TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

I'd love to see an Orton/Sting feud. That sounds interesting.

So, to an extent, would Sting vs. Michaels and Sting vs. Triple H. Triple H calling himself the best and such, and Sting trying to put him in his place. The Michaels feud could be a sorta revenge deal like Batista did with how Michaels retired Flair.

Haven't been keeping up on wrestling for awhile, but would fans even recognize Sting? Have there been a ton of WCW releases as of late? I know a lot of smarks would be marking out, but what about those 11-year-old kids with Mysterio masks and spinning belts?

Haven't been keeping up on wrestling for awhile, but would fans even recognize Sting? Have there been a ton of WCW releases as of late? I know a lot of smarks would be marking out, but what about those 11-year-old kids with Mysterio masks and spinning belts?

Well, recent fans might recognize him if they bought the most recent Ric Flair collection DVD set.

Plus, there's the Starrcade set that's coming out soon.

And there's a chance some of those fans have been watching WCW matches on WWE 24/7.

So yeah, there's a good chance still that some of those fans would know who Sting is.

Sounds like a lot of pre-Crow stuff, though, but with WWE's production team, they can make anyone a star. Heck, I'm sure they can bring back the original crow gimmick of the loner from the rafters and nobody would be the wiser. Have Orton come in, spew the Legends Killer stuff, then have the lights go out and on and have a guy in face paint and a trenchcoat with a baseball bat.

Yeah, I'm too excited for my own good.

Sting, in numerous interviews, has said he didn't go to WWE, chose TNA instead, because he didn't trust Vince not to make a joke out of him, he felt because he had so many ties to WCW, Vince would use Sting as the scapegoat for another WCW burial.

He has a point.

I wonder if WWE could talk Sting to coming in to do one match at like a WM or something, and have an agreement where Sting gets full control of what he's doing, etc. They could include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, etc. Of course, there'd probably be little incentive for WWE to do that other than to help pop one buyrate. That isn't usually how Vince McMahon works.

See, I don't know if I agree with the "Sting connection to WCW thing."

Despite that whole wig thing that...well, I don't even REMEMBER that segment, so I have a feeling people blow the importance of that WAY out of proportion...they didn't do TOO badly with Goldberg when he was in WWE.

I'd be afraid of turning into a joke, as well, but wasn't one of his reasons for not going to the WWE because of the travel? I'd imagine the TNA schedule is a lot less strict than the WWE schedule and thus can be with his family more.

I'd be afraid of turning into a joke, as well, but wasn't one of his reasons for not going to the WWE because of the travel? I'd imagine the TNA schedule is a lot less strict than the WWE schedule and thus can be with his family more.

We talking about Sting or Christian here?

We talking about Sting or Christian here?

I was talking about Sting, but I guess it is applicable to Christian, as well.

Meltzer said he expects Angle to be back in WWE one day.

What's the upside for the WWE? Angle will run himself ragged on the WWE schedule, and drop dead on their watch. I have no clue as to why they'd ever want to bring him back.

I've never entirely understood why Goldberg felt he was misused in WWE. He signed for 1 year and that was it, so he couldn't get some lengthy run with a world title. I didn't care for the slight change in his music but I think that was a rights issue. The Goldust wig skit was forgettable and hardly did any lasting damage to him. Aside from that? They put him over The Rock out of the gate, put him over Jericho after that, and while he may have lost the EC match he did beat HHH numerous times after that match. And they also thought a little better of him than they did Lesnar at WM 20, so he got a win on the way out.

I usually take what Vince says on camera with a grain of salt, but not so much as a single cynical bone in my body did twitch when I viewed the Byte This clip describing the circumstances around Angle's release and his concerns toward his well being as a person.

A great number of talents could be deemed expendable. Angle, even as a headliner in 2006, was no Steve Austin. He could leave and it would leave a reasonably big hole in the talent pool, no doubt. But it was not like losing Hulk Hogan in the mid-nineties.

