TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

If there was a time for Sting to go to the WWE it would have been for Ric Flair's retirement match. He could have come in as a bitter heel, and got over big by retiring Flair in his first match with the WWE. Then turned his sights to Shawn Michaels or someone.

Sting and Ric Flair had a match on the final WCW show in 2001.

That probably was suppose to be the last match for the both those guys and it would've been if it wasn't for the birth of TNA and Ric Flair getting lucky enough to get hired by the WWE and then for him wanting to get back in the ring for more matches.

Christian is a mid-carder in WWE land.

Do you guys honestly think Christian is going to be a main eventer in WWE? Seriously?

He's no more a main eventer than Matt Hardy. Matt and Christian both suffer from the brother/tag-partner problem.

Christian will never be seen by the fans as bigger than Edge, and Matt won't ever be bigger than Jeff.

Christian has had that stigma for a long time, at least in my eyes.

But how does Christian coming in and immediately winning a C-level belt help him any good?

I don't think he'll ever be a main eventer, but give him a chance on RAW or Smackdown before shipping him off to ECW.

Christian is a mid-carder in WWE land.

Do you guys honestly think Christian is going to be a main eventer in WWE? Seriously?

He's no more a main eventer than Matt Hardy. Matt and Christian both suffer from the brother/tag-partner problem.

Christian will never be seen by the fans as bigger than Edge, and Matt won't ever be bigger than Jeff.

Christian has had that stigma for a long time, at least in my eyes.

But how does Christian coming in and immediately winning a C-level belt help him any good?

I don't think he'll ever be a main eventer, but give him a chance on RAW or Smackdown before shipping him off to ECW.

It wouldn't hurt.

pwinsider is saying that wwe creative is waiting on the Edge return to have him come back with Christian.

I don't know where the two could go together, unless they go after HHH, but Christian is playing the sidekick again and HHH will just beat both, even with the numbers disadvantage. I'd rather see Christian align with Vickie Guerrero and battle Edge.

As much as I like Christian, I don't mind seeing some guys leave for the E. Over the past couple of years, TNA has just brought in too many WWE guys, and has really moved away from building their own guys. I think Joe would have been booked better had all the E guys come in just as he was catching fire. The X-Division has really lost steam once the focus was moved from them to the former WWE guys. I think the only former WWE guys I wouldn't mind seeing stick around are Morgan (he's done well with himself since coming over), Rhino (he's been used better in TNA then in WWE, although he could be used better in TNA) and 3D (if used only to put over younger tag teams).

Could they break out the kazoos once in a while just for old time's sake?

They could sing "Time to Play The Game" on the kazoos since they did for "My Time" 8 years ago.

I AM CHRIS BENOIT AND I'M REALLY MAD

I AM CHRIS BENOIT AND I'M REALLY ANGRY

I AM CHRIS BENOIT AND I'M REALLY MAD

I AM CHRIS BENOIT AND I'M REALLY ANGRY

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO TAP OUT!!

Yeah I remember the skit, I just have no class.

The X-Division has really lost steam once the focus was moved from great matches with TNA's top stars to midcard status, then the BUTT of comedy, then buried by Nash, followed by the belt being so 'important' that wrestlers were fighting for POSSESSION of it, but not to actually be champion.

EFA

Here's what I don't get. What did Christian expect in TNA? They put the world title on him a couple of times, gave him the biggest push of his career, had him go undefeated for nearly 2 years, etc. What more did he want? If anything based on the talent they had in TNA and his previous spot in WWE one could make the case that TNA overpushed him.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Had Christian ever seen an episode of Impact before he signed with TNA? It is what it is. And frankly, I think it has a much more "big time" feel now than it did in 2005 when he jumped. I watched last week's episode with a friend who hasn't watched wrestling in the last few years and he was shocked by how many big names were on the roster. Yes, the booking is subpar, but at least it's not as predictable as WWE, with Triple H and the McMahons always going over in the end.

I like Christian, but if he leaves at this point, good riddance. His role in the MEM angle doesn't make any sense anyway.

