.

He went from that to a aggressive man scheme and struggle at first. But there is absolutely no way you can say he was having a BAD season or SUCKing this year. At worse I think you have to admit it was a decent year. I personally think that if you look at the past few weeks, he has been having a above average run for now.

Its a dumb move, a dumb cut of a guy that is actually producing for the otherwise shitty team, who's biggest problem is that their offence can't move the ball and its leaving the D on the field for WAY too long. He is going to be a great addition to some team.

OH, and as for being a shit starter in Atlanta, the guy NEVER had ONE problem with Mora while he was here. But then he started saying it felt like Petrino was quiting on the team during the year. Then they cut Grady Jackson for no reason when he was being productive and Hall said again, it felt like Petrino was quitting on the team (which is what Warrick Dunn and Alge Crumpler, two guys that also never had a bad word to say agreed with). Then...Petrino quit on the team.

The media was calling him a shit starter and was just being a prima donna because he had a coach that was putting his foot down. When in reality, he was right. They had a quiter at the head coaching position that phoned it in as soon as he saw vick wasn't going to be there.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I heard Tom Cable has the offense practicing touchdown celebrations. This for the team that has nine. I guess it's motivational? Oh well. I really want to believe that they can succeed again under Al Davis, doing it the Al Davis way.

That said, the Bears could try shoring up their secondary with DeAngelo Hall. What a nice situation, to have Lovie Smith be an improvement in your coaching world.

But they can't succeed under Al Davis, doing it the Al Davis way. All of this "Al loves the long ball" stuff is just insane. I can't imagine being a fan of this team. Do you know what sort of football the Glazers like to see in Tampa Bay? No, and neither do I. That's the way it should be. The meddling owner thing is a recipe for disaster and it always has been. Dallas with Jerry Jones calling the shots is the same sort of deal. Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean that you know anything about assembling or motivating a football team.

Since no one has mentioned it, it should be pointed out that Hall would have received $16 million in bonus money had he made it through the season. The Raiders rightly figured out that it was better to waste $8 million on someone who wasn't contributing than $24 million.

I don't know what you guys were watching if you think Hall was having a decent year. He wasn't. It was retarded that they gave up a second round pick for him. It was stupid to give him a monstrous contract. But cutting the guy now is not a bad move.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Dallas with Jerry Jones calling the shots is the same sort of deal. Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean that you know anything about assembling or motivating a football team.

It's not the same, because Al Davis isn't some idle dilettante. He is the Raiders. It's so weird and sad that one of the leading football minds has become this outmoded. "Run to set up the pass" and "hire fuckups for cheap and then leave them be" shouldn't stop working.

I don't think I was alone in believing that the Raiders might actually be okay this year, due to the fact that a half decade of miserable seasons had netted them a lot of talented skill position players in the draft. But it hasn't happened because Al Davis refuses to hire a real coach. These guys--JaMarcus Russell, especially--are doomed to have bad careers because they happened to get drafted into what has become the worst organization in football. And it is weird and sad that it's come to that point, but whatever. That team has a level of prestige that can't be erased by one decade of irrelevance. Once Al Davis dies or retires, they'll return to respectability.