That said, Vince put everything on the table, and I truly believe that he was hoping that Angle would come back. Not because he feared the edge that the competition would get if they acquired his name value and the work that he would bring, but because I think that McMahon was a fan of Angle as a performer. I would guess that Vince took some sense of pride in the body of work that Angle put together under the WWE banner.

My guess is that McMahon would welcome him back on specific terms. Perhaps an light schedule would be a precondition.

They just need to kiss and make up...

wwe_wwf_lilsboys_wr_241442a-1.jpg

Chances are those 11 year old kids are into wrestling because someone older in their family was first. They'll definitely know who Sting is.. or at least have a rudimentary knowledge that he's a famous wrestler. Even outside of that, what kid isn't going to get behind a guy who looks like that? (Ok, or maybe run from him, heh).

Not to mention whenever I talk to casual fans they bring his name up fondly still. He's one of those guys that people will never forget. I'm also sure the younger kids have probably seen him on TNA in passing or in WWE DVD, 24/7 commercials. When I was a kid, even before I bought the apter mags and what not, I watched wcw and wwf. I'd even watch smokey mountain and ecw if it was on. When you're a kid and a mega wrestling fan you have probably atleast seen the only other televised competitor. I could be wrong though.

Wasn't Sting really close to signing with WWE in 2003? I seem to remember the dirt sheets claiming WWE had Sting vs. Triple H lined up for Bad Blood '03 if Sting came in.

Wasn't Sting really close to signing with WWE in 2003? I seem to remember the dirt sheets claiming WWE had Sting vs. Triple H lined up for Bad Blood '03 if Sting came in.

Really? WWE coveted the Sting acquisition so much that they wanted to give us the big money match against World Champion HHH at Bad Blood?

Boy, he missed out on some sweet shit.

Well, for historical purposes that WAS the first one brand PPV and was supposed to be headlined by Goldberg vs. HHH. They wanted to treat it big. Sting was really close to coming in as I recall. Back when our local paper published the Alex Marvez column, I remember him referring to Sting as "soon to be debuting".

Yeah, I know that Goldberg was supposed to headline the show against HHH. But it was a shitty throwaway PPV that was built around Austin and Bischoff squaring off in the Redneck Triathlon that WWE fans loved so much that they went out of their way to never speak of again.

I'm glad Christian is going back to the WWE but I hope he ends up on Raw. I doubt it though. I don't believe Sting will ever go to the WWE because for too many years he has had so many chances to go there. Its a damn shame.

I don't see how Christian really fits on RAW at this point. Cena is coming back soon, Orton just came back, they have Jericho as the top heel...I think Christian would work better on Smackdown right now.

Christian coming in and winning the ECW Title would be pretty cool.

Not really. ECW's a C-level brand, and Christian winning that title would brand him as a midcarder

ECW being dissolved would be pretty cool.

WHAT YOU SAY !!!

The roster is way too thin and half of the people on that roster aren't even active workers. Plus the other half regularly appear as a part of the other show(s). What's the point of this brand that can't be fulfilled with either of the other two?

Christian is a mid-carder in WWE land.

Do you guys honestly think Christian is going to be a main eventer in WWE? Seriously?

He's no more a main eventer than Matt Hardy. Matt and Christian both suffer from the brother/tag-partner problem.

Christian will never be seen by the fans as bigger than Edge, and Matt won't ever be bigger than Jeff.

Christian has had that stigma for a long time, at least in my eyes.

ECW being dissolved would be pretty cool.

WHAT YOU SAY !!!

The roster is way too thin and half of the people on that roster aren't even active workers. Plus the other half regularly appear as a part of the other show(s). What's the point of this brand that can't be fulfilled with either of the other two?

Why can't they just fix it up then? Why dissolve it when they COULD make it work? They have enough young guys going right now that with a little work, ECW could be fine. Here's a few guys that benefited from ECW existing: CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison (remember his press conference on RAW? Yeaaaah. I don't think he would have developed such a strong character being thrown out to the wolves every week on RAW.)