Update from today's WON:

- Christian hasn't signed, but TNA is quite sure he's done unless it's a secret work. They've had several people talk to him and promised him a lead role as a face in the MEM vs Originals angle, but he seems uninterested.

- Goldust is officially signed to a contract.

- Tomko has signed with WWE, but no details are known.

Wow, WWE actually signed a big man that can work? They'll NEVER use him to his full potential, but that is a hell of a signing! I just hope they don't make him flounder-away in the Development camp relearning how to work like a WWE big man. :angry:

Wow, WWE actually signed a big man that can work? They'll NEVER use him to his full potential, but that is a hell of a signing! I just hope they don't make him flounder-away in the Development camp relearning how to work like a WWE big man. :angry:

You are aware he was in WWE before, right...?

And not to mention, as far as I can recall majority hated him, and thought quite the opposite, that being that he couldn't work. I mean, let's not forget that amazing match he had with Stevie Richards at Unforgiven. His only shining moment during his first WWE stint was "No."

Of course he's a better worker now, but I don't ever really see him being anything other then, as stated a package deal with Christian, or a lower card guy in the vein of Knox/Snitsky right now. Ok, maybe not Snitsky.

Tomko - Big man that can work, shows a lot of intensity in the ring, but can't work the mic for shit.

Snitsky - JTTS. Just a big man who's there to put over other wrestlers, and have the occasional win over Val Venis. Decent on the mic, not so good in the ring.

Mike Knox - Isn't it nice of Mr. McMahon to let that nice homeless guy that lives behind the arena earn a couple bucks? All kidding aside, he's just another bland big guy with a hobo beard and plain ring gear. I like his snap Flatliner finisher, but aside from that, he's nothing impressive in the ring.

Personally, I would rather see Tomko get a push out of the three. RAW could use him, SD could use him, even ECW needs a credible monster not named Mark Henry. BTW, why does he always have to be aligned with Christian?. The only thing worth noting that they ever did together was "Tomko gimme a beat!.........No." It was still funny as hell though.

Edge and Christian back together would make for all sorts of fun. Tomko would be better served on his own, IMO.

Tomko - Big man that can work, shows a lot of intensity in the ring, but can't work the mic for shit.

Snitsky - JTTS. Just a big man who's there to put over other wrestlers, and have the occasional win over Val Venis. Decent on the mic, not so good in the ring.

Mike Knox - Isn't it nice of Mr. McMahon to let that nice homeless guy that lives behind the arena earn a couple bucks? All kidding aside, he's just another bland big guy with a hobo beard and plain ring gear. I like his snap Flatliner finisher, but aside from that, he's nothing impressive in the ring.

Personally, I would rather see Tomko get a push out of the three. RAW could use him, SD could use him, even ECW needs a credible monster not named Mark Henry. BTW, why does he always have to be aligned with Christian?. The only thing worth noting that they ever did together was "Tomko gimme a beat!.........No." It was still funny as hell though.

Edge and Christian back together would make for all sorts of fun. Tomko would be better served on his own, IMO.

Shave off Tomko's billygoat beard and what does he have? Knox is a much better wrestler than Tomko. I haven't seen Tomko in TNA, which came after a successful Japan stint, so maybe he'll surpirse me.

Knox is the Truth.

Shave off Tomko's billygoat beard and what does he have? Knox is a much better wrestler than Tomko. I haven't seen Tomko in TNA, which came after a successful Japan stint, so maybe he'll surpirse me.

Knox is the Truth.

Shave off Tomko's billygoat beard and you still have an above-average big man. If you didn't see him work in TNA, you missed out. After WWE, Tomko went to Japan and someone over there taught him how to wrestle. He's night and day to how he was in his first WWE stint.

Knox really does nothing for me.

Mike Knox is the future. bob_barron was really ahead of the pack in realizing this mans greatness.

I'm serious when I say I so hope that Summerslam is main evented next year by Cena/Knox with Knox in the Umaga role.