TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Barack Obama's Inauguration

So let me say that as someone who lives right outside of D.C., its already fairly crazy. In fact, the crazy is almost over. All the metro stations around me, all those parking lots are completely full, and some of them are parking garages. Still full. With 10 mile backups behind them.

But that was all earlier around 4, 5, 6. Back when there was some rational hope that these places wouldn't be completly full. Now? You're better off walking.

Oh and its freezing out.

I don't know, I sometimes think we don't really give a shit about Politics anymore. I don't know if thats because we've stopped caring or what.

EDIT:

So far watching this Inauguration has been like watching a really uneventful episode of 24. All the camera within camera shots, secret service everywhere... and a bad limo driver.

I can't imagine Blair going along with Bush's bad decisions helped. People here lost a lot of interest in politics that wasn't just bashing Bush. It took dynamic personalities like Obama and Palin (and the great unifier of Bush leaving) for the turnaround to happen. In England don't you vote party and not person? It's probably harder to get excited when you aren't voting for a person as much as an ideal...although it's probably a smarter way to keep from getting duped by a good salesman.

Yeah we vote for the party and the beliefs they had. However saying that, and thinking about it, Tony Blair won it labour with his charisma, smile and party attitude. Which was the complete opposite of John Major at the time, the Conservative PM, and look where that got us...

My boss just called me at work and made sure that I'm watching the inaguration and told me if any clients come into the store tell them that the store owner said they can wait.

One of the many perks of having Bush-hating Iranians as your bosses.

Sky News keep using choice words to describe Obama's travel.

"President Elect Obama has arrived at the mall, where he going to be taken out (long pause) for his speech in just under an hour"

Wow, how long has Bush Sr. been walking with a cane?

EDIT 1: Jimmy Carter will outlive us all.

Edit 2: Got to love the guy who came to the inaguration in the red felt fedora.

I'm gonna miss it. Fuck being in class. Good thing I get to watch all the presidents being introduced! Yeah!

For some reason I though the Trumpet guys were going to start playing the Theme Song from Cheers.

I thought they were startign to play 'We Shall Overcome'.

Yeah, I know. I'm terrible.

Sound familiar, Chris?

John William's arrangements always sound like its going to be either Back to the Future or Star Wars. He's so unoriginal now. Bring back Don West's Brother for more greatness!