TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dorianb

Has Samoa Joe's time in TNA hurt him?

Out with an Injury, and set to feud with Taker when he comes back?

Yeah, I think that beats getting killed by Nash and called a fat jobber ever week.

You know, if there is one guy I haven't missed at all, it would be Umaga. A feud with the Taker sounds so uninteresting, that I can't describe it.

It doesn't surprise me, that you feel that way.

TNA helped Joe by giving him more exposure and hurt him with bad booking. Just like WWE would help him with even more exposure but hurt him with even worse booking. He could be Umaga right now.

OK. There is really no reasonable explanation to somehow compare this topic with WWE. At all.

Yeah, I think that beats getting killed by Nash and called a fat jobber ever week.

No, made into a "savage" who can't speak English and dwindled in the midcard for years with a main event match every now and then. I'm not saying it's bad for Umaga, but Joe is higher up in the company he works for than Umaga is in the company he works for.

If something really bad were to happen to Samoa Joe or if he went to the WWE, this would be a HUGE loss for TNA and really hurt the place. I think eventually Samoa Joe will go to the WWE because how could he say no to making a lot more money and get that big bonus for being at Wrestlemania. I think Samoa Joe would do alright in the WWE as long as he's not on the same show as Triple H.

No, made into a "savage" who can't speak English and dwindled in the midcard for years with a main event match every now and then. I'm not saying it's bad for Umaga, but Joe is higher up in the company he works for than Umaga is in the company he works for.

Yeah, but Umaga isn't supposed to be the face of company. Umaga is also protected enough, that if needed he can be put in a big feud with anybody in the WWE and it will taking more seriously, then anything Joe is doing this moment.

Oh, and people in WWE aren't calling Umaga a fat half breed and a guy nobody will notice in an airport.

The only way that I think you will see Joe in WWE is if you find a copy of Metal/jakked that he was on years ago. I just can't see Joe going to WWE and being anything other than the traditional Samoan wrestlers that WWE has always had. If anything, Manu already has the distinction of being maybe the first non-savage Samoan in the company (unless you count the Rock), and that always could change. The savage Samoan gimmick was apparently the reason he left the Zero-1 promotion (read it in an interview a year or so ago, I don't have a link). They wanted him to do the gimmick and he left. But as always, money talks, especially right now. He could be U-Manga's cousin this time next year lol.

dorianb: Fatu eventually "civilized" long before Rock debuted in the company.

Well, civilized if you discount he was wearing ugly multicolor pants and was talking about "Making a change"

dorianb: Fatu eventually "civilized" long before Rock debuted in the company.

Well, civilized if you discount he was wearing ugly multicolor pants and was talking about "Making a change"

Then he went on to wear a thong, dance, and stuck his ass in people's faces after being a sultan.

Lol, I forgot about "Making a change" Fatu. I remember now, that gimmick was hilarious, he went from a headshrinker to a street smart neighborhood changer.

Damn, I also forgot about Rosey and Jamal together when they were 2 minute warning. And I guess you can count Yokozuna too.

But even after all those examples, I still think they would give him a savage gimmick. Although, I would like to be surprised.

That Fatu gimmick could have gotten over if the WWF had been aware that it was 1995 and not 1988. It was ultra cheesy with all the neon colors in Fatu's wardrobe, rather than this hard edged street gimmick. Paul Heyman could have booked that angle in his sleep.

Manu is basically DOA as a character now, playing lackey to Rhodes and DiBiase. Why not just put him with Umaga as a tag team once Umaga returns?