TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Patrick Spoon wants to meet New Yorkers

Anyone in the area is encouraged to give him a call at 843-364-0367. I spoke to him a minute ago and he expressed a particular interest in meeting bob_barron. Make it happen, bob.

Actually, it occurs to me now that he's staying at a hostel on W. 107th street. I've never been to NYC, so none of that means anything to me. In fact, I'm having a little trouble imagining a place with 107 streets.

Actually, it occurs to me now that he's staying at a hostel on W. 107th street. I've never been to NYC, so none of that means anything to me. In fact, I'm having a little trouble imagining a place with 107 streets.

When I went to NYC back in May, I thought we were going to get to see a lot of the city but it ended up that on the map of the city that folded out the size of my 30 inch TV sceen, we covered about the size of my thumb walking which was primarily up Broadway from Hill Country BBQ on West 26th street to the Empire State Building to Times Square to 53rd St where we had to walk over two blocks to 5th Ave (while getting a decent shot of where Glenn Beck does his Radio show at Radio City/Rockefeller Center) to pick up the Subway back to Penn Station. There was so much more I wanted to do but I was real tired from all the walking and by the time we got to see Radio city it was already like 9 at night and dark..

One time we went past 130th, but there were a lot of crumbled bricks, graffiti, and stores with names like "El Storeo Del Convenienco". We stuck to Central Park as the travelling limit after that.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Last time I was in NYC, I had to go to Jersey to pick up a load of vending machines. Several years ago.

I do so hate paying for the internets. That's right NYC people, 843-364-0367. I'm starting to go a little nuts since no one besides fellow out-of-towners are willing to talk to me, not even the freaks at the Lost and Found in Bedford-Stuyvesant. You think a bunch of tattooed, skinny jean wearing, pierced-ass, scuzzy lookin' muh'fuckas would delight in anyone who doesn't look homeless talking to them, but noooo. That and it's a bitch and a half trying to find weed here without knowing anyone. I have an eye for smokers in Charleston, but here it looks like almost everyone between 15 and 30 is on drugs.

I am indeed staying at 237 W107th, but am willing to meet people wherever. In fact, somewhere in the outer boroughs is almost better since I've been lazy and haven't left Manhattan yet except for last night. Not like that's a huge problem, since I had a fuckin' awesome time at the karaoke bars 'round Koreatown. Getting drunk in this town is expensive as shit, so I bought a bottle of rum and immediately felt like an alcoholic when I took it back to my room.

I spent the afternoon watching the NFL games at The Back Page on 3rd Avenue and was much more impressed with the spirit for pro football than the sad lack of passion for the college games yesterday.

I'm here through Thursday so gimme a shout, people!

Sorry, the one person I knew in Brooklyn that was a huge burnout just had a child and got it all out of her system in the last 10 months (it also helped that her dealer moved out of the city). If you don't find what you're looking for, maybe one of NYC's Hookah Bars would be an interesting substitute. I've kind of wanted to try it just for the selection of exotic tobaccos and to try and smoke out of those huge, ornate, urn-like things while trying to keep a straight face.

You can also find an Ethiopian restaurant and get fucked up on the honey wine. So good.

Heartland Brewery in Union Square is a busy place, but this time of year they usually have their Pumpkin Beer. I also really like that.

One thing in NYC I've never done and I really need to do before I leave is visit the FDNY firehouse whose external shots served as the headquarters for the Ghostbusters.

You're at W 107? So you're around Columbia U? There's some relatively cheap eats at Tom's Diner, on Broadway and (I think) 110 St (don't quote me on that). Not only was it the external shot for the diner on Seinfeld, but the '90s hit "Tom's Diner" was also about that place.

As for me, it's time to fight the masses on public transportation to get to work in Mid Town. Always a battle I have to gear myself up for.

That and it's a bitch and a half trying to find weed here without knowing anyone.

Have you tried walking down the street? I get offered weed all the time walking down 7th Avenue.

Lets hang out. Take the train out to Shirley in Suffolk County. You'll really enjoy yourself.

note - I don't live in Shirley.

I found some good, good stuff by telling a homeless dude half a block away from the hostel that I'd spare some coin if he could hook me up. I'm good on that front if anyone wants to have a chill session.

I visited the Ghostbusters firehouse today, in fact. Funny it would come up, and that I ate at Tom's Restaurant the first night I was here. I saw it from the bus on the way from the airport and freaked.

By the way, I need addresses if you want to hang out, people. I'm living and dying with the navigation on my phone, especially when I've gone downtown and nice, organized numbers don't really apply anymore. KANERULESFAN or someone like that called me last night using the IP Relay thing, but the operator was retarded. Then someone sent me a picture of a spoon and gave me five guesses as to who it was. I demand answers!