TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Barack Obama's Inauguration

Where the hell is John McCain and what the hell is he up to?

Seems like the only Republican that the media has talked about since the election is Sarah Palin.

Well if you ask me, once Palin became his VP pick, the whole McCain/Palin campaign became more Palin/McCain in that most of the people who came in supporting them didn't really care about or like McCain-they cared about Sarah Palin. Prior to that, a lot of these people probably didn't give a shit about him, or held a low opinion. When she came in, the opinion changed-sort of. Some of the supporters still probably had a low opinion of McCain, but they loved Palin.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling
Obamaentourage.jpg

Haha, I love Rahm Emanuel. Look at that stance.

"The Office of the President Elect"? WTF is that? There's no office of the President Elect...

There is now. Who says there can't be one? Snazzy little lectern, too. That said, this is the same kind of silliness that manifested itself in the Barack Obama Quasi-Presidential Seal a few months ago, except now who's going to tell him that. The myriad visual elements of the Obama movement--the logo, the fake seal, the office of the president-elect with (is that the fake seal again?) the serifed ObamaFont from the Obama/Biden campaign placards, the WrestleMania stage at Denver, the Grant Park rally--are what keep me from launching myself into the "cynicism is gone foreve, hooray!" diving well liek a lot of my peers have. Man, this thing is run. He's got some real pros handling this stuff, the best ever, no question.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1226449402...ign2008_mostpop

Minnesota, what are you doing.

Okay, I'll find a different report of Al Franken being a dickweed?

They're trying to get all the votes counted in a recount. I can guarantee you Norm Coleman's campaign is doing the exact same shit. Any candidate in a recount does that stuff. Nothing in that op-ed is damning, it's just a bunch of innuendo shat out to try to make mundane recount related political behavior seem nefarious.

The Wall Street Journal traditionally does great hard news, but it's op-ed page is basically a print version of FreeRepublic.

An interesting development in the Auto Industry crisis: Apparently Obama is looking to appoint an "Auto Czar" to oversee the bailout of the Auto Companies.

I think that's a great idea, and it'll go a long way to give people faith that he isn't just tossing people cash and that he's going to clamp down on the self-inflicted wounds of the auto industry.

I like this. I think it could be used as a brilliant template for people worshiping at the feet of Obama. Sort of a partisan madlibs.

Here's how it'd go:

An interesting development in the (noun) crisis: Apparently Obama is looking to (weak policy that doesn't draw much criticism from the press) to (verb affecting the weak policy on the crisis)

I think that's a (adjective of praise) idea, and it'll go a long way to give people faith that He [you forgot to capitalize it BTW] isn't (obvious criticism and ultimate effect of when the aforementioned weak policy that doesn't draw much criticism morphs into His actual plan.)

And, for good fun, an example from the recent past:

An interesting development in the Georgia crisis: Apparently Obama is looking to condemn Russian aggression to shore up global support for Georgian independence.

I think that's a smashing idea, and it'll go a long way to give people faith that He isn't a cut-and-run wimp on foreign policy and will provide Him ample talking points when He mounts the "intervention" to stop the all-out Civil War in Pakistan that we had no part in causing.

"The Office of the President Elect"? WTF is that? There's no office of the President Elect...

Yes there is, the Office of the President Elect was set up in the Presidential Transition Act of 1963. Also, previous "president elects" have, for instance, sent correspondence marked the 'office of the president elect'.

Obama will resign from the Senate, effective this Sunday. Biden has said he won't resign until he is sworn in as VP. I guess he wants to be there to be part of the official Congressional electoral vote counting and/or screw his successor out of any seniority over the newly elected senators in the new Congress.

What the fuck?

As someone who covers elections...it's not worth it.

Aren't they paid well in New York?

Assemblymen and Senators make $100K, but you make peanuts everywhere else. But as someone who deals with this people on a daily basis, it's just not worth the grief.

And hey, if that gets Hillary out of New York...I'm all for it.

As someone who covers elections...it's not worth it.

Aren't they paid well in New York?

Assemblymen and Senators make $100K, but you make peanuts everywhere else. But as someone who deals with this people on a daily basis, it's just not worth the grief.

And hey, if that gets Hillary out of New York...I'm all for it.

I'm not concerned with money in the slightest, but I'm looking for a constituency like western Washington, which I'm going to assume is less stressful than New York City.

Shouldn't you be of voting age before you decide which people you want to vote for you?

Before I decide which people I want to vote for me? I've got family up in Western Washington and it's always been a place that I've considered moving. I'm only thinking about running now, there's little I can do for the foreseeable future. I figure I spend all this time talking politics and policy and everything (outside of the forum), why not actually try to make a difference?