TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

I saw the dark match at Raw. Tomko looked in decent shape and maybe slightly bulkier than he used to be. Think more Batista-ish than before. He also got a good pop from the live crowd upon his return and win.

Tomko knew he wanted to go to WWE after the TNA/Japan deals fell through, he should've been juicing up before he got signed, then cycled off when he realised he was getting signed.

I hope you're not serious. Suggesting that a wrestler should juice to get into the WWE in this day and age? I realize that Tomko probably does use, but that's pretty stupid to expect it of him.

Kind of.

Did Tomko not train since he left TNA? Or is it just because Tomko isn't muscled up like Batista or even Kane?

I'm not too surprised at his look - he looked about the same during his one-shot return against Joe in the Nash gauntlet on Impact. He's looking very "well", which is good for his long-term health, but perhaps very bad for his short-term future. It's sad to think that in about a year, he went from seemingly becoming a main event regular in TNA to now being out of a job just about anywhere.

Edited by MGFanJay

Did Tomko not train since he left TNA? Or is it just because Tomko isn't muscled up like Batista or even Kane?

I'm not too surprised at his look - he looked about the same during his one-shot return against Joe in the Nash gauntlet on Impact. He's looking very "well", which is good for his long-term health, but perhaps very bad for his short-term future. It's sad to think that in about a year, he went from seemingly becoming a main event regular in TNA to now being out of a job just about anywhere.

Did Tomko burn all his bridges when he left TNA?

From what I remember reading, it's not that he burned his bridges, but the TNA higher ups weren't happy about him wrestling in Japan against their wishes. And the fact that he got injured while there didn't bode to well.

I think it's been pretty well-established that there's no such thing as burning a bridge in pro wrestling.

108771_2.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAH.

Everyone and their mother knows that Vince & Savage will kiss and make up one day. Vince & Bischoff working together is the penultimate example that there is never a burned bridge in wrestling.

Vince will forgive anyone that he thinks he can make money with. If he thought that the Warrior would put money in his pocket...they'd call him. If TNA folds and he decided he wants the tape library...Jarrett would be working as a road agent the next day. Hogan's been back and forth and buried and praised Vince so many times and it doesn't matter. He's mad at Foley now...but you know he'll be back.

Savage, on the other hand... There's no public falling out to note...but there's an obvious ban going on. Something must have happened. There's money to be made with him in the Hall of Fame and a DVD release...but that phone hasn't rung in years.

I think it's been pretty well-established that there's no such thing as burning a bridge in pro wrestling.

Agreed. If this can happen, anything is possible:

080505.jpg

Irony Alert: TheFranchise is reading our discussion on burning bridges, and I was just about to bring up Target's own Shane Douglas

Oh, but if you listen to The LAW this is not ironic, it's a coincidence! See, because irony has nothing to do with coincidences, or something...

-- It definitely appears that Christian Cage is returning to World Wrestling Entertainment after spending the past three years in TNA. There have already been talks of holding a match between Christian & Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania 25, reports ProWrestling.NET. Cage is expected to be revealed as the mystery person in the storyline of who attacked Jeff Hardy on the morning of last month's Survivor Series pay-per-view. Still no word yet on when he'll make his official return to WWE.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008_/1230572281.php

Jeff Hardy vs. Christian for the World Title? Maybe?

I'd love another winner takes all tag match with two straps on the line

TLC VIII

The Hardys vs Edge and Christian

Christian vs Jeffy Hardy at Mania? So Hardy loses the title at the Rumble or No Way Out I guess, cause no way that will be the world title match at wrestlemania.

Christian vs Jeffy Hardy at Mania? So Hardy loses the title at the Rumble or No Way Out I guess, cause no way that will be the world title match at wrestlemania.

Oh, ye of little faith.

Oh, ye of little faith.

He's right.

I know...

In fairness it shouldn't be, either, because Christian is not a big enough name and Jeff vs Xtian doesn't exactly scream epic match even though I like both guys.

So Christian would have to cost Hardy the title - meaning more than likely Edge would win it. It would set-up Christian vs Jeff Hardy and likely Edge vs HHH (assuming HBK vs Undertaker of course).

Hayes has been pushing for an Edge vs Hardy TLC match - that might be the best time to re-debut Christian. However where would Matt Hardy fit in all of this? Either at RR or whatever the Feb PPV is called these days.

I still like the idea of making this an epic storyline involving not only Edge, Jeff, Christian and Matt but also involving Kizarny and Hurricane Helms.

Ugh, no more TLC matches involving Hardyz/E&C. Edge already has 1 neck operation under his belt (insert Lita joke here), and Matt has ongoing knee problems. No need to have these guys falling off/through stuff unnecessarily.

I still like the idea of making this an epic storyline involving not only Edge, Jeff, Christian and Matt but also involving Kizarny and Hurricane Helms.

You're fascination with Kizarny is truly bizarre.

That chairshot HHH gave Edge a few weeks ago on Raw was stupid. dude swung entirely too hard on him.

I hope Christian gets a grand entrance back, and is pushed well. Shame about Tomko.

But Hardyz/E&C 08 sounds awesome.

You're fascination with Kizarny is truly bizarre.

I have no idea why he mentioned Hurricane Helms. :huh: