TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Barack Obama's Inauguration

Guest Czecherbear

Oh for Christ's sake (as it were), guys, do we not know what Landover Baptist is.

Oh for Christ's sake (as it were), guys, do we not know what Landover Baptist is.

It's AWESOME is what it is.

:headbang:

Yeah.

Yet more proof that Islam is run by the Vatican.

Oh my stomach. Oh the burn. That is the best order any of those words have ever been put in.

If Obama uses executive orders only to undo the orders made by the Bush administration, then it's okay. After that I'm really uncomfortable with it. I don't want to see the powerful executive branch that's been made the last eight years get even stronger.

Guest Czecherbear

It'll get stronger with every passing president. Deep down, Americans want kings.

I haven't actually clicked a link yet... but the first 2 threads I've seen are "Obama will kill your children" and "Further evidence that the holocaust is a LIE!"

I assume Marvin is a mod

Nah.

"Palin" = "Devil" doesnt quite work for me.

I am however intrigued by "WHY WONT PATRICK SWAYZE DIE?"

Titanius Anglesmith

Seriously?

Shut up. "Bender's Game" is awesome.

The "Futurama" movies are really lacking IMO. They should have just let it end after the series ended.

I am however intrigued by "WHY WONT PATRICK SWAYZE DIE?"

Don't diss the star of "Roadhouse" and "Point Break" you bald mutant.

Titanius Anglesmith

Seriously?

Shut up. "Bender's Game" is awesome.

The "Futurama" movies are really lacking IMO. They should have just let it end after the series ended.

"Beast with a Billion Backs" sucked, but "Bender's Game"? A classic.

So, looks like we have a SecState, SecDef, SecTreas, Health & Human Services Secretary, Commerce Secretary...

Thoughts?

Lieberman approves....which must mean we're fucked.

I don't want Gates kept on at Defense. I can't think of someone else (above my pay scale, lol) but this isn't what needs to be done. Shit, if you're going to keep him on then eliminate the people around him.

One of the arguments for keeping Gates is that he has apparently been very non-partisan during his career. He may have worked in important positions for Republican presidents, but apparently hasn't declared his loyalty to one side or the other.

I thoroughly approve of Obama's cabinet so far, with the exception of Clinton. The Clinton thing just because I'm scared of infighting, but I think the rest of the cabinet is going to pave the way for an intelligent and modern Obama administration. One that will hopefully guide us into the 21st century after falling behind for the last 8 years. I'm most excited for Rahm, though, because he reminds me of a high school gym coach.

But seriously, Obama's thrown out the ridiculous idea that you need fresh faces to create change. Instead, he's hired competent members of both parties to form a cabinet that's based around the best of all the Washington insiders, not a consortium of aides that will depend on him for support. They're all pragmatic, non-ideological professionals.

I don't get some of the apprehension of Obama picking Hillary as Secretary of State. She has been a good team player for the Democrats in the Senate and there is no reason to think why she can't do the same for an Obama administration. I think some of this "HILLARY WILL UNDERMINE OBAMA" stuff is just bordering on paranoia/being made up for headlines. And really, the only foreign policy that she and Obama disagreed on during the primary was having talks without preconditions to enemy states. It's going to nice to have a cabinet full of people with strong opinions and convictions instead of yes men.