TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for this Thursday

*Impact opened with Mick Foley addressing Samoa Joe, The Motor City Machineguns, Petey Williams, Consequences Creed, AJ Styles and Jay Lethal. He tells them that they all did a good job at the Turning Point PPV. Alex Shelley isn't paying attention so Foley gets mad and says he will deal with Shelley next week. He tells Joe and Styles about some of his more famous matches and tells them they need to learn from their mistakes or else the Main Event Mafia will strike them out again. Foley tells Young he did a good job in the X-Division seeding match and is giving him a title match against Sheik Abdul Bashir tonight. He tells Styles and Joe they will get to challenge Beer Money tonight and announces Sting vs. Lethal for the TNA title.

*Awesome Kong & Rhaka Khan defeated Roxxi & Taylor Wilde.

*Eric Young defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir to win the TNA X-Division championship. All the Originals come out to celebrate.

*Scott Steiner defeated Rhino after Kurt Angle's distraction.

*TNA champ Sting defeated Jay Lethal. The finish Motor City Machineguns came down and then Alex Shelley got on the apron. Chris Sabin grabbed Sting and told Lethal to nail him but Lethal didn't want to cheat so he tossed Sabin out of the ring. Sting grabbed him and nailed the Scorpion Death Drop. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe came down and argued with The Guns until the other TNA Originals came down to break it up.

*Backstage, the Main Event Mafia (except Sting) are shown beating down Petey Williams. Steiner throws him off a ladder and he is shown all bloody. Kevin Nash told him, "If you want a war, you've got one."

*TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc. defeated Samoa Joe & AJ Styles by DQ. Team 3D were doing guest commentary and interfered, attacking Beer Money. They had words with Styles and Joe afterward.

*The Main Event Mafia (no Sting) come to the ring and Kurt Angle calls out Christian Cage. Angle asks Christian where the suit they gave him is. He talks about commitment and says he is questioning Cage's commitment since he heard that when Cage's TNA deal is up, he's jumping to WWE. Angle says this isn't a welcoming party but a goodbye party. They all attack Cage and lay him out, posing over him.

Xplosion:

*Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Consequences Creed.

*The Main Event Mafia (no Sting) come to the ring and Kurt Angle calls out Christian Cage. Angle asks Christian where the suit they gave him is. He talks about commitment and says he is questioning Cage's commitment since he heard that when Cage's TNA deal is up, he's jumping to WWE. Angle says this isn't a welcoming party but a goodbye party. They all attack Cage and lay him out, posing over him.

Cage getting buried on his way out.

Or they're keeping it a secret that he's resigning so that he can do a surprise run-in at some point.

They did a similar deal with Abyss about 3-4 years ago, when he was supposedly WWE bound, but instead it was kept quiet that he was resigning and he ran out and attacked Jeff Hardy on PPV.

Yeah, I was just thinking that it's a little too on the nose. Would they really want to advertise one of their top talents leaving for the bigger fish in the pond?

This reaks of Christian staying in TNA.

CHRISTIAN CAGE-TNA UPDATE (INCLUDES SPOILER)

by Mike Johnson @ 2008-11-10 20:18:49

As those of you who may have read the TNA spoilers have surmised, TNA wrote Christian Cage out of their storylines in an angle where he was beaten and left for dead by the Main Event Mafia after Kurt Angle noted he had heard Cage was looking to leave TNA for WWE when his TNA deal expires.

Cage's TNA contract expires next month. TNA made the decision to write Cage out now as the belief internally is that Cage, who was extremely well liked, is looking to return to World Wrestling Entertainment. Rather than be caught unaware at the last second (as they were with Gail Kim), TNA opted to remove him from their storylines.

As I noted earlier today on my PWInsider.com Elite Hotline, TNA is still discussing a new contract with Cage. Should he decide to remain with the company, a revenge storyline against the Main Event Mafia is already set.

Ehh, it's dumb to do it like that. They should have just had them beat him up and been like "consider that your initiation. If you've got any balls you'll come back." And then he'd wouldn't come back and he's look like a pussy. Announcing that a dude is going to the other promotion, especially when the dude is right there on your TV as you're saying it, is just...I don't know, it's wrong. But then again, I don't have any unresolved issues due to discovering that Vince McMahon, the man I see as a father figure, doesn't respect me as much as I respect him, so forgive me if I don't have the insight required to understand why mentioning WWE on every show is so brilliant.

Yeah, but it also reeks of Russo's work-shoots. The angle actually works either way, so at least kudos to TNA.

What isn't a work-shoot in TNA? I hear lots of smark terms being used just about every week.

You know when someone will officially know what is happening when Christian? The day after his contract is due to expire and if he shows up at an Impact taping or on WWE television. Until then, this is what he does. Says one thing, does another then says he's doing another followed by his actual real decision.

Like one of the writers said recently, Christian gives them a headache when it comes contract time cause you never know for sure what he'll do. And he never tells his friends what he is really thinking cause he can't trust them to shut up. Either way he goes, I can see the positives. Either he stays in TNA, works a little bit easier schedule or he goes to the WWE for a bigger payday and more security for his future but with no time with his family.

How much longer until Sting gets booted from the Mafia for not getting his hands dirty in the "war".

I personally see him dropping the gold to Angle after being kicked out of the Mafia.

Thing is why would the Mafia kick Sting out if he still has the belt? He would almost have to lose it to a younger guy and then they get pissed at him, then he gets heaved.

Christian has accomplished about all he's going to in TNA, so I hope he goes back to WWE. I doubt he'll get the TNA title again so why not see what WWE will do with him the 2nd time around.

Writing Christian off by saying "you're going to a better company" is the stupidest write-off for a character I've ever heard of which leads me to believe he actually is leaving. Any other company, I'd say it was red herring, but not this TV show.

