TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Barack Obama's Inauguration

I have tears in my eyes. This is such a historic day for the african american community. With all the racism that I see today, the progress that we've made in the election is astounding. Why even at my in-laws, I have to endure a word that that literally translates to "eggplant" from arabic in reference to african americans (and these are 30-somthings, not the older group you might expect). If they refer to Obama a ban-jan I think I might lose it.

When do we get our jetpacks and flying cars? Do they come in the mail, or do we have to pick them up?

They will be distributed to the survivors of the purges.

Barack Obama Circle Jerk? That's an odd title for the Campaign 2012 thread...

Anywho...

Watching Fox News right now makes me happy. I think they're going to actually die of sadness. Where's Hannity and Coulture? I need to see them now please.

Sadly, I said in chat last night that i'd put Marvin off ignore once this was all over, so back to the days of sorrow.

I *marked out* listening to Obama's acceptance speech on the radio on the way home from work.

God Bless America.

You know what I'm looking forward to? Ann Coulter making her inevitable bunch of hyperbolic predictions of how doomsday is literally nigh, and being proven wrong over and over again.

Personally, I'm still waiting for this grand and glorious healthcare package that Mr. Clinton was promising us from '92-'00.

You're missing an S in there somewhere.

+1

FYI, Marvin, we'll be sending a team over later to confiscate your Crocs and HDTV to be redistributed.

You can come get my HDTV. I was looking at buying a newer one and they were going to charge me $100 to remove mine since its not a normal removal (it weighs over 200 lbs and has to go through a window to get it out). Ive actually contemplated putting it up on a site like freecycle to get rid of it so I dont have to spend more than its worth to get it out. I certainly can't lift 200 lbs myself.

As for the crocs, you'll have to pry them off my cold, dead feet.

Oh, and I will party to the fact it looks like Al Franken wont be headed to Washington.

YAY

Now one can only hope people actually listened to the message of his speech and didn't just ignore it to do a lot of HA HA finger pointing.

Also Soledad O'Brien knows how to bring down a mood with her nice little, "It was a speech much like the one Martin Luther King gave before he was assassinated." Nice Soledad, real nice.

Racheal Maddow just ranted about Califonia re-banning gay marriage (Racheal's gay FYI) the dude next to her scratched his head, and then Keith Olbermann went back to talking about the Presidential race.

I was amused.

Sort of like people predicting Bush turning America into a theocracy and suspending democratic elections, Jingus?

Along the same lines, ayuh. Although Ann tends to sell more books than those folks.

Oh, and I will party to the fact it looks like Al Franken wont be headed to Washington.

YAY

Goshdarnit, people like him.

Not in Minnesota they don't.

Clearly this proves once and for all, that Jesse THE BODY Ventura is better than Al Franken.

I'm very curious to see the polls to analyze the Palin effect. The pre-election polls were pretty damning. She made people abandon McCain.

I'm also curious if the Republicans will realize their nasty negative caustic sarcastic-type campaign really contributed to Obama's win. Will they adjust their tone or will they just try harder? Obama loves Al Qaeda? Obama is Lenin re-incarnated? Oogy boogy?