TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Simpsons Character Draft

Lovable loser Kirk Van Houten. Great stuff there. That entire episode with the divorce is great (Marge hiding the Allied Biscuits, I believe the above "Stoner's Pot Palace is from the episode, etc.).

Kirk: I sleep in a racecar. Do you sleep in a racecar?

Homer: No I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

As for my pick, after some soul searching on which of the two potential candidates I had in mind for round 4, I'll go with...:

Brutus_Beefcake_-_Edward_Leslie_07a%20copy.gif

(sorry, this is the best image that came up in the search)

The Iron Yuppie!

Tonight! Dr. Hillbilly versus the Iron Yuppie in a Texas Deathmatch, where one man will actually be unmasked and killed! In the ring!

Homer: I hope they kill that Iron Yuppie.

Lovable loser Kirk Van Houten. Great stuff there. That entire episode with the divorce is great (Marge hiding the Allied Biscuits, I believe the above "Stoner's Pot Palace is from the episode, etc.).

Kirk: I sleep in a racecar. Do you sleep in a racecar?

Homer: No I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

I'm sorry, Kirk. I'm not as smart as you; we didn't all go to Gudger College.

That's a hell of a pick. There's some really obscure ones being taken so far, and I'm sure that'll continue, but I think that will be the most fun about the draft. On that note, there's two regulars that I'm surprised are still up for grabs. (Shocked about one of them).

Also I'd like some input from my fellow draftors (absolute power has not corrupted me absolutely).

Rando's flirting with his second missed pick in a row. Now, given that all of us work and actually have things to do outside of TSM (right?), coupled with the speed at which we're moving, I think he deserves some slack. So rather than outright ban him (at least, right away) I was thinking we could allow a special guest draftor for him in the interim. I know there were a few people who were left out and wanted in, so, what does everyone else think of this? I would say guest guy will draft between Milky's picks in rounds 4 & 5. This, of course, assumes that Rando misses his pick this round. I will PM him tomorrow morning if he hasn't posted yet.

By the way, I had a chance to use a WICKED line in that paragraph, but didn't want to name drop.

MaggieSimpson3.gif

Maggie Simpson

Surprised she's still here. She is always there when you need her. Whether she's saving Homer from the basement of a crazy tow truck operator or taking out someone on a cliff, she's always clutch. Hopefully my other pick will still be here when my turn comes around again.

Damn you Zoo! Fucking damn you! He was going to be my next surprise pick!

That episode is #1 on my favorite Simpsons episodes list.

My next pick...

discostu.jpg

Disco Stu

Sees "Disco Stu(d)" jacket

Friend: "Stu, you should buy this."

Stu: "Disco Stu doesn't advertise."

On that note, there's two regulars that I'm surprised are still up for grabs. (Shocked about one of them).

I overlooked Sideshow Bob, whom I was shocked about. Still, I'm very surprised by one regular who hasn't been taken.

Kirk was on the receiving end of probably the cruelest line in the history of the show.

"So that's it? After twenty years, so long, good luck?"

"I don't recall saying good luck."

I really wish they'd gone with the original plan for A Milhouse Divided (as mentioned on the commentary) and had the entire story focus on the Van Houtens instead of forcing in a Marge/Homer story at the end. It's a severely underrated episode.

My dad and bro and I have always had a thing for "Top 5's" (but not like John Cusack in High Fidelity). The most debated has been Homer's injuries. All of us agree that Bart hitting Homer in the back with a chair while Homer's in the bath is a top fiver.

So, after mulling it over...Black Flagg will take Rando's place if Rando misses his fourth rounder. That may sound a little harsh, but, conceivably, his Round Four window may not close until Wednesday morning. This'll find its way into the first post with the rules, but anyone who misses two straight picks (or three altogether) will be shown the door.

Sorry, Al.

I've eluded to a recurring character who I'm surprised is still out there. Well, if he/she could last four rounds, they can last five. I'm going to go with a lesser regular, but one I prefer. It's not that the first guy is scum, I only consider him scum compared to Krusty.

luigi01.gif Luigi Risotto.

Yeah, you see how you scum.

Sorry, Al.

I've eluded to a recurring character who I'm surprised is still out there. Well, if he/she could last four rounds, they can last five. I'm going to go with a lesser regular, but one I prefer. It's not that the first guy is scum, I only consider him scum compared to Krusty.

luigi01.gif Luigi Risotto.

Yeah, you see how you scum.

I think all of the Stereotypes bowling team has been drafted now