AS Venk said, I'm very sure Christian is actually leaving and TNA just fucked it up and talked about the E again instead of sticking to themselves. If Christian gets back in WWE he'll probably just say I was taaking a hiatus rather than I JUMPED SHIP TO TNA THEN I JUMPED BACK

Rhaka Khan and Kong together is crazy.

Cage getting buried on his way out.

Not really. I mean 4 guys laying one person out in an assault isn't burying someone.

Writing Christian off by saying "you're going to a better company" is the stupidest write-off for a character I've ever heard of which leads me to believe he actually is leaving. Any other company, I'd say it was red herring, but not this TV show.

I missed the part where anyone said "you're going to a better company" in that angle they taped last night.

Also, nobody knows yet IF he is even leaving, this is WHY they did the angle as they did....in case he leaves, which for all we know, can be explained that Christian states that he is mulling to take the WWE offer because he had to join the MEM and wants out because of that. If he decides to not leave (and keep in mind his contract expires sometime this month so who knows what will happen) then this is a ready made angle they can follow up on.

And DCH, I doubt that if he goes back to WWE, Christian will mention either of those examples in why he left. It will probably just be a null and void issue.

And one more thing, nothing reeks of burial here to me. Now if he got punked out by ONE of the Mafia, I could see it, but he got beat down by 5 of them. I'm missing how that's burying a talent.

On a total side note, I can see now the general idea this MEM/Originals storyline will probably go. The Originals bite off a little more than they can chew with the "old guys" but Foley kind of motivates and teaches them the way of the business, so to speak, and ultimately I would think that leads to the long term idea of the Originals going over. I still am a bit confused in what role Jarrett will play long term also.....I hope its not as the "savior" for the Originals, although I'm betting that's the plan.

The trouble is, the MEM guys don't need anybody cutting promos for them. Angle, Nash, Sting and Booker are all more than capable. I like the idea of Cornette and Foley controlling the two groups and their promo wars would be fantastic. But Cornette would be better served with someone who needs him.

Hypothetically, he could manage The Guns if they end up as outcasts in the middle of both groups.

I know it's been said a billion times now, but someone needs to make Tenay and West shut the hell up for just five seconds or so, every once in a while.

Overall, a good show. How the hell did Angle get so soaked with sweat during in such a small amount of time during that Christian beatdown?

As for Christian, do you guys really think he'll leave? Some sources say it's certain; others claim he's just trying to get the same money from TNA that WWE would give him.

I'd prefer that he stay with TNA. He's a big star there, and I think he'd be just another upper midcard guy in WWE. I think it's mutually beneficial if he stays where he is. Hopefully, TNA will pay him what he deserves.

I know it's been said a billion times now, but someone needs to make Tenay and West shut the hell up for just five seconds or so, every once in a while.

I really hate when Tenay talks during promos.

I have to admit...I like the Main Event Mafia better than anything going in WWE right now. Who knows how long this will stay interesting since the MEM are vastly more interesting than the jobberific TNA Originals, and in theory those guys need to get some heat back.

The Christian segment was effective but also quite odd. If he is in fact leaving I wonder why they would write him out in this fashion, when it seems like he would want revenge on all of those guys. If he's staying, then this segment makes sense and will lead to future matches. If he really is going, then I don't get it. Why not just have him challenge Booker one last time and say "If I win, I stay here in TNA as my own man...if I lose, I'm gone for good."

I kinda liked Christian's last segment. If he does re-sign with the company he has the ready made feuds set to go...but if he does go to WWE, the MEM can cut a promo about how they ran the "great" Christian Cage" out of TNA too scared to come back. I do think that TNA has a lot of respect for Christian. He was the first name of any value that came to them. This was before Sting, Angle or Booker found their way to the company. Christian and TNA were good for each other. If he returns to WWE, that's cool. He gave 3 years of hard work to them. If he stays, he'll be a player. But I think they wrote him out in a way that doesn't bury him...and either way it goes...they're on decent terms.

I have to admit...I like the Main Event Mafia better than anything going in WWE right now. Who knows how long this will stay interesting since the MEM are vastly more interesting than the jobberific TNA Originals, and in theory those guys need to get some heat back.

This is the part of the angle I don't get, and it's Russo / creative's fault. Why on earth would I support a bad-ass turned whiner, a guy who for reasons I'm not quite sure of was turned into a jobber comedy character with a stupid Karen Angle storyline in late 2007 / early 2008, a lunatic, another lunatic who thinks he's Randy Savage and was the bitch of his crappy relationship with a girl he should have dumped, and a guy who thinks he's Apollo Creed over 5 cool guys who are awesome and always win?

I really hate when Tenay talks during promos.

What really got me was the end of the Sting/Lethal match, when they were just doing non-stop play-by-play after the Guns ran in. Going "Oh! Lethal doesn't want their help!" etc. It's like "Yeah, we're wrestling fans, we've seen this scenario a million times, you don't have to tell us what's going to happen." It's like they are doing commentary for an audience of six year olds that have never seen pro wrestling before.

This is the part of the angle I don't get, and it's Russo / creative's fault. Why on earth would I support a bad-ass turned whiner, a guy who for reasons I'm not quite sure of was turned into a jobber comedy character with a stupid Karen Angle storyline in late 2007 / early 2008, a lunatic, another lunatic who thinks he's Randy Savage and was the bitch of his crappy relationship with a girl he should have dumped, and a guy who thinks he's Apollo Creed over 5 cool guys who are awesome and always win?

So far, this seems to be the Millionaires club redux. If you establish the young guys as no-star weak jobbers, by the time you give them a win they are just no-star weak jobbers who won a fake pro wrestling match. (Then the Nash and Stieners of the world can go to management and say "see, we need more money because we are the only draws you have").