TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Barack Obama's Inauguration

actually I was referring to "My Country Tis of Thee", more familiar to you under a different (and very ironic, in this case) name

He fucked it up! HE FUCKED IT UP!

He's a failure already, game over, man. GAME OVER!

and Ah, its God Save the Queen only not, I see! To be fair, I hate the British National Anthem, antiquated and a bit racist.

EDIT:

Now he's President could he turn around and arrest George W for War Crimes, just as an example, now?

Just a random silly question... In this speech he said 44 people have been sworn in...which isn't true. So...between him and his writers did everyone now know this or did they just leave it out of fear that since he's the 44th president alot of people wouldn't know that Cleveland counts twice?

Now he's President could he turn around and arrest George W for War Crimes, just as an example, now?

One can only hope. A big pimpin' SLAP would do real good in front of all those people too.

It'd certainly be one of the most historic acceptance speeches. As long as it gave a nice crisp audible crack as he connected.

Guest Smues
FUMBLE

For those of us that don't care about this media circus enough to get out of bed early to watch it, what happened?

FUMBLE

For those of us that don't care about this media circus enough to get out of bed early to watch it, what happened?

He started repeating the first line before the guy finished reading and then they butchered the second line so bad they had to pause and start it over.

Obama isn't doing anything to George. It's time to move on from him and let it be.

It was a great speech with a powerful message. Now to see if the American people will be remotely interested in meeting the challenge or will they just pull a selfish "Nah, you do it Prez, I'm busy" attitude.

Asking the American public to not be selfish, not to care about material and care more about your fellow man than wealth...damn man, you are tackling a crisis 10 times bigger than the economy mess!

George Bush leaving Washington for good after 8 years....FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

Sorry, I had the urge.

I actually liked the John Williams song. A little more subtle and classical than his usual fanfare, and of course having that all-star quartet play it helped a lot.

Aretha sounded a bit off, but between her age and the reported frigid cold up there I can't blame her.

Did Obama have a couple of teleprompters hidden up there? He clearly wasn't using notes, but he kept looking back and forth in the same two directions over and over again.

Christ, that poem went on forever. I could've recited The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock twice in the time it took her to mumble out all that banality.

I saw the NBC stream, and it reminded me how horrible a host Olbermann is for this kind of stuff. He keeps trying to Cronkite out some kind of memorable quotes while he's narrating the whole thing.