TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

Christian will never ever be WWE/World champ.

I'm making a (not so?) bold statement there and i'd bet money on it. He's (in my opinion of course) got a stigma of being too small in WWE land.

Christian just isn't WWE main event material and he now won't ever be.

He's in the same camp as Matt Hardy.

This of course is just my opinion.

Explain Jeff Hardy's push then. Christian is the same height as Jeff and 2 pounds heavier than Jeff. If he warrants it, the WWE would definitely give Christian a main event push.

For today's wrestling... Jeff Harvey is over at RVD levels right now. Christian will never be that over.

For today's wrestling...

For today's wrestling...

I agree with KOAB that Hardy is the most over he has ever been. I think Christian could get over as a main eventer, but he wouldn't surpass Jeff.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christian won the WWE Championship in the future myself. The obvious scenario if that happened would be him alligning with Edge when he debuts and ultimately turning on him. In which case, if the fans reacted big to that he'd have enough momentum to get a title run. Size is still a big deal, but certainly not as much as it once was. If Kendrick can make a WWE Title main-event, someone like Christian could easily go to the next level.

I wouldn't bet money on it though.

It all boils down to the fan reaction. I mean, Rey Rey became champion and he's the smallest of them all. Jeff is getting push and could be the champ, he just need to stop 'fuckin up'. Punk isnt that big at all, and he was champ. Size really is not a factor anymore, it's all about crowd reaction, if the crowd gets behind him like they did with Rey, Eddie, Jeff without fuckin up, then he could become a main eventer/champ.

Thats my opinion.

It all boils down to the fan reaction. I mean, Rey Rey became champion and he's the smallest of them all. Jeff is getting push and could be the champ, he just need to stop 'fuckin up'. Punk isnt that big at all, and he was champ. Size really is not a factor anymore, it's all about crowd reaction, if the crowd gets behind him like they did with Rey, Eddie, Jeff without fuckin up, then he could become a main eventer/champ.

Thats my opinion.

Ooppps, double post,

DAMN

Those guys have a certain X-factor to them though or excel really well at one thing. Christian is solid guy in a fields, but there's nothing he's really great at. What was regarded as his one strength in his mic work... well, it just happened to be brutally exposed in TNA when he was allowed to do his own thing.

I'm just really letting this TNA run bring down the old way I looked at him. See, his last year or so in WWE had me believing here was a guy who was ready to take the next step and become a true main event player. But, the TNA run has left me thinking that perhaps WWE was protecting the guy. Though, I still think he could possibly be a guy you could plug into any spot on the card, even a quick main event run to establish your new champion right out of the gate. Basically the role JBL has right now. I see that with the right protection of the guy.

Being brutally exposed in TNA...meaning he carried himself like a true main eventer on the mic and outclassed just about everyone he came across?

Am I the only one who thought he had a good run in TNA?

I thought he had a solid TNA run and showed he can carry a load. But I just don't think the WWE will think he can carry a WWE load. If the crowd reaction isn't big enough in their opinion, he'll be the midcard Edge lackey they always had him as. Which will be incredibly depressing seeing him just take the Chavo spot with Vickie and Edge.

Being brutally exposed in TNA...meaning he carried himself like a true main eventer on the mic and outclassed just about everyone he came across?

Am I the only one who thought he had a good run in TNA?

I thought he was GREAT. Loved his increased moveset also. The E "style" inhibits so many of these guys

There was a run that he had end of last year/beginning of this one where he was absolutely tremendous. He did more new things that made sense in his match with Samoa Joe at Bound For Glory than I'd seen out of him in a long time. He then went on to have 2 great matches with shitty endings with Angle. Now...most people can have good matches with Joe and Angle...but he was really really good in that stretch. And his mic work when he was a heel was great.

We live in a world where CM Punk gets a few months with the title even thought they had nothing for him to do, and clearly no intention on following up with any kind of push at the top.

Anyone can hold it.

How about Snitsky? :P

We live in a world where CM Punk gets a few months with the title even thought they had nothing for him to do, and clearly no intention on following up with any kind of push at the top.

Anyone can hold it.

How about Snitsky? :P

Mike Knox?

I could see Christian getting a short reign with either of the two major world belts. If CM Punk can have the belt, Christian certainly can. Hell, a few years back I would have never thought Edge or even Chris Jericho would hold a world title. Times have changed in WWE. Vince isn't as obsessed with huge guys like everyone still thinks.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- As noted earlier, Tyson Tomko returned to WWE this past Monday in a dark match before RAW, defeating Paul Burchill. The match was designed to help Tomko look better and get over with the RAW audience. Word is that when Vince McMahon got a good look at Tomko on Monday and what Vince believed to be his poor physical shape, Vince jumped on John Laurinaitis, who was a big proponent of bringing Tomko back to WWE.

A source reports that Tomko may already be done with WWE and may not make it back to the main roster. Tomko was expected to train at Florida Championship Wrestling until WWE was ready for him to come to the main roster. Tomko lives about an hour from FCW's training facility but only showed up to train a few times.

If Tomko is in "poor physical shape" then how in the hell do guys like Festus receive pushes and make it to TV/the main roster? Am I the only one who thinks that Vince suffers from bi-polar disorder..? Someone needs to get the old coot on meds, asap.

If Tomko is in "poor physical shape" then how in the hell do guys like Festus receive pushes and make it to TV/the main roster? Am I the only one who thinks that Vince suffers from bi-polar disorder..? Someone needs to get the old coot on meds, asap.

I figured out years ago Vince is totally insane. Plus odds are keeping his body in shape from all his handy helpers have left his brain a little bit like swiss cheese. Nevermind his delusional opinion that big men always beat small men in a fight.

I would like to see what Tomko looks like now though.

Doesn't look in poor physical shape to me, but whatever. Vince didn't notice this "poor physical shape" before re-signing him?

Vince doesn't sign people. John Laurinaitis does.

He desn't look in bad shape, but he looks in normal shape. Vince probably figures that if you're taking your comeback seriously you'd come in peak shape given that you had nothing to do except work out the last handful of weeks. His physique is really less than impressive there, he looks pasty and saggy, and the match seemed rather shitty to boot.